cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » idle chat
 Print Thread
Why "AgrippA"?
militant camel
I'd just bought a 360 and was looking for a new Live gamertag as my old one had been locked due to lack of use or something. We have some pretty aggressive seagulls here in Edinburgh and a friend of mine had described them as "militant". Militant Seagull was one character too long though for Live so I changed it to Militant Camel as they've always seemed grumpy. Then later I changed it to Mr. Camel for no real reason.

Leif
I was like 12 or something when I came up with that name, I had seen a lot of Robot Wars lately and was inspired by it. So I started Warcraft 3 and entered the name Sir Killalot, but it was of course taken. So then I changed to Leifalot becuase I thought that Leif was a funky name and it worked. The End.

Ramini
Oh my. Cake played Ragnarok? I may have been exposed to him earlier than I thought. The horror.

alecom

Gori11a wrote:
[cringe]CRIIIIIIIIIIIINGE[/cringe]

Shock

I went through a few, started with alecom (my name's alec, and i merged it with a com.. because that's what the cool kids do).
then sneakybastard added an 'm' to the beginning .. which I didn't completely mind, but it defeated the cool kids part of me. So I changed to
a Sentry Gun!
Because it was fun to confuse people: a Sentry Gun is sapping mah Sentry Gun! and so on with endless possibilities. Also, when I was playing heavy, i felt I was a portable sentry gun ;D

Lucky Number 13 - because the Lucky represents my luck, and Number 13 represents my misfortune. I have absolutely no skill, it's all completely lucky and unlucky situations. Though people still feel the need to say "not so lucky now! hahaha!" ):

Sammage

Ramini wrote:
Can Sammage get in here? That would be an essay, I wonder if he can remember them all Wink

My names come from my favorite book, The Areas Of My Expertise by John Hodgeman. He has a good 700 hobo names, plus an okay 100 extra! People on the internet have further fleshed them out with pictures and backstories, because people on the internet are frankly weird. This is my 2009 new year's resolution.

2010 may be even better http://www.areasofmyexpertise.com/200...man-names/ YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

spaceboy
Weeeee John Hodgeman!

agrippa
john hodgeman is a legend

aDamN
hurr durr hedgehodgeman

anyway, as you might have figured, im called adam. half a year ago, i was playing cs 1.6 and owning it up really hard one night, so my friend came up behind me and said a-DAMN.. hence mah name

other variations are mad-a or madam

@ cake, i think youre real

@ leif: somehow, everytime i read your name i think "lies alot"... i dunno

@ agrippa: its something about the GRIP in your name that makes me shiver
shiver
shiv
stab

Humi
well my name started as Homeboy long time ago, then as everyone called me homey it changed to that (and because of the Homoboy jokes). I'm a huge fan of the Simpsons and Homer is my favorite character because I can be exactly as clumsy as he is so I changed it to homer (very original) and finally just added uber to be different than the million other homers out there Grin

Hungover Engie
I just realized my old nick (WeirdVic) was pretty lame so I changed it to Hungover (because I get the worst hangovers) and Engie (because wrenching heavies gives me the best rushes and I don't suck so much when playing Engineer).

I didn't do anything cool with the name like some kids do.

Handlarn
ehm.. I took my first name "Handlarn" becase I like a person in a sketch that was a Shopkeeper (in swedish = Handlare, Handlarn).
But I never like it so when Cake called me "Handy" in a tf2 round, I simply took that name Pfft

Slim The Chameleon
Well it's a really long story with my name and not very interesting so heres the short version. Use to be called Red Fox(comes from Gray fox Metal gear solid) for like 10 years online.
But it wasn't orginal, i'd always go on servers and usally bump into another Red fox so made something up that noone else would have. Slim The Chameleon It sounds good to me and flows off the tongue rather well. Smile

Fens
Been playing games online for about 9 years or so now, first nick I chose was 'D-Fens' which is the name of the main character from the film Falling Down Smile People used to just call me 'Fens' or 'Fensy' for short on servers so it stuck.

Ramini
hehe, I know that is his numberplate because he works for the department of defense in that film fens, don't know if his real name is mentioned in it now, been a while. Great film though!

spaceboy
Ha ha ha, that's so appropriate for when you rage on the server Fens Grin I hope no one leaves a sports bag full of machine guns near you when you play Shock

Fens
Ramini - The characters real name is 'Bill Foster', but 'D-Fens' is the name which is used to describe the character that he becomes when he snaps.

Haha as soon as I posted I thought 'I bet Spaceboy now posts something about me raging' Sad Jeez I may have a moan sometimes but nothing near the scale of a Naughtyme outburst or some others I could mention Pfft

spaceboy
Ha ha ha awwwwwwww I'm predictable :'( I can't take Naughty's raging seriously, it's too overblown to be credible, like a well loved comedy character Grin You on the other hand I sometimes fear will have a coronary Shock Not that I'm any different myself, push-to-talk draws a veil over my furious rageaholism! Grin

NaughtyMe

Fens wrote:
Ramini - The characters real name is 'Bill Foster', but 'D-Fens' is the name which is used to describe the character that he becomes when he snaps.

Haha as soon as I posted I thought 'I bet Spaceboy now posts something about me raging' Sad Jeez I may have a moan sometimes but nothing near the scale of a Naughtyme outburst or some others I could mention Pfft

Ohhh low blow, low blow sir. I think I called you a bastard last night - but you were...that fucking sentry in our last point of Steel was fucking ridiculous...and our team just looked at it and then committed some form of hari kari ritual of jumping into it's view.

There are times when I find the server over-populated by people that seem to never have picked up a mouse in their lives, let alone play an online game. It's a wonder the idiots managed to launch the game in the first place. You see to their faces I am polite, but inside I am wanting to shout

"fucking shoot the cunt, shoot them, NOT ME, I am not a spy, you see that fucking ! above my head, that means I am on YOUR side, because this is my voice!! No that Soldier is not a Spy either, he's firing rockets...shoot that dodgy loking fucker that's the opposite colour to us who thinks he's still disguised - but is in fact a worse spy than me! Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!"

What you get instead is a simple "wanker"....you see! Now give us a cuddle, because I have now expunged my rage from last night...
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

Fens

NaughtyMe wrote:
There are times when I find the server over-populated by people that seem to never have picked up a mouse in their lives, let alone play an online game. It's a wonder the idiots managed to launch the game in the first place. You see to their faces I am polite, but inside I am wanting to shout

"fucking shoot the cunt, shoot them, NOT ME, I am not a spy, you see that fucking ! above my head, that means I am on YOUR side, because this is my voice!! No that Soldier is not a Spy either, he's firing rockets...shoot that dodgy loking fucker that's the opposite colour to us who thinks he's still disguised - but is in fact a worse spy than me! Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!

A man after my own heart -I hear you and I feel your pain! Let us rage together against the stupidity of others brother!

Or at least in a couple of weeks anyways, off on holiday to the States tomorrow Smile

spaceboy

Fens wrote:

NaughtyMe wrote:

"fucking shoot the cunt, shoot them, NOT ME, I am not a spy, you see that fucking ! above my head, that means I am on YOUR side, because this is my voice!! No that Soldier is not a Spy either, he's firing rockets...shoot that dodgy loking fucker that's the opposite colour to us who thinks he's still disguised - but is in fact a worse spy than me! Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!

A man after my own heart -I hear you and I feel your pain! Let us rage together against the stupidity of others brother!

Yeah it's weird that isn't it... in previous games (such as CS) it would always be the opposition that was the target of my rage...whereas in TF2 it is almost exclusively the actions (or inaction) of my own team that make me crazy mad XD

Jump to Forum