Print Thread
TF2 Mann-Conomy Update
Cpt Obvious
Backburner + reclaimed = Degreaser
Direct hit + reclaimed = Black box
Jarate + reclaimed = Milk
Sandman + reclaimed = Fish
Huntsman + reclaimed = Piss gun
same formula for others, just go guessing, you wont lose materials if it fails anyway.

Tinger

Radoo wrote:
... yeah I know... damn Reclaimed Metal... I made a Refined Metal and I can't disassemble it .. Sad

You can now Wink

tomregev
Got hold of the new solly horn, the damage reduction is pretty sweet, but it's really hard to build. Your own rockets don't count so you have to either take fall damage or have a constant medic beam on you while you walk in front of the enemy.

Cpt Obvious
From what ive heard and seen, its pretty op, you only need to take 200 dmg so just little healing and you can build it up.

edit: Also the scouts new "pistol" is op as fuck.

Edited by Cpt Obvious on 02-10-2010 04:02

Masson
i go away for uni and it all goes to shit

Exxy

Masson wrote:
i go away for uni and it all goes to shit

This is why you can't do nice things.
cleveridiot.com/images/exxysigsmaller.jpg

krakyn

Spaceboy wrote:
Oooow the GRU got added?! Awesome, took Valve long enough Grin I'm sure ETF2L will allow them.. as people have been asking for them for ages, but they may have to wait a while so everyone has a chance to get them. Are they easily craftable?

Weapons which aren't unlockable through achievements have always been banned, if they change that for GRU they would have a shitstorm as everyone who likes other weapons demanded their inclusion. Given the nature of these unlocks I can see the higher end of etf2l pushing for them all to be banned and for vanilla on top of that even harder. Still, use them a load in pcws and tell whiners to go sodomise a goat, you'll be able to use them and have fun most of the time and maybe convince enough people that they should all be included that the admins wont be able to ignore the ground swell of opinion.

Raven
This post is a rage post

Hating this update, not only are some weapons OP but its people fucking trading while you are getting hammered on the battlefield, "i know lets trade while our cart gets pushed to the caps"

Also 4 snipers, 2 spys and 2 scouts on defence go team retard Angry
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Leif
Had a good time with the new flamethrower last time we mixed Pfft

Masson
i just crafted the crocodile sniper hat. any takers?

tomregev
It's part of the op sniper set, you can probably get a lot for it.

Exxy

Masson wrote:

What is the exact recipe for it. Reclaimed metal and what?

tomregev
It's a hat, it's either 4 refined+token+luck or 3 refined+more luck

spaceboy

Krakyn wrote:

Spaceboy wrote:
Oooow the GRU got added?! Awesome, took Valve long enough Grin I'm sure ETF2L will allow them.. as people have been asking for them for ages, but they may have to wait a while so everyone has a chance to get them. Are they easily craftable?

Weapons which aren't unlockable through achievements have always been banned, if they change that for GRU they would have a shitstorm as everyone who likes other weapons demanded their inclusion. Given the nature of these unlocks I can see the higher end of etf2l pushing for them all to be banned and for vanilla on top of that even harder. Still, use them a load in pcws and tell whiners to go sodomise a goat, you'll be able to use them and have fun most of the time and maybe convince enough people that they should all be included that the admins wont be able to ignore the ground swell of opinion.

Yeah, I think the whole "banned as not directly unlockable" argument is becoming less and less tenable now that crafting/trading are available routes to ownership of new items. The time it takes for people to get things (at least on a team by team basis) has been exponentially reduced. I mean as Tom mentioned earlier, you only need one of your squad of players to either craft/randomly roll/even buy an item and they can then just trade it to whoever needs it in the team on a game by game basis Grin

That all said however it's going to be an insane clusterfuck trying to figure out what weapons should be allowed in comp and getting some kinda consensus could prove impossible.. I really think the main reason anyone's tempted by the vanillla+medlocks idea is just because it's simple and you don't have to think about the daunting prospect of filtering through the millions of unlocks on an ad hoc basis.

I'm sure we'll try them all in friendlies when available though, I mean we never gave up on my beautiful DH even though it was banned in AFS Grin
Behold the wondrous return of Sheriff Pony!

Masson

Exxy wrote:

Masson wrote:

What is the exact recipe for it. Reclaimed metal and what?

just 3 refined metal + luck as tom said

traded it for a 'vintage' tyrants helm (VIKINGS!!!)

what exactly does the vintage tag mean?
is it just some pre-mann-conomy update term ala the playdate badges?

tomregev
Yeah all pre update stuff is vintage, and some people think it makes them more valuable when it comes to trading. The only item this really applies to is the vintage vintage tyrolean.

EDIT: I have 3 crates, on one hand I really want the sombrero, on the other with my luck I'll get the shittiest item on the list.

Edited by tomregev on 02-10-2010 17:25

tomregev
"Five Steam community members participated in the initial round of content creation. Rob Laro, Shawn Spetch, Steven Skidmore, Spencer Kern, and Shaylyn Hamm created items for Team Fortress 2 which were then made available to other community members for purchase from the in-game Mann Co. Store. Today they received checks for the first two weeks of sales, with royalties ranging from $39,000 to $47,000 per person."

Goddamn.

Fuck university I need to learn how to make hats.

wolflordandy
From a league point of view, it would almost make sence to have 2 leagues. An "anything goes" where all unlocks no matter how new are allowed, and a vanilla (or just items you can get from achievements) league.

I've yet to get any of the new stuff, and like hell am I wasting any money. Just don't play enough to pick up items to refine, etc Sad

Exxy

wolflordandy wrote:
From a league point of view, it would almost make sence to have 2 leagues. An "anything goes" where all unlocks no matter how new are allowed, and a vanilla (or just items you can get from achievements) league.

So ETF2L and ESL pretty much.

ESL is going straight up Vanilla + Medic unlocks, While as ETF2L has SOME unlocks going, but will most likely get a proper look at everything before the season is over / after the season.

Edited by Exxy on 22-10-2010 12:21

Cpt Obvious
Stuff like Gru and Degreaser could make heavies and pyros a lot more usable in comp games.

Jump to Forum