cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Sniper Update
NaughtyMe
No - someone compared blurred images...it was a different length in the leaked version.
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

Raven
day 6 shows ambassador :> looks very stylish and swish
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

tomregev
http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?...hp?id=2525
Seems that valve has hired borat for today's update. personally I find the ambassador a bit strong, unless the cooldown is the same as a sniper rifle's. It basically feels like a counter razorback weapon that will be useless for most spies, but in the hand of the good ones it'll be unstoppable.

Mike
Is it just me or is that a straight upgrade from the standard revolver? Deadly damage and range and 6 shots and the only con is rate of fire?

agrippa
tbh its hard to say until it is released but:

the regular revolver is a good fallback weapon ive found. if a stab misses or someone rumbles me then i can switch out and it packs a hell of a punch at close range. The rate of fire is already alot slower than the regular pistols but its not so slow that it cant be used in a panic and get teh job done.

The new weaponssounds like its an agressive option for ppl that you can get teh first shot on. Think of the times that you have been running behind a pyro that is running in a straigh line, never quite managing to catch up. It could take 4 shots from the regular revolver to get the job done, which gives the enemy time to react and move around, the first shot being the only shot you will certainly hit with befor they start to jink and dodge. The new gun will probably (a total guess) need only 2 shos to get rid of teh lower health targets but those two shots will probably take the same time to use 4 (again a guess) with the original. DPS wise they are the same, but one revolver suits a marksman who is agressive, the other suits someone who sprays and prays or wants to have a reliable backup to the knife.

In fact if you think that at close range its easier to hit somone (bigger target) then on maps with alot of close combat the revolver might be a better choice. On maps with more open spaces or longer sections (goldrush pt3, gravelpit cap B ) the ambassidor might be alot more useful.

They were my first thoughts anyway. Any thoughts?

Edited by agrippa on 20-05-2009 13:17

Cpt Obvious
Veeery interesting, if it actually can headshot like sniper rifle it could open lots of new possibilites. Hide in the shadows, snipe a medic and cloak away.

Also i would have to disguise as sniper and headshot someone just for the lulz.

spaceboy
I think I may just have had what one might call a joygasm! It doesn't specifically say crits on headshot... but it does mention head shooting and sniper like accuracy.. seriously this may be the gun I've been dreaming of Grin

Not to mention it looks so fecking cool! (like a stylish desert eagle from counter strike to the MAX!!!). Seriously though, it sounds like this is an every shot counts weapon that could really raise the skill ceiling for the class.. for me that's nothing but positive (especially if it means I can take on engineers toe to toe when they've got their shotty out Grin ). I mean wow.. just wow.. if it's accurate as a sniper rifle.. I mean, think about it.. the one thing snipers usually don't have is the ability to be hiding somewhere odd behind your own lines, goddamn this could be sooooo good Grin .. on the downside I'm a pretty shitty aim Grin.. but I will be practising my ass off from now on!! Might even make spies more workable in clan matches (especially with the cloak and dagger) as a combination you could sit behind enemy lines telling your team where all the rushes are coming from and then when you spot the medic is half health, uncloak and BANG!

.. ok I just joygasmed again!!! Grin

Edited by spaceboy on 19-05-2009 23:19

Leif
I'm starting to fear the spy

spaceboy
I wouldn't Grin We're all sneaky yet crappy at shooting (speaking for myself only of course Grin)... could be dangerous if some leet aim guys take it up though, sammage is already very good when he goes spy.. maybe tinger or ramini? any of you snipey guys with your crazy shooting of people Shock

agrippa
for all we know the cooldown after each shot might make the weapon totally unuseable at close range for alot of ppl (if its a properly long time that is). Id imagine it will be a fair ammount of time, think golden gun from goldeneye on the n64 (1 shot clip).

And spaceboy dont pretend youre a bad shot, we have all seen your spy video ... take the first kill you make as a prime example Pfft

Ramini
Indeed spaceboy. I believe several people already fear my revolver skills. If this thing does headshots i'll just quit being sniper. I am thinking that perk might remain sniper territory though. I don't play on the ci server too much now since I only get back at this time and its usually dead. On other servers I have been practicing spy but I'm aware the ci regs are quite good at spy checking compared to the other servers I visit.

If it does higher damage per shot, that means higher initial damage. For those times the backstab goes wrong and you've got a second to react to finish someone off it could make the difference.

Spy was the second class I started liking so might go back. The main reason I don't now is that spy gives you the highest satisfaction of a good fight but the most rage at dying usually.

tomregev

Spaceboy wrote:
I wouldn't Grin We're all sneaky yet crappy at shooting (speaking for myself only of course Grin)... could be dangerous if some leet aim guys take it up though, sammage is already very good when he goes spy.. maybe tinger or ramini? any of you snipey guys with your crazy shooting of people Shock

Sammage is a bad example, he's good at everything.

Edited by tomregev on 20-05-2009 00:09

Raven
the ambassador is a gun you polish everyday stick it on your mantle and marvel it Roll
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

spaceboy
So long as you always check Ci first Ramini!!! Sometimes (not often but sometimes) we play late Grin .. and we miss you !!!! Grin

tomregev
Yeah, late night matches are great. It's about the only time we can play custom maps.

Rofl teh cake
Yay, a weapon which requires aim/headshots to make hueg dmg and takes long to cool down so I can scream FUCKING HELL, THIS SHIT PIECE OF STEEL DOES NOTHING, while I miss and wait.

Perfectly made for me.

vadoom
It will be great for finishing off people falling back for a health kit 30 meters away.

slicker
The new gun looks very cool ! Can`t wait to use it .

Abunai
Anyone noticed he is holding a smaller cigarette in his hand?
Probably something to do with the disguise kit; maybe related to the new disguising effect seen in the "Meet the Spy" video at the medic part :3
i32.tinypic.com/1zqpwyv.jpg

tomregev
Looks the same to me, and cigarettes do get shorter over time. I did notice that right before he gets his head blown off the blue spy's holding the brand red spies smoke (blue's have those girly black ones and red has a normal one).

Jump to Forum