cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Ci L4D server banner.
Undead2k
Oh sorry.

I'm not sure how the L4D server is set-up but their should be a HTML file you have to edit when dealing with the server banner. Within that their should be a string saying "" in it which you need to add the style="margin:0px;padding:0px;" part. If you just have a host.txt then I believe you can get away with adding the HTML code into that, in which case you will need something that look like;

Clever Idiot Server

For more information (bottom area is more relevant to what I'm talking about); http://left4dead411.com/left-4-dead-s...erver-motd

Hope this helps :X
sc2sig.com/s/eu/224555-1.png
bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/clean8/pc/Undead2k.png

Mr Waffles

Undead2k wrote:
Oh sorry.

I'm not sure how the L4D server is set-up but their should be a HTML file you have to edit when dealing with the server banner. Within that their should be a string saying "" in it which you need to add the style="margin:0px;padding:0px;" part. If you just have a host.txt then I believe you can get away with adding the HTML code into that, in which case you will need something that look like;

Clever Idiot Server

For more information (bottom area is more relevant to what I'm talking about); http://left4dead411.com/left-4-dead-s...erver-motd

Hope this helps :X

I copy and pasted the above code in the servers host.txt file and changed the SERVER BANNER URL to the picture you posted and it still does not work. When I go on the Ci server I just see orange html code, like above, in the host picture box. So I went onto the information link and I copy and pasted the code into the server's host.txt file:

Left 4 Dead 411

Still the same problem: no picture and just shows orange html.

Edited by Mr Waffles on 12-09-2009 15:33

Mike

Mr Waffles wrote:

I copy and pasted the above code in the servers host.txt file and changed the SERVER BANNER URL to the picture you posted and it still does not work. When I go on the Ci server I just see orange html code, like above, in the host picture box. So I went onto the information link and I copy and pasted the code into the server's host.txt file:

Left 4 Dead 411

Still the same problem: no picture and just shows orange html.

You're supposed to make a .htm file out of the code and post a link to it in the host.txt.

Paste the HTML code in notepad and save it as whatever.htm. Then upload it to your website (if you have one) or somewhere and copy the url for it and paste that url into the host.txt file.

The only thing that should be in the host file is the URL.

Edited by Mike on 12-09-2009 15:42

Jump to Forum