cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » pimp my rig
 Print Thread
Computer freezing
gori11a

Rofl teh cake wrote:
Naaaaaaaah, I'll get a whole new rig, I can't rock the world with 3 GHZ. Besides, I don't know shit about replacing parts. X)

most of didn't know shit about building PC untill after the first timeWink

Rofl teh cake
Well, there are some things I really don't feel like finding out, because it would destroy the magic.

Dirty tongues say that the Internet fairy, who rides the internet zeppelin, where she loads about 6 billion internet bottles everyday and distributes them to everyone who is paying a monthly fee for her services doesn't exist. Such assholes.

Hungover Engie
Cake is made of disturbing and baad computer voodoo.

Rofl teh cake
"¢ INTEL Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield
"¢ 4096 MB DDR2-800 Mushkin Kit SP2-6400
"¢ 500GB Samsung HD502IJ SATA II
"¢ 1024MB XFX GeForce GTX 285 G200 55nm
"¢ GIGABYTE GA-EP43-S3L P43 GLAN
"¢ Windows VISTA Home Premium 32bit

or

"¢ INTEL Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield
"¢ 8192 MB DDR2-800 Mushkin Kit SP2-6400
"¢ 750GB Samsung HD753LJ SATA II
"¢ 896MB EVGA GeForce GTX 260-216 55nm
"¢ GIGABYTE GA-EP43-S3L P43 GLAN
"¢ Windows VISTA Home Premium 64bit
"¢ COMBAT READY Garantie 60 Monate

Advices please Sad, both 999€

Edited by Rofl teh cake on 13-03-2009 17:06

Cold
2nd one

Rofl teh cake
Why Cold?
Well, I can always replace parts in those things, they are made by the only computer producer in Germany and alot of good shit is written on their page. www.combatready.de , if you can speak german Pfft.
I know, I have already made a thread where I bawww about my pc, but I need yos. Sad

Abunai
I'd reccomend the second one aswell, it has more ram which is always yummy, and although the first has a GTX 295 Graphics card, the second has a GTX 260 which is a beast in it's own right. You wouldn't need any more graphical horsepower than a GTX 260 really, and the extra ram is good for future-proofing your PC (even though it is DDR2, but still).
i32.tinypic.com/1zqpwyv.jpg

Armacoast
@ Abunai: a GTX 295 ?? You mean a GTX 285!

Oh look like someone has taken on my advise. I would choose the first 1, because the better GFX and RAM is so cheap, so if you need more... And choose a 64bit operating system. Ah and the "COMBAT READY Garantie 60 Monate" is for any system you buy from them.

Do you have direct links to the two systems cake?

Abunai
Yeah arma, I can't read Pfft too tired
I guess cheap RAM is a good point but if they are both the same price and the second comes with more RAM initially, it's just down to less hassle.

Of course, assuming that mr.cake is satisfied with a GTX260 over a 285
i32.tinypic.com/1zqpwyv.jpg

Rofl teh cake
Oh, I am satisfied with anything better than my old ride, just asking for the opinion of people who know more than me about computers.
Right now i cannot supply you with a direct link, since i am surfing on an ipod touch and copy and paste does not exist on it, but if you to the section "PC Systeme" -> "Gamer PC" and
then go on the second psge, you should be able to find em. They both have surnames, one of them is called "Der schÖnere" ("The more beautiful one") and the other one "Der bessere" ("The better one"). Also, what would I expect when I get Vista 64? Really feel like getting it, but you all are calling fail.

Edited by Rofl teh cake on 14-03-2009 12:27

sick-lizard
I would got with option 1, but ask they swap the ram to 1066 spec

or get this one lol

"¢ INTEL Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.8GHz
"¢ 4096 MB DDR2-1066 MushkinKIT HP2-8500
"¢ 500GB Samsung HD502IJ SATA II
"¢ 896MB EVGA GeForce GTX 260-216 55nm
"¢ GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3 P35 GLAN RAID

999.95 €

4gig of RAM will keep you happy for some time, if you have legit xp already save yourself the money until windows 7 comes out on the OS.

to be honest if your mainly just gaming, the dual core setups don't look too bad on combatready.de Smile

Rofl teh cake
Yeah, it is decided, I'll get the "Der bessere" setup, but I got some questions, worried that this thing is going to be fail or something

Will the power supply unit suffice? "be quiet! Sys-Power 550W 80Plus"
Will I be happy with Vista? The only thing me and my brother do are gaming, chatting, surfing and downloading?
Is the quad core going to give me troubles with the gaming? I would frown upon it breaking down while playing TF2 X|

Thanks alot for your answers so far guys, I know I have gone on your tits alot, but those might be the last questions...for now Smile

Armacoast
I spend a little of my freetime only for you Cake.

So i would choose this 1:http://www.combatready.de/product_cus...th=301_321

And change it into this one:

GIGABYTE GA-EP43-S3L P43 GLAN

INTEL Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield

4096MB DDR2-1066Mushkin Kit XP2-8500

Samsung 22x+/-RW schwarz SATA

750GB Samsung HD753LJ SATA II

896MB GTX260 216 COMBAT Mod U-XL 55n

be quiet! Sys-Power 700W 80Plus

Vista Home Premium 64Bit

The rest is standard!

987.95 €

The GFX is a overclocked GTX 260 and here are the benchmark list for the different GFXs, so you can see the difference in speed:http://forum.greycomputer.de/componen...test+2009/

If you want you can change the Harddrive in a "1000GB Samsung HD103UJ SATA II", cost only 10 € more. Or you can change the CPU fan into the "CoolerMaster Hyper 212" for 13€.

Hope this help you a little!Cool

Rofl teh cake
Couldn't I overclock it by myself? One of my friends could do it I suppose..whats the difference between letting them overclock and overclock it myself?

Also, try and change RAM of the system. it won't let you do that. it says you need at least 8k of it...but somehow I'll be able to twist my parents around to get me that modded one, already squeezed out a G15 Keyboard and MS Office Student edition and that Zalman Cooler. Wish me luck. X)

And by the way, in the description of the not overclocked GTX 260, it says it is PhyX ready and such...but what about the combat modded ones? The description is a little bit dodgy, will it still do it?

Edited by Rofl teh cake on 15-03-2009 14:34

Mike

Rofl teh cake wrote:

Will I be happy with Vista? The only thing me and my brother do are gaming, chatting, surfing and downloading?

If that's all you do, then yeah you should be fine.

Personally I'd recommend Open Office instead of MS Office. It's basically a free replica of MS Office.

Edited by Mike on 15-03-2009 14:40

sick-lizard

Mike wrote:

Rofl teh cake wrote:

If that's all you do, then yeah you should be fine.

Personally I'd recommend Open Office instead of MS Office. It's basically a free replica of MS Office.

have they got round the issues of buggering up all your existing stuff in office formats etc?

Armacoast

Rofl teh cake wrote:
Couldn't I overclock it by myself? One of my friends could do it I suppose..whats the difference between letting them overclock and overclock it myself?

Sure, you can overclock the CPU or the GFX or the RAM all by yourself but if you do that you lose the warranty of the hole system. If you buy a overclocked part from them you get the 60 months warranty!

Also, try and change RAM of the system. it won't let you do that. it says you need at least 8k of it...but somehow I'll be able to twist my parents around to get me that modded one, already squeezed out a G15 Keyboard and MS Office Student edition and that Zalman Cooler. Wish me luck. X)

Ähm what do you mean by it won't let you change the RAM??

And by the way, in the description of the not overclocked GTX 260, it says it is PhyX ready and such...but what about the combat modded ones? The description is a little bit dodgy, will it still do it?

Its the same GFX but just overclocked!

And if you finally found your dream system you can post it in there forum if every thing is alright or if it still needs some tweak! Just to be on the safe side.

Edited by Armacoast on 15-03-2009 15:59

Rofl teh cake
Try it by yourself Armacoast, take that system, remove 4 gig of ram and then click proceed. It won't let you do that, which is gay.

I'll take the "Der bessere" with these changes:

Changed the cooler to Zalman CNPS 9500 AT

DvD Burner - Lightscribe thing, for like +3€

Graphic card stays the same, but probably I'll get the XXL overclocked version, for +50€

Armacoast
True.. mhh maybe you ask about that in there forum. Could be a bug in there page! But when not take the 1066 RAM, its only 10€ per Slot.

Rofl teh cake
Price doesn't matter now, I managed to get the factory overclocked card too.. my god, my parents love me so much, they even risk my education just to make me happy. I think I am all set, this is my full setup now:

COMBAT READY! Silentium "Der Bessere" Q9550
- GIGABYTE GA-EP43-S3L P43 GLAN
- INTEL Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield
- Zalman CNPS 9500 AT
- 4096MB DDR2-800 Mushkin Kit SP2-6400
- 4096MB DDR2-800 Mushkin Kit SP2-6400
- Samsung 22x+/-RW LightScribe black
- 750GB Samsung HD753LJ SATA II
- HDD Partitionierung Standard
- 896MB GTX260 216 COMBAT Mod U-XXL55n
- COMBAT READY Black Mesh black
- be quiet! Sys-Power 550W 80Plus
- MS Windows VISTA Home Premium 64+Inst
- PC Montage incl. Endkontrolle COMBAT
- COMBAT READY Garantie 60 Monate
- Shiny G15, to spray new cumstains upon

will order it tommorow evening, so some last words from your sides would be appreciated

Edited by Rofl teh cake on 15-03-2009 20:53

Jump to Forum