cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » idle chat
 Print Thread
Anime
Cpt Obvious

AgrippA wrote:
As a side not was it just me that was disappointed by the second season of Code Geass? a case of trying too hard imo, the magic just wasnt there

Imo the second season went a bit too scifi (scifi as in too much magic and mystical stuff) in the end with the whole killing gods and recreating world crap, otherwise i liked it very much.
Only downside i had with the whole series was that i kept forgotting some names cause it had so many characters that actually had backstories and parts in the plot.

edit: <3 Orange http://www.youtub...BuOJ53bLpQ

Edited by Cpt Obvious on 04-10-2008 22:18

tomregev

Mr G wrote:
DBZ movie trailer out Smile
http://www.movieweb.com/movies/film/F...Cz/summary

That's the most horrible thing I ever saw.

Undead2k
Love it. Maybe a bit to much;

Currently watching; Naruto, Bleach and Soul Eater.
Have watched; Full Metal Alchemist + Movie, Full Metal Panic, FLCL, Cowboy Bebop + Movie, Samuria Champloo, Ghost in the Shell Movie 1/2 + GITS: Stand Alone Complex 1 and 2 + GITS: SAC- Solid State Society, Zombie Loan, Death Note + movie 1/2, most of the studio ghibli movies and more. I cant remember everything else Pfft

ROFL @ DBZ trailer. :3

Edited by Undead2k on 06-10-2008 19:29

Rofl teh cake
FUCK YOU AMERICA, FUCK YOU, THIS EVEN JUSTIFIES YOUR OBESITY, YOU FUCKED MY CHILDHOOD, PIGDISGUSTING, DO YOU WANT BURGER KING DO YOU WANT STARBUCKS, GEORGE WALKER BUSH IS MURDERER.

alecom
Ohwow I LOVED FMA.

All I'm gonna say is Lucky Star Drunk

Ramini
I'm sure this topic has been up before... Or maybe it just appears eventually on every forum i go to and I have to type a reply Pfft

Firstly, if you haven't seen the Ghibli films then go now. I haven't quite seen them all myself yet but Princess Mononoke is one of my favourite films of all time anyway, anime or not.

DBZ.. I got into anime watching that, but looking back.. *shudder*

Elfen Lied and Death Note are good for the darker ones (First episode of Death Note is far superior though imo)

Full metal alchemist is a classic to watch, I'd also recommend Hikaru no Go. Sounds boring but I really enjoy it. Its about a boy who becomes the host of an old ghost who just wants to play Go. For those who don't know Go is a board game of logic, far tougher than chess but not as popular over here. Ah well.. I can't do it justice, theres just something that makes it a fun anime.

For the more cutesy I've got to say Dokuro-chan (really short but funny anime and home of the pipiru song I've been going on about recently cause of the guy on our server..) and my #1 favourite anime - Ouran High School Host Club. That ones a romance anime but the characters are so good Devil

Finally, .hack//roots is good, it about an online computer game and probably I only found it good since I could relate to the officers in the guild (I was an officer in a wow guild when I last watched it) but go on anyway Pfft

Raven
interesting concept the Dragonball movie, i would like to see him go super saiyan lol

*brings a litre of hair bleach*
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Mike

Rofl teh cake wrote:
FUCK YOU AMERICA, FUCK YOU, THIS EVEN JUSTIFIES YOUR OBESITY, YOU FUCKED MY CHILDHOOD, PIGDISGUSTING, DO YOU WANT BURGER KING DO YOU WANT STARBUCKS, GEORGE WALKER BUSH IS MURDERER.

We will not insult starbucks in this forum!! Angry

Edited by Mike on 06-10-2008 10:38

solent
pokemon

hentai

.....wait....pokemon...hentai.....pokemon-hentai...

brb
solent

wolflordandy
.hack series are all funky, especially if you manage to watch them in the right order (whatever that might be)

No ones mentioned Black Lagoon yet, which is really funky series, and is pretty much modern day Cowboy bebop... on a boat.

Epic Failure
I won't go into details for the moment, as I'm about to watch some anime with my friends (Yeah, we're freaks of nature, you guessed right Grin ) so for now I'll just say this:

You must watch the anime series "Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann", which is, in my opinion, the best anime ever to be created. (So far anyway)

You can get it from various places, to name one quick: http://www.anime-... (Direct Download)

Now go download it, what are you waiting for!? Pfft

Raven
Just watched magical Pokan couldnt stop laughing Roll

And ive heard that theyve done an Anime movie called Dead Space Downfall a prelude to the game any1 watched or heard of?

Mr G

Raven wrote:
And ive heard that theyve done an Anime movie called Dead Space Downfall a prelude to the game any1 watched or heard of?

Yeah am just watching it now and its a real good story and not bad anmie , voices are pretty good and just like the game it has it momments of OMG RUN!!! or shit dude fire faster Smile

BTW game also rocks even in 3rd person , play it at night with the lights off if you DARE Smile

Its kinda Alien meets Zombie Sci fi.

Oh and in your living room ya girlfriend, can hear you scream like a little girlie.

Edited by Mr G on 29-10-2008 15:56

Mr Waffles
Neon Genesis Evangelion is brilliant. Just started watching it again on DVD and it is a serious though it has its light hearted moments. http://en.wikiped...TV_series)

Edited by Mr Waffles on 30-10-2008 16:43

agrippa
i didnt like the ending to Neon genesis. at this point most fans would say "ahh but did you see the alternate ending?" to which i would reply "yes, it was also awful".

Shame really 'cause teh series was very watchable.

gori11a

Fens wrote:
For some of us kids of the 80s, growing up with Mysterious Cities of Gold, Battle of the Planets(Gatchaman), Voltron and Ulysses 31, we basically had anime shoved down our throats from an early age Grin

Battle of the Planets and UlyssesSmile
if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

Raven

Mr G wrote:

Raven wrote:

Yeah am just watching it now and its a real good story and not bad anmie , voices are pretty good and just like the game it has it momments of OMG RUN!!! or shit dude fire faster Smile

BTW game also rocks even in 3rd person , play it at night with the lights off if you DARE Smile

Its kinda Alien meets Zombie Sci fi.

Oh and in your living room ya girlfriend, can hear you scream like a little girlie.

yeah just watched it aswell v good lots of gore which u cant go wrong with also watched the comic aswell

Game is awesome was playing it till 4 at weekend so addictive Drunk

Mr G
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vexille

Google Video:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xboe4c...Xboe4cH8Ls
strange imbed hmm linky any how , very nice film.

Edited by Mr G on 09-11-2008 11:43

Raven
nice find there mr g had a quick read on the wikipedia looks v good

JunkfoodMan
I dont watch/read anything by Shonen Jump, mostly because they're horribly written, and they just totally drag on (ie. naruto). Death note, Ghost in the Shell, Trigun are ones I like/liked.

Jump to Forum