cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » idle chat
 Print Thread
Your working enviroment (influenced by other members posts)
Megalomania

FuZz wrote:
What a load of unnecesasry 360 bashing! Quite frankly the 360 kicks the crap out of other consoles (and always has) if for no reason other than the versatility of the thing!

First off, as has already been stated, it currently has the best selection of games of any of the consoles by far, and I've *had* both a playstation 3 and a Wii, both of which were quickly ebayed when I got bored of them. The PS3 is massively overpriced, and the Wii is just a fad. "oooh motion sensitive controllerS!!!"....then you get bored of it 2 weeks later. If you don't rate the qality of image/graphics on the xbox, then to be honest it's more than likely your telly. Even old(ish) games likes Gears of War, when run in 1080p look absolutely astonishing, thanks to the oh-so-lovely UT3 engine. Played Assassin's Creed? Project Gotham 4? Naruto: Rise of a Ninja? All beautiful looking games.

As far as controllers are concerned, I actually find the 360 controllers to be the most comfortable to use, but that one's just personal preference I guess. Bearing in mind that the controllers plug in by simple USB ports on the front (show me another console that does that!!), you can plug in pretty much any USB controller and it'll work to an extent. Oh, that and the fact that you can plug in USB sticks with tunes on/your ipod/whatever and play tunes while you play. The interface (xbox dashboard) is really use friendly, and gives you access to all kinds of groovy stuff via xbox live, downloadable free demos, themes to customise the UI, etc etc the list goes on.

Oh, and of course the piece de resistance....media sharing. I have well over a terrabyte of movies/music/series of one description or another on my machine (god bless modern hard drive sizes), and it used to piss me off no end having all this stuff and only being to watch it on my PC, or burn it to disc for the DVD player. I was contemplating getting a second machine to use as a media centre. Now, however, using Vista and the 360, I can stream any video/music file (including divx/xvid/x264 codec'ed files) direct to the xbox from my PC over the network, and it looks great. Brilliant for parties/pissups/whatever as well, just browse the xbox to your PC's tunes folder, hit random, and play. Xbox DJ, complete with psychodelic TV screen visualisations for all you stoners out there Wink

Granted, it makes a fair bit of noise, so what?!? Stop being such a bunch of old ladies and turn the telly volume up a bit. After all the xbox is a glorified PC put into a smaller box, the heat dissipation in a box that size is gonna be rubbish, hence the need for UBER-fannage.

Aaaaaaand relax. Sorry, I just don't like unjustified slating of a device from people that clearly don't look at things from all angles Pfft

Feel free to go back on topic now Grin

Nothing you say is wrong, but also nothing you say there (aside from the games) is unique to the 360. PS3 uses usb for controllers, the PS3 is an excellent media centre (not least because it has built in blu ray). And, imo, the PS3 does most of these things better. Although yes, poor games and overpriced. But those thinks can change. Poorly designed hardware can't.

Anyone with half a brainstem wouldn't use wireless internet for gaming anyway, so this point is kind of irrelevant

Err, even cheap routers are 54Mbit/s and my connection is 2Mbit/s... so you tell me where the bottleneck is.

Sorry FuZz, but to say you're the one criticising people for not looking at things from all angles it's your arguments which are starting to whiff of fanboyism.

Edited by Megalomania on 13-02-2008 17:24

img401.imageshack.us/img401/9208/tf2sigtz5.png

jem58
lol console debates seem to erupt at the slightest provocation.

As for me, I'm going to wait until later in the year until I choose. It's true that the 360 has a better selection of games atm, but if MGS4 and FF13 stay ps3-exclusive and it retains GTAIV, I can see myself putting down the money for that, and the seemingly constant 360 hardware issues don't help it's case, for me at least.

I got a wii on the cheap from a friend earlier in the year and I quite like it, though the lack of games is a bit worrying considering its popularity. At least it had mario galaxy last year which was awesometastic, but post-ssbb I'm not sure what else to look forward to.

Megalomania
Indeed Pfft
img401.imageshack.us/img401/9208/tf2sigtz5.png

FuZz
I realise we're talking about which console is "better" Meser you fool, please don't try and patronise me. I honestly believe the 360 to be the "better" choice, all things considered, given the current availablity of games that are actually worth playing.

That's my opinion, couldn't care less if anyone agrees or not Grin

I'm happy with my 360, does exactly what I need from a console. That said, I'll probably buy another Wii when smash borthers eventually comes out :/

Edited by FuZz on 13-02-2008 17:55

img80.imageshack.us/img80/7185/userbar522753bs9.gif

gori11a
Yup the 360 looked ok for a while.... but if i had the cash and wanted a console it would have to be PS3 now.

I had PS1 and still have the PS2 and Gran Turismo will never be on the 360....
although PGRacing looked good.
if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

MESER
Any ways, now thats sorted.
Wheres everyones working enviroment pics for me to nose at its like weres wally spot the incriminating evidence and peoples personallity through there clutter and messGiggleol:

CenTinela
LoL! I was thinking this was a post for posting pics of our desks.

Cold

CenTinela wrote:
LoL! I was thinking this was a post for posting pics of our desks.

aha! U fell for the trap Centi Pfft

Jump to Forum