cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
How do I shot heal-beams?
Clever Idiot
Oh on the medic taking the sentry please do so , but you dont need to stand in front of it ffs.....it does track you in its range.

A you block line of sight for the firee to sentry
b noting worse than a uber medic standing front of a sentry while shots bounce of him Smile
c stop running front as im firing ffs i cant see though you.

Sammage
I'm not a good medic (I have for sure broken all of these guidelines), but I play them a lot and really enjoy it, so here's my awesome guide for having a good time and maybe taking a few names in the process!

-Play a scout first, it's important to be able to dodge, jump, keep a good eye on your surroundings and run like hell. A good medic is a medic that is constantly afraid of taking the smallest bit of damage.

-Your teammates however, shouldn't be afraid. The psychological advantage in team fortress is just incredible. If you're on a team that is steamrolling the other team, and you take away the skilled players, even the crappy players will steamroll through just because they're rushing out six at a time instead of playing it safe one at a time. Make sure everyone is buffed at all times to help give this feeling of invincibility.

-If the buffed players then run stupidly ahead into stickies while the rest of your team is bleeding in a pile, stop healing them and focus on the rest of the team. You win matches by moving as a giant unstoppable group, and it'll serve those buffed players right to learn this and wait for everyone.

-There's some guy in front of you burning to death and he was impolite to you earlier? Screw the hippocratic oath, he probably wasn't a team player anyway Sickhy: what's the point in being a medic if you can't play god?

-If you have a mic, use it! Say thanks, say good job, say oh god there's a scout on me. Let the rest of your team know you have a super sweet spot to uber from and they should all rush in.. NOW. Tell the person you're healing exactly what you want them to do with the uber, nothing worse than activating it and having them run the opposite way. It's possible to still help the team without a mic, but the number of times I've been killed while typing something out.. :no:

-Now you have a mic, let's have some fun with people. Every 30 seconds or so yell out 'behind you!' without mentioning a name. Everyone will turn around and you might pick up a few spy kills like this! Giggleol:

-More medic fun(mic needed): double medic ubers! Works great on dustbowl, and is super easy to do now ubers build fast during startup. You and your friend heal each other up, one of you ubers the other out the door and you rush forwards bonesawing everything in sight. The uber runs out and the heavy medic who counter-ubered are grinning at you: You uber each other again right away! With 20 seconds of uber you can do a scary amount of damage with bonesaws, and you'll be laughing for every second of it! I've actually had some steamroll victories this way, we cleared a path with the double uber and the rest of the team just filed in to cap the points.

-Ninja the points with the help of a medic (mic needed): Another dustbowl one, but works on castle and well too. The medic, in the initial charge out the door, ubers a demo who has placed a ton of stickies on the ground. The demo goes 'whee!' and lands on the other side of the planet and ducks out of sight. Most people aren't going to be bothered to chase him down, in fact he'll be going so fast most people won't see him. Then he runs to wherever he wants to go, maybe spawn camping or maybe point ninjaing. The medic is then free to use the rest of the uber on another person, so it's not even a wasted uber. This works nice on dustbowl 3 with a scout too, the medic gives a touch of uber to a scout as he runs past their sentries, and most people will assume he's dead until suddenly there's a x2 on the last point.

-Try to build a rapport with someone on your team. Maybe they handled an uber well, maybe they kept you alive in a difficult situation, anything like that. Praise them, nurture them. And then stick yourself behind them for the rest of the game because they are going to protect you like you're an emperor. If they know a medic's got their back and they've proved they can look after their medics, they will be ten times as effective as some random goon. Obviously this doesn't mean 'heal them and don't stop', still heal and buff the rest of your team, but MOVE with them. They'll know the score, and the healer/healee bond is strong and does not even have to be spoken out loud. You'll uber, and they'll kill for you. You shout spy, they'll come running. And by the end of the match you'll be best of friends and you will say to each other, 'gj guys'.

Gj indeed.

jem58
Yeah sammage youve done your fair share of ninjaing cap points on dustbowl Pfft

Oh and it may just be me, but I feel like I've let a medic down after I don't kill anything with an uber Pfft I should start begging for forgiveness...

Fallen Seraph

jem58 wrote:
Yeah sammage youve done your fair share of ninjaing cap points on dustbowl Pfft

Oh and it may just be me, but I feel like I've let a medic down after I don't kill anything with an uber Pfft I should start begging for forgiveness...

I think basically everyone does, so when I'm medic I don't find I mind at all, cause I've done exactly the same Sick

gori11a
Sammage, nicely written. My fav bit is;

-There's some guy in front of you burning to death and he was impolite to you earlier? Screw the hippocratic oath, he probably wasn't a team player anyway what's the point in being a medic if you can't play god?
if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

Cpt Obvious
Sammage and Don really said the most important rules.

Personally im trying to cut down on suicide missions especially if my ubercharge is more then 50% filled cause in most cases it benefits the team more to have a uber then for me and my healee getting some kills.

Also one little thing i like to do is cover spots with syringe, If you think people are attacking from certain doorway back out to safe spot and just keep raining syringes to the spot, most of the time they wont attack cause usually flying bullets etc make people more defensive so it works as weird mindgames.

Ralphman
Syringes fire in an arc, use it and stay in cover Wink
[CoFR] - |CGA| - Ralphman

mrbreckles
Rlaphman thats one thing people dont use enough.
Nearly all my syringe kills have been firing over a wall onto a cp thats being capped by the opposition.

Jump to Forum