cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Frag videos ahoy!
tomregev
On pubs, but it's great in matches. Everyone has to protect you, you get the excitement of dodging a whole team worth of rockets, grenades and pallets, you get dibs on all medkits. Not to mention you can rage at anyone you want!

Edited by tomregev on 04-06-2009 00:31

Rofl teh cake
and most of the time you can calll the shots, because you have the healing device, you make the rules :3

Cpt Obvious
I like it on pubs too, at least on CI when im surrounded by average to good players who know to care for their medics.

alecom
I hate it when people feel it necessary to do slow motion / REPEAT it in slow motion Sad
but still, was an alright video (:

yay medics!!

fefe
sandvich in mee going to bet your ass Grin

gori11a
Whats with all the deathmetal shit music people use for frag vidsSad

agrippa

Gori11a wrote:

I know there really is some bad music thats used in soem frag videos. I get that the music needs to be quick to suit the gamplay, but its really really annyoing.

Spaceboys video -> orginal music.. good man. I seem to remmebr Kurj's video being a dance track that was also good (not like a mad dance track tho, it was quite mellow)

wolflordandy
Kurj and Spaceboy are examples of good musical choice for videos. That medic one was painful. And the medicing wasnt anything super special imo. Not compared to the awesome stuff you see in some other class videos.

sick-lizard
http://www.wegame.com/watch/Origo_Sco..._by_Choun/

spaceboy
Grin Pretty sexy stuff! Grin

tomregev

Gori11a wrote:

At least it's not goddamn Prodigy or Pendulum like 90% of other frag videos.

EDIT: Why was the sniper in this vid holding jarate?

Edited by tomregev on 05-06-2009 00:45

spaceboy
Those must have been pugs and/or practice matches, hence no unlock restrictions if agreed Smile

wolflordandy
Funky vid, nice music and good editing Smile

But more the fact, of why would a sniper have jarate out and walk up behind a garage door in clear view of the world, thats jsut silly. (Some of the other teams in that vid were pretty bad, though the guy playing was rather good)

spaceboy
Yeah, like I said above it'll have been pugs mostly (as it looked like it was all mixed teams). There were some top quality players in there, as I saw some lvl and coL tags, but not everyone's gonna be up to that standard in those thingies Smile

Oh yeah, and on the music in frag video front; first of all thanks for the kind words! Beyond that; for me it just makes sense to choose something that won't immediately alienate a large proportion of the people who might view the thing. Obviously I chose music I like (or love in the case of Streetlight), but within the subset of music you like, even if you like only hardcore or what have you, it just makes sense to pick something that gives people a chance not to hate the thing from the offset Grin Also, though I like a lot of emo/punk, I felt I'd try to choose something a little bit different as there's many videos that have trodden that path... furthermore getting something that's fitting both thematically and in terms of tempo with the action (in my case spy playing being a little slower and more cerebral than say a solly video) was something I also felt I should take consideration Grin

Edited by spaceboy on 05-06-2009 02:12

Leif
Cool editing Grin

gori11a

tomregev wrote:

Gori11a wrote:

At least it's not goddamn Prodigy or Pendulum like 90% of other frag videos.

EDIT: Why was the sniper in this vid holding jarate?

True, but i like the prodigy, can be over used though.
The tunes from the Pyro vid were good easy dance trax.

Creekdk
I've just been cruising some of the posted frag videos, in my post-LeMans insomniac state. A lot of the frags are just crazy.

Which reminded of this Wegame cap I uploaded a while ago. Unfortunately I couldn't grab any sound, I think the wegame client didn't support Vista x64 at the time. Don't know if they fixed that.

Anyway, if you can live with the missing sound, you'll see me make a series of my signature kamikaze-saw counter-attack raids. Keep in mind though, that I was kind of a newbie at the time, so a couple of teammates bites the dust. It was on an instaspawn, fast movespeed ffa server though, so I think they got over it. Smile

http://www.wegame...ameplay_1/

alecom
wtf!!! there was a TON of healthpacks O_O

spaceboy
This may well be the most awesomest tf2 video ever produced Grin

YouTube Video

I really hope they do some more as the commentator is an absolute genius Grin

Cpt Obvious
GIGN server, i sometimes play there, usually full of absolutely terrible players.
Propably because it is a hacked server and illegal steam accounts can play there.

Jump to Forum