cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Sniper/Spy update complete notes.
Tinger
Yep head shotted a spy thought no way is he walking away from that! Whats that strange bit of smoke had he started to cloak? Next thing knife in back Sad

Humi
i'm really a bad spy but it is so much fun just to disguise as one of your own team and than let the enemy kill you, and then u rape him Pfft

spaceboy
I find it soooo hard to play with that thing (the dead ringer).. I can see how potentially it could be really powerful as it basically makes you invulnerable for one shot.. but I really feel like I'd have to relearn the class entirely around it to use it to any great effect.

The Cloak & Dagger on the other hand... man, that is QUITE the fun little toy Grin

matswatz
New update:

Team Fortress 2

The Ambassador now does full critical hits on headshots, instead of mini crits

The Dead Ringer now fully drains the cloak meter, even if the Spy leaves cloak early

Fixed Spy disguise menu not being visible in HUD minimal mode

Server log improvements:

Added "player_extinguish" event for servers to log when a Pyro extinguishes flame with the airburst

Fixed kill descriptions for Force-A-Nature & Sandman, so server logs can distinguish them

Identified feign deaths in the events sent to server logs

Fixed server crash related to the Jarate

Edited by matswatz on 27-05-2009 01:07

nothing but dust down here

NaughtyMe
3 headshots and the HEavy is dead...greaaat
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

tomregev

Team Fortress 2

The Dead Ringer now fully drains the cloak meter, even if the Spy leaves cloak early

There goes any functionality it ever had.

spaceboy
Yeah.. I can't see that the dead ringer needed nerfing.. I mean I couldn't get any use out of it anyway Frown .. maybe a 2 second cool down to stop constant spamming by people.

OMG I'm so excited by the Ambassador! Now it's the gun I've always dreamed of!!! Might even be enough to make spy a regular in some competitive teams (assuming people have good enough aim... which I probably don't..but still!). Now I just need to find the fecking thing somewhere! RNG please smile upon me tonight!!!

vadoom
The ambassador is amazing, i'm going to play spy as a sniper for a while, it's so much fun.

Leif
I don't have it yet D:

tomregev
I have a spare one, the moment trading comes out you two fight to the death over it.

Rofl teh cake
A 3rd challenger appears.
<---

vadoom
I have 2 or 3 spare ones, i'll be happy to give them if the trade system is introduced soon.

spaceboy
Yeah.. also I think Captain has like 5 spares or something Frown

I now have a Razorback (which I'll probably never use as Jarate is so much fun.. and I don't play sniper much anyway)... leaving me with one unlock left to get.. and inevitably it's the one I really want! DAMN YOU FATE!!!

vadoom
Poor Spaceboy, this morning i stayed on top of the stairs on the middle point of freight finishing weak targets with the Ambassador and C&D, a lot of fun even if you don't get a lot of kills.

fefe
spaceboy I have the new spy equip like 2 or 3x so you can get whatever you want Smile

Leif
Acegikmo has already promised me one Ambassador Grin

fefe
leif ?! yesterday was so aWESOME on hodoo Grin I lol'd so much

spaceboy
Yay! Thanks Fe!!! ... although hopefully by the time valve gets round to implementing the trade system I'll have got it randomly anyway Smile

Leif
I still hate you a little for that fe Frown

fefe
it was so amazing also on badwater with cold Grin

Jump to Forum