Ci L4D Server
sick-lizard
give the connect button here a go Smile

http://saucebans.cleveridiot.com/inde...ervers&s=4

tomregev
Linux Mike, really?

Edited by tomregev on 23-04-2009 18:18

sick-lizard
I know.. but some ppl are meager with their resources, and other applications tend run better under linux, but source based servers aren't one of them Smile although l4d dosen't take much to run to be honest in way of cpu etc.

Mike
Linux is just a preference of mine, I found it tends to be more reliable with things like servers than windows. That's just me though.

Penguins are awesome, as well.

nax23
can u start with force_dedicated_server with a looby?

Mike
+ Cleaned up first post for clarity.

+ Made a script that prevents early tanks in versus. Haven't properly tested it yet, only way to do that is with more tha 1 person on it.

tomregev
Not really, when I was practicing hunter and moved survivors (warp_far_survivor_here) around the tank would still spawn when ever I moved them to his trigger spot. The dlc broke the join team 3 command so I can't do it anymore but maybe you can find a way around it since it's your server.

These are the commands I used, maybe it'll help:

sv_cheats 1
director_stop
sb_stop 1
sb_all_bot_team1
join team 3
z_spawn hunter (you don't really need this one, you can still warp survivors while spectating).

Edited by tomregev on 08-05-2009 14:34

Mike
Versus doesn't work 100% properly when there's only 1 person, some of the events get messed up and the AI seems unable to function by itself. So I'd rather test it when others are on it.

Also added an alltalk script similar to the one of the TF2 server. It's off by default, but when players reach the saferoom it gets enabled so you can hear naughty swearing if he's on the other team (otherwise you'll hear him anyway). It gets re-disabled on round start. Of course, this is versus-only as well. No point in having it on during co-op and survivor...

Edited by Mike on 08-05-2009 17:09

Rofl teh cake
Sneaky zombies in Survival sappin mah conversations!

Jump to Forum