The map looks awsome! I love how real the ice looks. :3

Will the ice be slippery by any chance?

Devilz Slave

Undead2k wrote:
Will the ice be slippery by any chance?

that would be really funny Grin

pls tell me when u test it (just tell it leif and he'll tell me or so) Grin

edit:
i ran across it, with soldier/scout, and it is awesome...
but why can't i get on that high ice-thing @ b ??? i think it would be great to get there...

Edited by Devilz Slave on 16-05-2009 12:24

spaceboy
Yeah I had a look round it last night too and it's really coming on brilliantly, I feel like you've cracked the concept for C and it'll just take tweaking of the exact layout to nail this thing down Grin

A couple of niggles I have at this point (without actually having played on the map properly); the first is that I agree with Devilz about the big ice spier.. it might be debalancing if you COULD get up there.. but it's always annoying to have a feature that it looks like you can get up when in fact you can't. That's one of the things I love most about repository (the absence of invisible walls). The second point is primarily aesthetic (and yes I'm well aware this is only alpha and what not so you've probably got an eye on this anyway Wink ) in that I think at C all the ice and wood doesn't sit together in a way that looks that organic at this point. I'm sure you'll find a way to reconcile this once the layout has been playtested and finalised though.

Overall it's an awesome step in the right direction and I can't wait to play it Grin

Acegikmo
Getting up onto that big ice pillar thing at B would be too much of an advantage for red, as it's really easy for them to hit blue players, whereas blue players will have trouble killing those who stand up there.

The transitions from wood/ice or from rock/ice are very abrupt. This is simply because it's an alpha. No point in making it detailed if it won't affect the gameplay. Smile

And it is possible to make the ice slippery. It works great singleplayer. But as soon as you try it onilne, you'll lag around on the ice.

Devilz Slave

Acegikmo wrote:
Getting up onto that big ice pillar thing at B would be too much of an advantage for red, as it's really easy for them to hit blue players, whereas blue players will have trouble killing those who stand up there.

then try to make it as a mountain - without a plane surface, that you don't try to get up there, would be really nice Grin

Acegikmo
Alpha 9 released Smile

spaceboy
OMG! The productivity continues! Grin

Acegikmo
Updated to Alpha 10!
I also updated the screenshots of A and C in the first post Smile

spaceboy
Yay! Grin There is more fun map snooping to be had!

Edit: Awwwww you took out the lakeside shack thingy added in the last version, did you take a dislike to it?

Edited by spaceboy on 20-05-2009 13:07

Raven
downloading right now looks really good Smile
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

alecom
yay icicles!

Masson
this is a cool map Wink

tomregev
I see what you did thereWink.

Acegikmo

Spaceboy wrote:
Awwwww you took out the lakeside shack thingy added in the last version, did you take a dislike to it?

It was useless.
Really, nobody used it and it didn't make much aesthetical sense Smile

tomregev
I wonder how many people will jump into the deadly ice water on B after being set on fire.

Edited by tomregev on 21-05-2009 01:33

alecom

tomregev wrote:
I wonder how many people will jump into the deadly ice water on B after being set on fire.

xD that'd be awesome

Raven
Had a run around and c is perfect and in incredible detail Smile
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

alecom
Changes from a11 to a12:

* Added water dripping from the melting snow at C

Rock

Jump to Forum