cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Sniper/Spy update complete notes.
alecom
165! sweet..

also lol@the left handed sapper being backwards Pfft
silly flips!

spaceboy
OH yeah! Also I'm absolutely fine with the ambassador nerf having thought about it.. I wasn't anything special with the gun before over and above the revolver so this probably won't affect me at my current skill level... but hopefully what it might do is stop so many other people playing spy constantly so that I can play it without feeling like I'm going out of my way to ensure my team can't win Sad Having said that the DR is now an enticing prospect which will probably see 8 spies a side Angry Pop

Edited by spaceboy on 24-06-2009 14:25

vadoom
They didn't reduce the decloak sound/noise of DR.

tomregev
good, it would make it way overpowered if they did.

Ramini
Its overpowered now really. The only deaths I had all round were crit meleed once, naded from behind while sapping sentry and being chased down by 3 blue guys after already DRing twice.

I played a little now and found that the ambassador now suffers like the sniper rifle from laggy hitboxes. I keep getting lag spikes though..

The new bow makes me dizzy because I'm used to seeing it the other way around.

Raven
Left handey here after playing with flipped view models its help me incredibly well especially with scout even though they just flipped out wihtout thinking of the sapper >.>
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Leif
And another one Grin

Steam - Update News wrote:
Linux Dedicated Server

Improved connection logic to help servers that aren’t automatically reconnecting to Steam, and added extra logging to track it

Added extra data gathering to help us understand and improve Linux performance

Team Fortress 2

Changed cl_flipviewmodels so it can no longer be set while connected to a server

Fixed problem with Loadout Menu "Back" button not preserving the currently equipped weapon

Fixed a case where an observer could set the observed player's view models

Fixed the Heavy's punches not matching mouse button presses when the view models are flipped

Fixed Bonk! ammo count exploit after using a regeneration locker

Fixed Dead Ringer damage reduction exploit involving Spy taunting

Reverted Force-A-Nature and airblast knockback on disguised Spies, so that they can once again be knocked back

Missed notes from previous update

The Ambassador no longer penetrates buildings

Removed the movement speed penalty on The Razorback

agrippa
quick update::

Reverted Force-A-Nature and airblast knockback on disguised Spies, so that they can once again be knocked back

oh well. Still dont agree with the FaN KB but whoever made the point about axtinguisher knockbacks made a goodn one.

spaceboy
They took out our awesome double sided rocket launcher :'(

tomregev

Steam - Update News wrote:
Changed cl_flipviewmodels so it can no longer be set while connected to a server

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!Shock

Left rockets, our time together was short, you'll always have a place in my heart.Cry

Edited by tomregev on 25-06-2009 22:43

Page

AgrippA wrote:
quick update::

oh well. Still dont agree with the FaN KB but whoever made the point about axtinguisher knockbacks made a goodn one.

Yay, I can airblast spies away from the health packs again Grin

tomregev
Yeah, fuck new solly mechanics, as long as the pyro is unharmed.

Ramini

Fixed Dead Ringer damage reduction exploit involving Spy taunting

Saw this today. Had an enemy spy taunting by the cart and moving it. I shot him twice in the head with my sniper rifle and he didn't die Sick

Razorback might have a little niche usage now maybe, still inferior to the jarate though imo.

Mike

Added extra data gathering to help us understand and improve Linux performance

lmao

Suuuuuure you will.

spaceboy
Oh Hairy Cat! Why must one so young be so unflinchingly cynical!

tomregev
hahaha, can't believe someone else remembers that.

Mike
icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-bah-humbug-cat.jpg

Edited by Mike on 26-06-2009 01:18

gori11a

tomregev wrote:
You Agrippa and cake were doing just fine before the buffs. Points don't really reflect the contribution to the team, an engie that builds a lvl 3 teleporter no matter how useless its location will usually be in the top 3. A sniper can lead without once touching the cart, stand on a point or put someone out. The demo who takes out 3 nests without an uber but dies in the process on the other hand will usually be mid chart.

The thing about spies for me is that they have a higher initial skill requirement. Anyone can pick up soldier, though not anyone can master it, but not anyone can pick up spy and therefore it has a bigger trade off once you do.

Also a team with 4 or more of any non assault class will fail, not just spies.

Well saidRock

Jump to Forum