cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Spaceboy Productions Brings You: A Very Spacey Spy Movie!
spaceboy

Raven wrote:
Nice vid spaceboy i also found the music very compellingly nice Smile

Yay, I love Streetlight, so one of the reasons I was able to rouse myself to actually put in the hours to make the thing was the idea of putting a video together for that song Grin

Armacoast
Excellent work Spaceboy, very entertaining. I give you: Grin

Mr G
very nice vid, loved the music and the production was sweet. keep it up dude love to see some more , how long did it take you to do that one?

alecom
I headshotted two people Shock
when was this?

and I got killed by pyro in the outtakes ;_;

How often do you record demos? all the time?

Cpt Obvious
Oh the joy my only appearance was getting critsawed by a medic. Sad)

Sammage
That really got me in the mood for some pub spying, lovely vid spaceboy Smile

spaceboy
Thanks everybody Grin

As to how long it took.. well for starters collecting the clips has been going on for months (even before I actually decided I wanted to make them into a video) I tend to basically demo any time I'm playing spy just in case something unintentionally awesome happens XD. I actually find it makes playing more fun.. as if I'm having a shit night playing then I can still feel like I've got something out of it if I had like 10 seconds during the middle of it that was something special Smile..

when it actually came to put it together, hmmmmm... I guess it was about 7-8 hours doing the initial edit (which I don't think is that bad as I'd never used any video editing software before and had to learn everything).. I then however had to spend about 2 solid days trying to fix stuff and get the rendering/encoding up to scratch which was a bit of a pain in the ass Smile

Edited by spaceboy on 01-04-2009 22:16

Humi
very nice vid space!

and I learned that picking up ammo boxes fills your cloak time up Grin never knew that *shame*

alecom

homer wrote:
very nice vid space!

and I learned that picking up ammo boxes fills your cloak time up Grin never knew that *shame*

img25.imageshack.us/img25/7206/1238200826581.jpg

You srsly didn't?

gori11a
Nice workGrin
We need more [ci] vids

agrippa
Ive always wanted to do a "fail-spy" movie as i find the outtake type things the best. As good as the CI community is at playing tf2 there is the occassional shockingly bad lapses of judgement. Take a look at the "silly things" thread on the general chat forum for a few examples.

EDIT:: Wouldnt need to be just about spy failures... thing i love about the class tho is that when I balls something up as a spy, I surrounded by alot of people who dont like me all that much ... most other classes balls ups' can be covered a little better.

Edited by agrippa on 01-04-2009 23:10

Ramini
Usually the balls ups for me are when i try to catch the shiny rockets. When I am pyro this sometimes ends well though.

Not watched it yet, ill download it overnight though and watch tomorrow, my connection isn't good enough for high quality to be watched quickly.

To homer's credit the ammo gathering spy was only put in just before the scout update I believe Smile

tomregev

AgrippA wrote:
@5:58 =58th=Chillpill is chatting to team blu.. at the same time as Chillpill on team red is killing spaceboy.... Mulder and Scully have been dispatched.

That reminds me of a small bug I saw today, captain obvious was a blue spy in disguise, so red could see his voice commands, only they were blue.

Edited by tomregev on 02-04-2009 00:14

gooroo
I've seen that bug as well - it was very confusing!!

I remember the ChillPill incident, we had a "non 58th" ChillPill joining the server, and then everyone went a bit 'No, I'm Spartacus'

Good Times.... Good Times!

Rofl teh cake
Now I really feel like making one of those shiny clips too. Well made Spacey. Smile

spaceboy

Rofl teh cake wrote:
Now I really feel like making one of those shiny clips too. Well made Spacey. Smile

Yay! I want to see a Cake based video!!! Grin

Mr G
nearly tempted to troll the threads for all cakes artwork but am not that dedicadted Smile but am sure the sound track would be also a intresting thing as well Smile unless its him singing then its back to mute Devil only kidding Pfft

Rofl teh cake
Pokemon theme in german ANYONE? ICH WILL DER ALLERBESTE SEIN WIE KEINER VOR MIR WAR.

alecom

Rofl teh cake wrote:
Pokemon theme in german ANYONE? ICH WILL DER ALLERBESTE SEIN WIE KEINER VOR MIR WAR.

Oh hec yes

wolflordandy
That was so funny Smile

Jump to Forum