cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
L4D 2 WTF
Rofl teh cake
L4D is dling.... GEE I SURE WONDER WHAT IT IS.

Mike
After 2 months of pretty much useless updates (Novint Falcon, anyone?) they STILL haven't fixed any bugs or balance issues.

Anyone up for a game of CC tonight?

Raven
im stuck here on download starting Frown
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

NaughtyMe
Raven pick a server in Japan or similar
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

alecom

NaughtyMe wrote:
Raven pick a server in Japan or similar

ohsnap

Mike
I'll focus on the bad points first because, well, it's more fun.

There are areas of the campaign that are seriously lacking in detail and a lot of the areas are a bit bland. There are a few new models near the finale, but it's pretty much the same enviroment and props.

Weapon spawns are busted, they all seem to be enabled by default. So it's T2 weapons, pistols and bombs around every corner.

As I mentioned before, there are no bug fitches or balance patches in this update. I won't get into that again. HOPEFULLY they'll patch the weapon spawns.

The bot AI seems to glitch in some areas, Bill and Zoey stayed by the Chopper for ages while me and Waffles ran off down the alley. Zoey also seemed to get confused by an awkwardly placed car and tried running back down the alley rather than jump over it.

CC follows in DAs footsteps of not being very roof-friendly for versus. Most of the useful areas are blocked off and nodrawed. There are also a few areas that don't really make sense, such as the train car laying in the middle of the road. I know there's a track above the road, but how the hell did it get there? Do the zombies have some wierd derailing power? And what kind of idiot army would aim a big ass cannon at their own barracade? Also the finale is in an area enclosed by concrete walls, so HOW the van escapes is a mystery.

Now for some good stuff:

The new dialogue is awesome. Although Bill doesn't have any new lines, Francis and Zoey have a ton of new lines that stay within their personality.

"Well done recycling, you saved the planet." "I hate Canada."

The randomized car alarms are quite cool, means you have to watch your fire around street areas.

The new finale is quite well done, the main building is a bit campy, but it's not too bad. The way you switch the generator adds to the fun in versus.

Overall the whole thing was a bit mixed, it had its pros and cons. It does feel like they mashed this together to get people to regain interest in the L4D series before L4d2 gets released. And to shush the boycotters a bit.

On a final note: they also made some nice improvements to matchmaking, if you count breaking sv_searchkey and ms_force as improvements. I tried ms_forcing to Waffles server, when it switched me to local hosting without warning me.

(Sorry Waffles, it looks like you were connected to my local game before, I thought we were just on another public server. I only just figured it out now. Wink )

Edited by Mike on 29-09-2009 23:36

tomregev
I found the broken item spawn to be hilarious, I love how every time I shoot into a horde something ends up blowing up or burning because of all the gas cans. But yeah it really needs fixing.

The new lines are great, the canadian boomer is my favorite.

lol as I was typing this another update came out, I thought they fixed the spawns but it's just technical stuff:

Left 4 Dead

Made the variable "mp_gamemode" available again. Note that you can also load maps directly with different game modes by specifying it in the map command. For example, "map l4d_garage01_alleys versus" will set mp_gamemode versus for you automatically and load the first map of Crash Course

Added "mm_dedicated_force_servers" to allow specification of a list of dedicated server addresses manually used for searching (ms_force_dedicated_server is depreciated)

Updated shared libraries and DLLs preventing dedicated servers listing correctly, appearing on Steam groups, and being found via sv_search_key

Edited by tomregev on 30-09-2009 02:19

Raven
Had a quick run on it only on campaign not bad really pretty much whats said with weapon spawns and canisters and petrol canisters

also zoey and francis lines are the best bit of CC Grin

tomregev
Don't know if it's a bug or not, but on my second playthrough of crash course the generator didn't go out during the finale, perhaps it's random like the alarm locations. Personally I hope it's intentionally randomized both on if it happens and when it happens, that way the finale isn't predictable for either survivors or infected.

Edited by tomregev on 01-10-2009 01:12

Cpt Obvious
New update now, fixed the weapon spawns.

Cpt Obvious
L4D2 can be pre ordered now.

Raven
Aye purchased lets hope demo is soon Smile

Undead2k
Not really enough incentive for me to pre-order at the moment.

A chance to play the demo a couple days before the public? 10% off? Exclusive melee weapon which I don't cares about?

At the moment I feel better just waiting until steam does their amazing 50% off deals :3 Though my opinion could change. Whoknows.
sc2sig.com/s/eu/224555-1.png
bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/clean8/pc/Undead2k.png

Raven
Youll turn over to the dark side undead in time >:3

alecom
I'm waiting for the 75% off deal Grin

Cpt Obvious
longer you wait, less games you get to play when were all bored with it...

The first few weeks when its fresh will be the best. Worth the money imo.

matswatz
Okay, fuckit, I have prepurchased.
nothing but dust down here

Mr Waffles
Unsuprisingly I bought L4D2 as well. Can't wait for the demo.

Leif
Will we have a L4D2 server when it's released Grin?

Mr Waffles

Leif wrote:
Will we have a L4D2 server when it's released Grin?

Most likely, the CI server will move onto L4D2 when it's released.

Jump to Forum