cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » idle chat
 Print Thread
Physical activities :D
fefe
Grin
www.lolbase.net/EU/feliox/signature/0b3daa520.png

krakyn

Vadoom wrote:
I don't want to be too French here but the main element is whether or not you have a hot girlfriend/wife/mistress.
I won't go into specifics.

Fixed Wink

Raven

Devilz Slave wrote:

@ raven
well, in the beginning you daon't have to buy the best set there is, same with the cymbals, but its expensive anyway...

can you recommened me a grum starting drum kit so i can price it up Smile
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

tomregev
Mapex Q is pretty decent for starting, not too expensive and sounds ok, especially if you spend a little extra on better drumheads (Remo are good). For cymbals sabian B8 are pretty good.

I suggest you consider if you're really going to get serious with it, the older you get the harder it is to pick up a new instrument and it's a shame spending all that money on something you'll get bored with after a couple of months. Also think if the place you live in is suitable, as the noise can go pretty far without good isolation and your neighbors will likely try to kill you after a while.

Edited by tomregev on 22-06-2009 23:17

spaceboy
Tom is a 1337 drummer?! Shock

tomregev
Used to be, these days I play the harmonica.

Devilz Slave

tomregev wrote:
Mapex Q is pretty decent for starting, not too expensive and sounds ok, especially if you spend a little extra on better drumheads (Remo are good). For cymbals sabian B8 are pretty good.

Mapex is a good idea (e.g. this one http://www.thomann.de/gb/mapex_m_birc...ard_bc.htm, but I would definetly not
use the Sabian B8 series, because in my ears the sound really crappy for their price, try the Meinl MCS (http://www.thomann.de/gb/meinl_mcs_be...set_06.htm) series.
Also think about buying a second-hand kit, most times you get sth nice for half the price....

tomregev wrote:I suggest you consider if you're really going to get serious with it, the older you get the harder it is to pick up a new instrument and it's a shame spending all that money on something you'll get bored with after a couple of months.

Therefore you don't buy the best/most expensive kit ever made, but of course you're right

tomregev wrote:Also think if the place you live in is suitable, as the noise can go pretty far without good isolation and your neighbors will likely try to kill you after a while.

well, I live in a house here, and my kit is in the cellar, and my neighbours complained about me drumming after 5pm, but now i play before that, and they don't say anything, so its ok (but you may have really crappy neighbours as wellPfft)

edit2:
forget about cheap paiste cambals (everything under alpha series), you could play on lids and it would sound betterRoll

Edited by Devilz Slave on 23-06-2009 21:18

wolflordandy
Legally, you can make as much noise as you want between 7am and 11pm as far as I know... (In the UK)

Raven
So you have to buy the cymbal set seperate Shock

Ty for the info will look into i live on the cliffe in the middle of nowehre so noise isnt a problem hoever i will need to consider where to put it :x

sick-lizard

Raven wrote:
So you have to buy the cymbal set seperate Shock

Ty for the info will look into i live on the cliffe in the middle of nowehre so noise isnt a problem hoever i will need to consider where to put it :x

YouTube Video

piss you neighbours off less often & improve your skills Grin

Raven
WUT D: hows that a drum :x

Devilz Slave

Raven wrote:
WUT D: hows that a drum :x

its just a pad as you use for e-drums.
the best thing on e-drums is, that you can play over headphones and sbd else can watch tv next to you withput being disturbed Grin
but alls in all - nothing is better than acustic drums Roll

tomregev
If you're serious about improving you'll have to put hours upon hours into a practice pad, most teacher won't let you touch a set until a couple weeks of just that.

Devilz Slave
yep, but my teacher started with some basics on the snaredrum, and then we started with the kit.
at first i thought the beginning on the snare was useless, but now i know, that it was the best start i could get - so fix the basics, then difficult drum parts will be no problem Grin

Raven
so these pads u just buy them and stick them on a table or you need other equipment aswell? Innocent also any links ty these pads Smile

spaceboy
I thought this might be appropriate for this thread Grin

YouTube Video

Edit: booooo embedding disabled! Shock

Edited by spaceboy on 25-06-2009 17:14

Locke
Chipping in to say B8's are horrible.

Get yourselves some Paiste Sigs or Alvedis.

Also DW > all.

Edit also:

photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs115.snc1/4840_203180450275_881675275_7417111_5364222_n.jpg

photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs115.snc1/4840_203180455275_881675275_7417112_870251_n.jpg

Edited by Locke on 26-06-2009 13:30

img238.imageshack.us/img238/4091/lockesig1po8.jpg

Epic Quotes from Mr Lazor - "time for a penis break". and "is crit japanese for clit?".

spaceboy
Oh my god! So many drummers! .. and yet when you want to start a band there's nary a one to be found!

Locke
Posting my electro kit aswell, because i can:

photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs086.snc1/4597_182832395275_881675275_6923645_5341033_n.jpg
img238.imageshack.us/img238/4091/lockesig1po8.jpg

Epic Quotes from Mr Lazor - "time for a penis break". and "is crit japanese for clit?".

Slim The Chameleon
Well let's start a band, 5 drummers and i'll play triangle.

Jump to Forum