cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
TF2 beta
spaceboy
Shacknews article on it: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x...le.x/59820

It doesn't say anything new really...other than I guess making it totally official that this is happening if that was in any doubt.

Rofl teh cake
YouTube Video

tomregev
Throwing sandviches for teammates is by far the most interesting thing there, it would make the heavy an amazing medic buddy in comp play. Though it seems you can't just spam them, so it probably has a charge time like jarate and the ball.

spaceboy
Yeah.. a sandvich throwing heavy that can run at pyro speed and self damage to build uber is almost a purpose built pocket. They'll see sooo much more use in matches if they bring this stuff in.

Undead2k
Didn't get to read the new medic beta weapons but the engi and heavy stuff looks interesting :3
sc2sig.com/s/eu/224555-1.png
bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/clean8/pc/Undead2k.png

tomregev
Basically some needle gun variations, one of them including self damage which is just stupid for a medic. One interesting thing is a new healing gun that gives permanent overheal (until it's shot off) but heals 50% slower. Personally I don't think it's worth it.

spaceboy
Yeah, they have inadvisably been trying nerfs to the blutsauger and ubersaw in order to make it fall in line with the syringe gun and bonesaw. The beta testers have been uniformly critical of this however so eventually it's likely they'll buff the syringe gun and bonesaw as is clearly needed if they're going to be reasonable options.

I'm surprised they're still tinkering with the overhealer idea (which was one of their original ideas before the medic update). Personally I think it has a big chance to be both overpowered AND encourage a fairly dull playstyle. I mean.. especially in pub play.. having a whole team of 12 people ALL permanently overhealed as they leave spawn, just think.. if one team does that then, all things being equal, they will pretty much definitely win unless the other team does it too. In 6v6 however (where you're only allowed one medic) it might be an interesting choice.. guess we'll see how that ends up.

alecom
what spaceboy said

Edited by alecom on 14-09-2009 00:15

tomregev
Yeah it's a great option for pubs, but on comp most of the time you'll be injured than fully healed waiting for a buff, especially on mid fights. Though it could be very useful when pushing last if the uber charge rate is still the same.

Cpt Obvious
Love the "gloves of running urgently".

Jump to Forum