cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
L4D2 Discussion
Cpt Obvious
Ive played realism vs few times now, still havent seen anyone reach the safe room on any map.

Undead2k
I havent even got past the second level yet without people ragequitting because its to hard or whatever :/ Nobody used voice comms or even bothered to type anything... (and if they did they were Russian or French so I couldnt help anyway) Argh.
sc2sig.com/s/eu/224555-1.png
bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/clean8/pc/Undead2k.png

Cpt Obvious
i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa215/Thegreen16/mutations.png

Fairly interesting.

Mr Waffles

Cpt Obvious wrote:
Ive played realism vs few times now, still havent seen anyone reach the safe room on any map.

I've only played one map on realsim VS and yes it defiantely seems that much harder on survivors.

Cpt Obvious
Bit more detail on future mutations.
# Bleed Out - Your health is a ticking away.
# Chainsaw Massacre - 4 chainsaws, millions of zombies.
# Follow the Liter - Scavenge one can at a time.
# Four Swordsmen - Four Swords against plenty of apocalypse!
# Gib Fest - Blast the infected to shreds with M60s.
# Hard Eight - Double the specials, quadruple the fun!
# Headshot! - The only shot that counts is the one in the head.
# Healthpackalypse! - No health in this versus game.
# Iron Man - No respawns, no restarts, all tension.
# Last Gnome On Earth - Protect the gnome at all cost.
# Realism Versus - You can't see each other but they can see you.
# Room For One - Only room for one survivor in this rescue vehicle.
# Ultra Realism - The ultimate realistic challenge.
# Versus Survival - Can you survive against your friends?
# Last Man on Earth - You will become legend to the infected as the last human left.
# The Last Samurai – Alone, armed with only a sword you venture forth.

Mike
Apparently some modders have managed to hack into some of the future mutation modes.

Also GG to Valve for breaking Multiplays servers with the update.

Edited by Mike on 25-04-2010 20:13

Cpt Obvious
Tempting but kinda ruins the point on the whole mutation things adding up replayability.

Mr Waffles

Cpt Obvious wrote:
Tempting but kinda ruins the point on the whole mutation things adding up replayability.

This, also even though people have found all the new Mutation modes I'm not going to read them becasue I don't want to spoil the suprise of discovering what they are if they aren't obvious such as Bleed Out.

Exxy
In order to not spoil the upcoming things for Waffles, I am only going to say this:

There's going to be some interessting stuff on the way, and I will defo try most of them out as they sound interessting, some more than others.
cleveridiot.com/images/exxysigsmaller.jpg

Cpt Obvious
Yeah to get waffles's excitement higher, id say few of them were really unexpected.

Undead2k
Some of the new game modes sound interesting but they are nothing special.

Sounds like they couldn't make there minds up what game mode they wanted to add in the passing so they are attempting to add them all, which is nice idea but what will happen at the end? Will we get to choose what we play afterwards or will this mutation continue forever!

Would be nice if they actually worked on some decent, dynamic maps like they promised but nevermind, guess silly game modes will do. Pfft
sc2sig.com/s/eu/224555-1.png
bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/clean8/pc/Undead2k.png

tomregev
Even if we don't get to choose they'll probably only rotate on valve servers, there will be plenty of private ones running a mutation of their choice.

Cpt Obvious
Another great mutation, Bleed Out.

Raven
Yeah Bleed Out really took me by surpise didnt expect it to be so hard on advanced good thing we didnt do it on expert

It really did feel close to realistic zombie apocalypse with all the crescendos and hordes.
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

tomregev
Fuck me this is brilliant:

YouTube Video

Mr Waffles

tomregev wrote:
Fuck me this is brilliant:

YouTube Video

Nice!

tomregev
I love last man on earth. The level's emptiness and the fact that any failed encounter means death gives it an awesome survival horror feel.
Fuck the wedding witch though, you can't run fast enough to kill her with the m4 and if you bring a shotgun then smokers and chargers rape you.

Raven
Yeah tis good, did ellis on the parish screw jockeys
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Mike
Really? I found it quite boring, to be honest.

Did Expert Dark Carnival in about 30 mins. Without the common infected it's quite simple, you can just run through the whole thing with nothing stopping you. Since there's nobody around, you can hear the SI perfectly and you've got a clear shot at them.

tomregev
Expert means nothing since any encounter is instant incap anyways. Dark Carnival is easy since it's so open, try the parish finale or the passing and you'll see it's a whole different experience.

Edited by tomregev on 29-05-2010 09:53

Jump to Forum