cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Clueless Update tf2
tomregev
During a fast paced game I don't even notice the damn thing, unless I'm playing sniper. Just too busy dodging spam and aiming.

wolflordandy
I don't heal people based on halos, I heal them based on how much they are going to kill for me. Randomer who has ran in and died many times without hitting anything, slightly further down the list then say... No_Brain Smile

But I do try and be nice, put people out that are on fire or neardead.

(Consiquently I should have a halo as didnt try the idling at all - possibly more due to lazyness of not doing it then actual moral objections, but if i'm not on my computer I don't have it on)

agrippa
I heal anyone but the second i get a Krtis ready my healing target becomes pants-on-head retarded and stops being able to shoot straight..

www.splitreason.com/Product_Images/c05a6fde1d48.jpg

Ill not name names, as the worst offenders know who they are.

EDIT:: I admit im no better, my weapons lights up and i panic and end up shooting the wall next to me with a crit rocket.

"to some people that might have looked like a stupid thing to do but grippa knew that wall was up to something" were the words my medic used to defend me from the mockign laughter of the rest of my team who had watched me do it Sad

Edited by agrippa on 04-09-2009 02:06

tomregev
Cry

Rofl teh cake
After watching the Simpsons yesterday, this episode came up. I lol'd heartily. Idk, it just fits to the situation right now.

www.unbsj.ca/arts/english/jones/media/mt/hatstacy.gif

BUT...BUT....NEW HAT!!

Edited by Rofl teh cake on 04-09-2009 13:25

Hunt0r

agrippa wrote:
I heal anyone but the second i get a Krtis ready my healing target becomes pants-on-head retarded and stops being able to shoot straight..

EDIT:: I admit im no better, my weapons lights up and i panic and end up shooting the wall next to me with a crit rocket.

"to some people that might have looked like a stupid thing to do but grippa knew that wall was up to something" were the words my medic used to defend me from the mockign laughter of the rest of my team who had watched me do it Sad

that will be me then!

sick-lizard
img198.imageshack.us/img198/4349/idleserveriroic.png

Solo

Come on sick, try a bit harder Pfft

Undead2k

agrippa wrote:

Meh, I wouldn't worry about it. To be honest the medics should tell you if they are going to uber you or krtis you. Or you should tell the medics when to use it. Though thinking about it, its funnier to see teammates panic after surprise uber/krtis instead Grin
sc2sig.com/s/eu/224555-1.png
bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/clean8/pc/Undead2k.png

Raven
Update now we can drop sandviches Grin

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Engine

If the installation is an HLTV relay we allow clients to connect as HLTV clients even if tv_enable is set to false. A recent exploit fix made it such that we ignore the flag indicating that the client is an HLTV client if tv_enable is false, but it is possible that relays won't have this ConVar set

Additions / Changes

Backpack improvement

Added support for 100 slots in the backpack

Backpack can now be sorted by type

Multi-selection in the backpack is now done by holding down the Ctrl key

Alt-fire on the Sandvich now drops sandviches

A single sandvich can be dropped at a time. Dropping the sandvich removes it from the Heavy

A Heavy can regain his sandvich by collecting a healthkit while already being at full health

Eating a sandvich using the taunt method now heals a Heavy to full health

Dropped sandviches heal 50% of the collector's health

Medic regen changes

Base regen amount increased from 1/sec to 3/sec

Regen amount increase since time of last damage decreased from 3x to 2x

End result of above: Old healing scaled from 1/sec to 3/sec based on time since being damaged (maxed out at 10 seconds). New healing scales from 3/sec to 6/sec

Blutsauger

Replaced "No critical hits" negative attribute with "-2 health drained per second on wearer"

Health drain stacks on top of the above Medic regen changes, lowering the base regen by 2h/sec

Added "mp_windifference" server ConVar (default to 0)

When set to X, matches will be considered won if a team gets X points ahead of the other team

Added a "Remember the active weapon between lives" option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options dialog

Added "Disable weather effects" option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options dialog

Added "Show non-standard items on spectated player" option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options dialog

If set (default), it'll show non-standard items being carried by the player you're spectating

Tournament mode changes

New item whitelist allowing tournaments to control what items can be used by players

Added "item_whitelist_example.txt"

Added "item_show_whitelistable_definitions" command to get a list of whitelistable items

Added Tournament mode Spectator HUD

Added "Use advanced spectator HUD in tournament mode" option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options dialog

Shows all the members of your team (or both if you're a spectator) at the top of the screen, along with class/health/respawn time/charge level

Spectator indices are now shown on the team members, and hitting the corresponding weapon selection key (slot1-slot12 commands) will spectate them

Changed idle player check to include spectators & players who haven't chosen a team

Bug Fixes

Fixed explosive radius detection using an axially aligned box instead of a sphere

Compensated by increasing the radius of grenades, pipes, and rockets to 50% of what they lost at the corners of the OBB

Grenades/Pipes radius change: 132->159

Rocket radius change: 121->146

End result of above: Explosives have had their radius reduced at some angles, and increased at others. Radius is now consistent, angles are now irrelevant

Fixed Sniper using the reference pose if he has the Huntsman deployed when his team loses

Fixed Spies speaking their response rules lines after killing a player as the class they were disguised as

Fixed Medics getting MedicCallerPanels in their HUD for cloaked enemy Spies disguised as their team

Fixed the Huntsman not firing crit arrows when the Sniper is being CritBoosted

Fixed being able to fire the Huntsman under water if you jump into the water with the arrow charged

Added check to prevent clients using the "firstperson" command to get out of thirdperson view while they're phasing, taunting or control stunned

Fixed Halo glow effect not being hidden for cloak/disguised enemy Spies

Fixed wearables not destroying their attached particles when they're removed

Fixed several player & viewmodel simulation issues that occurred when the game was paused

Fixed a DX8-based exploit that allowed modified particle effects to work under sv_pure 2

Community Requests

Added the entindex() of the object being built to the "player_builtobject" game event

Added flag to allow CTF map authors to turn off the Overtime mode when timers expire

Added IgnitePlayer input to TFPlayer
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

alecom
Added IgnitePlayer input to TFPlayer

fuck yeaaaaaaaah

matswatz
The sandvich-on-a-plate is kewt Devil

on other notice lick here (not the intention to drag the halo discussion back here)

Edited by matswatz on 16-09-2009 00:10

nothing but dust down here

tomregev

Backpack can now be sorted by type

Great, now I won't lose track of all my hats.

Replaced "No critical hits" negative attribute with "-2 health drained per second on wearer"

After some testing the regan rate is the same for both guns, so it's actually a blut buff since it's now crits.

Added "Disable weather effects" option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options dialog

Awesome.

Shows all the members of your team (or both if you're a spectator) at the top of the screen, along with class/health/respawn time/charge level

Sounds great, Hope it doesn't take too much screen space though, if so then I guess I'll wait for m0re to play around with it.

Edited by tomregev on 16-09-2009 01:12

Cpt Obvious

Hooray.

Mike

Fixed a DX8-based exploit that allowed modified particle effects to work under sv_pure 2

Fuck.

And I got a nice fps boost because of those reduced particles.

spaceboy
The new explosion radii are hilarious XD If they haven't shrunk back to their pre-update size by the end of the week I'll be amazed Smile

Edit: incidentally there was another tiny update released last night after the main one which apparently fixed a bunch of the bugs with the first one. So we'll need to check the medic regen rates again to see if they're now working as intended.

Edited by spaceboy on 16-09-2009 09:45

tomregev
Yeah there's now a noticeable difference between regan rates.

spaceboy
Weeee! In that case we switch from the blut being the obvious choice to the syringe gun being the obvious choice! Exciting times XD

tomregev
I'd stick with the blut, being able to fend off scouts and leech health while retreating is more usefull for me than slightly faster regen.

spaceboy
Assuming you're on your own? But the VAST majority of the time you're with someone you're healing who should be taking care of the enemy for you.. at which points the blut ain't helping much and the increased regen rate could easily keep you alive. I'll admit it's a closer call than before, but I think any paassive ability, however trivial, is preferable for a class like medic that will be spending the majority of the time without his gun out.

Jump to Forum