cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
PYRO UPDATE THURSDAY
Say
aaiiiiiii bring on the gimp suits!

Tinger
I wonder if a rocket can be bounced back more than once ?
Two pyros could have a game of killer pong on there hands Pfft

Ramini
I don't know about air jumping, I think it may be ok. Pyros get given a way of getting up close and personal but unlike the solder or demoman they can't rocketjump and rain down destruction in midair no matter where they land.

I'm hoping the compressed air is something like - 2 seconds cooldown before and after flamethrower use to clear the pipes of fuel or a longer cooldown after to reignite the pilot light. The move itself has a "cloak" style recharge system. Stopping continued use but meaning you can use it for decent times in certain situations.

I don't know if I'm going to play the pyro more now but the fact that Valve have given players a knockback style move gives me hope for what I'm praying the scout unlock is - a homerun bat, less damage but sends people flying. Imagine causing mayhem / juggling someone with one of those.

NaughtyMe
If there is no cool down from the blower - they have pretty much reduced the demoman's sentry clearing abilities to zero - you'll never get enough stickies near the sentries.

As a demo I already have to deal with problems of up in your face classes (and those that appear from behind), including the pyro - but now, I'll pretty much fucked even if I see him coming from a mile away...no sticky trap, do well aimed projectile ---pfff pffff pffff roarrrrrrrrrrrrr - aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

So more power to the pyro, I will enjoy playing with him and against him as most classes..I just think they may have indirectly nerffed the demo even further.

But....this is all speculation until we see the final details.
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

NaughtyMe
On a further note - I wonder how long a pyro will be able to stand in the doorways of Dustbowl 1 puffing everyone away...

....new plan - Pyros+medics....uber+puffffing...when that runs out, next medic takes over....rinse and repeat?
click->

Sammage
So I checked my file and I have a little over 1 million damage as a pyro. I wonder if that'll do for the achievement, which needs 1 million BURN damage, or if I'll just have a little bit to go, or have to start all over again because it doesn't record that info.

Raven
Aye im glad they have tweaked pyro into a more offensive class Smile
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

agrippa
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/...9&site=pcg

sick-lizard
nice find agrippa.. I'm actually get a little excited now lol.. a good job not seeing my gf this weekend Smile

Megalomania
Finally the pyro will be worth playing! But I'm going away on Thursday so I won't be able to enjoy the new update for a whole week :/

Armacoast

the Pyro only needs 15, 20 and 25 respectively for his new toys

That is clever from Valve that you don't need all achievments to unlock the weapons! It's much easier to get them.

The only thing i don't like is that the pyro can reflect rockets and stickies. This ability is for my taste a little overpowered. Put him on a CP while everyone try's to capture it! He pushes all away, payers, rockets... etc. Maybe he can reflect the rockets of a sentry as well! Then he can run infront of a sentry use the airball thing to get behind the sentry and switch to the flamethrower!

Many new tactics. Will be hard to play aiganst him with the new updates.
i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb118/Armacoast/9b3200whoa.gif

Ramini
Thats a point, pyro steps out in front of sentry gun, reflects rockets back and kills the engy. I don't think it'll let the pyro get closer though. A pyro is pretty much as screwed vs a level 2 as a level 3 from a distance, hes nippy enough to dodge rockets. At pointblank you're not going to be able to reflect a rocket well and the time it takes will let the miniguns kill you more.

The burn damage thing.. I hardly ever use the flamethrower when I play pyro. I use it to ignite people and kill standing still people but then I usually swap to the shotty or axe which are more reliable damage sources.

Pyros defending doorways in shifts could be interesting though... I can see a pyro being a permenant placement at gravelpit C also.

Cpt Obvious
only one that interests me is the flaregun so i propably dont need to achievement box at all! <3

TinyT
Go go airball RJ'ing soldiers and demos off the Gravel pit C point!

That's something I'm gonna have loads of fun with for sure. Mebbe über and puff people into the cavern of death in hydro :]
We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world

vadoom
"the Pyro only needs 15, 20 and 25 respectively for his new toys": that's very good news. Most us of us will have the 3 weapons unlocked by the end of the week end.

Edited by vadoom on 19-06-2008 00:50

NaughtyMe

Vadoom wrote:
"the Pyro only needs 15, 20 and 25 respectively for his new toys": that's very good news. Most us of us will have the 3 weapons unlucked by the end of the week end.

pff - I fly out Sunday morning - piss
click->

Izzard
This is awesome news. As Agrippa mentioned, I like Pyro - it's always been my favorite and most played class.

Maybe now I'll be allowed to play it in clan matches!
What if the Hokey Cokey really is what it's all about?

NaughtyMe

Izzard wrote:
This is awesome news. As Agrippa mentioned, I like Pyro - it's always been my favorite and most played class.

Maybe now I'll be allowed to play it in clan matches!

No, you must continue to play as spectator...

Smile
click->

TEX
Shockloooool

agrippa
apparently the number of achivements needed fo reach unlock has been lowered to 10, 15 and 20 (from 15, 20 and 25 i think).

Jump to Forum