cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Magicka
tomregev
I really like the game, but it seems to have a lot of missed potential. There are so many combos but anything that isn't a laser sucks since the range is too short, earth combos need too much charge time to travel any significant distance and deal noticeable damage. Also getting stunlocked in single player is really annoying since there's nothing you can do except spam self heal and pray they kill each other and allow you to break free.

Still multiplayer is a blast and we should try to get some games going since a lot of people seem to have this game.

Also
YouTube Video

Edited by tomregev on 28-01-2011 02:01

Raven
[quote]tomregev wrote:
Also getting stunlocked in single player is really annoying since there's nothing you can do except spam self heal and pray they kill each other and allow you to break free.[quote]

This i got knocked to the floor the enemy had an ice sword got frozen about to thaw out then hits me again and resets had to quit the game out of rage and no other option

But yeha multiplayer is good havent tried it yet since they added the new patch Grin

The spell ive been using is steam+steam+lightning+lightning+ arcane very powerful Grin
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Mr G
yep got it as well

The lazer beam of death steam+lightning+arcane is awesome also rock+water then rock+ice = very slow wet objects for your LBOD or if you are moving from a blob mob then self AOE water and ice.

Also shield+selfcast and heals will boost the shield strength as it weakens + rebound any laser beams Grin

On stun locking if you shield yourself, you wont need to spam heals as much and can do a rock+fire selfcast AOE for knock down and stun. Quick freeze and knock them down again. Can shatter them if they are armoured.

Edited by Mr G on 28-01-2011 12:00

tomregev
I learned today that self shield was the main reason I got stunlocked, when self shielded any attack will knock you down so while you take no damage you can't do anything.

I've reached Khan and he's the biggest asshole in the game, took me ages to beat him.

matswatz
Single player is a bitch.
nothing but dust down here

Masson

tomregev wrote:
I've reached Khan and he's the biggest asshole in the game, took me ages to beat him.

Wait til you fight Grimnir - thunderbolts instakill.

tomregev
That doesn't sound too bad, you can just self lightning shield, there's no shield that blocks a giant asshole from ramming you into a corner and repeatedly bash your head while you're helpless.

Leif
Buggiest game I've ever bought, got a bluescreen because of it today.
Still fun though Grin

Edited by Leif on 29-01-2011 23:21

matswatz
I love my ents. Beat Khan in 5 sec with my pet tree as tank.

Here's a little clip from some other fight:
http://dl.dropbox...20army.avi

Protip for Grimnir:
[spoiler2]Nullify[/spoiler2]

Edited by matswatz on 30-01-2011 05:07

Mr G
sweet plant life Grin

Radoo
I played the demo a bit. It's a very good game, too bad my mouse (Logitech G500) doesn't want to middle click without brute force. Last time I'm buying expensive mouses from Logitech.

Raven
A community made wikipedia site dedicated to magicka has been made, its got some useful info although it still needs to be finished

http://www.magickapedia.net/index.php...=Main_Page
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

tomregev
All my saves got deleted. Grin

Mr G
http://forums.ste...?t=1735226

official paradox saves

matswatz
My saves got deleted twice, so now I'm backing them up after everytime I play. ( \steamapps\common\magicka\SaveData )

Cpt Obvious
cant connect to friends game and he cant connect to mine.
It seems hamachi is required for this.

edit: we could do one game, it crashed when falling to the hole, then we could not see each others games.

Edited by Cpt Obvious on 02-02-2011 15:19

tomregev
Finished the game, was a pretty good ride. I'm now doing new game+ where I'm restricting myself to not use any murderbeams and it's a lot more interesting. Summoning an army of elementals or sheilding myself and casting both thunder storm and meteor storm is a lot more satisfying.

Oh and fuck yetis.

matswatz

tomregev wrote:
fuck yetis.

Exxy

Cpt Obvious wrote:
cant connect to friends game and he cant connect to mine.
It seems hamachi is required for this.

edit: we could do one game, it crashed when falling to the hole, then we could not see each others games.

Try changing the port to a open one that is used by other public software.

My recommendation would be in the range of 6995-7000. When me and Tom played I used 6998, and whenever I've hosted a game, that is the port I've used.
cleveridiot.com/images/exxysigsmaller.jpg

alecom
I thought that they disabled the port specification because it was redundant i.e. it will always use the same port regardless?

Jump to Forum