cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
L4D 2 WTF
Cpt Obvious
Here's a full preview:
http://pc.ign.com...161p1.html

Also the "redneck tank" is actually called Charger and is a new Special Infected. Ability to knock back survivors.

ALSO daylight might not be that bad idea, apparently zombies act different and witches patrol around instead of sitting waiting to be crowned.

EDIT: Reading more good stuff. Cresendo events made less easy. For example press button to start event, then run across a big area to press another button or the zombies will never stop spawning.

Edited by Cpt Obvious on 01-06-2009 22:23

Leif
Man this is not Valve's style at all.

Humi
weird

Ramini
Reading some of the new features makes it sound good really. Theres no reason daylight shouldn't be used. Alot of zombie movies use it.

Of course the graphics look crap , its in development, detailed graphics are a last minute job compared to gameplay mechanics.

I would imagine this should end up as the equivalent to halflife episode 1 for left 4 dead. A nice addon to be bought for a fiver or to promote the full game. If it ends up as a £30 game then something is wrong.

If you're complaining about it not being completely free thats silly. These free content expansions are a new thing and still very rare. The only other companies that do it as far as I am aware are MMO companies who collect a monthly fee (and still churn out a normal expansion every year). I for one would be happy with L4D being left as it is and user created content emerging.

Finally.. no way is that the box art. A huge v sign?

NaughtyMe

Ramini wrote:
Reading some of the new features makes it sound good really. Theres no reason daylight shouldn't be used. Alot of zombie movies use it.

Of course the graphics look crap , its in development, detailed graphics are a last minute job compared to gameplay mechanics.

I would imagine this should end up as the equivalent to halflife episode 1 for left 4 dead. A nice addon to be bought for a fiver or to promote the full game. If it ends up as a £30 game then something is wrong.

If you're complaining about it not being completely free thats silly. These free content expansions are a new thing and still very rare. The only other companies that do it as far as I am aware are MMO companies who collect a monthly fee (and still churn out a normal expansion every year). I for one would be happy with L4D being left as it is and user created content emerging.

Finally.. no way is that the box art. A huge v sign?

What all that time in development of L4D to make sure that darkness was used correctly? Fully dark, coloured fog, using lights to guide you...now abandoned for L4D:Vice City. If they are announcing a realease date they would have most of the detailed graphics sorted by now.

I never complained about the price: but for FFS the "full" game only came out a couple of months ago with the 2 final campaigns being available for versus. It's too soon - and completely un-Valve like. L4D is still bugged - so will they continue - or just push for this "flash" new game. And please don't tell me that you like the new characters. What's with that one guy's sleeves!? And frying pans, this isn't Dead Rising?

The reason why people expect free content is not silly in any case, Valve have repeatedly given presentations explaining their strategy - and by fuck it works. Look at TF2 - you have new gamers nearly every free weekend buying the product.
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

Cpt Obvious
I like the new chars already. We got:
Dumb Redneck Kid
Token Black Girl
Tommy Vercetti
Uncle Phil

Perfect combo!

Edited by Cpt Obvious on 02-06-2009 00:58

Mr G
http://cdn1.libsyn.com/rps/20_The_RPS...9c9b785a68

podcast interview.

Acegikmo
Some of you are overreacting a bit.
Sure, it's a bit lame that we don't get a free update or even as an expansion for a lower proce than a full game. But it looks great and the improvements all sound good. The more I watch gameplay videos the more it starts to grow on me.
I think I'll buy it.

Edited by Acegikmo on 02-06-2009 03:41

Undead2k
I wonder how many of those features will actually make it to the finished release version. There was so many features which was announced but never seen in l4d :/

Example: there was ment to be a system in l4d which performed random events depending on how well your team was doing (not just sending you a horde).

There was a big presentation about it as well. They showed the NM sewers level with the gas station. They showed two teams take the area, the first one sucked and nothing eventful happened while team two was awsome and had the gas station blow up. The gas station was ment to be a random event. :X

I think i will wait untill its out before saying I will buy it or not. If it goes full retail then that will suck a little but if there is enough content i will still go for it. But whats scary is a couple of months down the line they might scrap this and go make l4d3 and then we will be here moaning about it all over again. Drunk meh

fefe
thats only A FAKE !!! ... maybe .... I hope sp ^,^

Mr Waffles
Wow I defiantely wasn't expecting a sequal to be announced when L4D has been out for 8 months. It's so unlike valve, I mean look at the time between TF1 and TF2, HL1 and HL2 etc. I love L4D a lot and I think it's the best multiplayer game ever (shock it's not TF2!!!!!) but this is idiotic. Well I guess the development of L4D 2 was the reason why Valve took so long to give us the official DT, DA versus maps, SDK, Matchmaker 2 and still bugfixes needed.

However, I will probably buy L4D 2 anyway becasue I still think it looks great. Though I'm not sure about the Zolanda name.

wolflordandy
Maybe its EA pushing them!!! Dun dun dun...

Though the limb removal abilities sound fun at least... Wink

tomregev

wolflordandy wrote:

Yeah they're gonna turn it into FIFA where every year they release a roster update.

Mike

wolflordandy wrote:

Though the limb removal abilities sound fun at least... Wink

That's already in L4D?

Ramini

wolflordandy wrote:

Do not speak of the devil.

I only cling to valve because the alternative "big" companies appear to be EA and blizzard. Not that I hate blizzard either, I just have no desire to be sucked back into world of warcraft.

Cpt Obvious
But but Diablo 3!

wolflordandy

Ramini wrote:

wolflordandy wrote:

Do not speak of the devil.

I only cling to valve because the alternative "big" companies appear to be EA and blizzard. Not that I hate blizzard either, I just have no desire to be sucked back into world of warcraft.

Don't forget its now Activision-Blizzard

Ramini
Pfft, like thats going to catch on, its blizzard and you know it.

Yes diablo 3 is something I will try when it comes out but until that distant day comes...

Rofl teh cake
Hahahaha, the best thing about the L4D2 cover art is that they are not allowed to show the bitten off thumb in Germany, they have to make a full hand and then hide the thumb behind the palm... its gonna look like a zombie making a peace sign lololololol.

fefe
ya Grin

Jump to Forum