cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » idle chat
 Print Thread
Good Morning :)
Radoo
Yey for Holiday! Grin Morning!

Radoo
Good evening, from UK! Uhu! Smile

Rhosauce
Have an awesome trip! Grin And good night!

Undead2k
Gooooooooooooood moooorning

Edit:
Why good mooorning

Edit:
Yay its friday!!!

Goooood morning =w=

Edited by Undead2k on 13-07-2012 06:16

sc2sig.com/s/eu/224555-1.png
bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/clean8/pc/Undead2k.png

spaceboy
Morning!
Behold the wondrous return of Sheriff Pony!

Rhosauce
Afternoon!

Radoo
Mooorning!!! What a good rainy day, perfect for science Museum & co. Grin

Undead2k
Gooood mooorning tmi

Radoo
Moorning!!! It's my last full day in UK. Shock And still so much to see... Well, another time. Smile

sick-lizard
Morning Smile

Rhosauce
Hello!

Undead2k
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooood moooooooooooooooooooooorning

Radoo
Morning! Back to Iași. Sad

Rhosauce
How was your trip?

Radoo
Morning! It was great. I hadn't too much time to properly visit everything, a bit exhausting on my feet, but, overall, it was excellent. I'm putting some random thoughts bellow.

Firstly I don't understand how the city stays so clean, with so scarcely placed litters. It's quite a miracle. In Amsterdam, the amount of garbage on the streets of the city centre was proportional with the number of visitors from all over the world. Here, on the other hand, everyone seems to respect each other by not throwing everything on the ground. I saw a few cigarettes, but that's nothing for the scale of this city. I guess only Vienna looks better at this chapter, but on the other hand the people there are too full on themselves.

About people, what can I say, I never saw so many people from all over the word as on the streets of London. I was blending perfectly with the crowd. There are so many dialects that I wasn't sure which was a native englishman/woman. Everyone is tolerant, yet polite. One of the most interesting experiences was with a drugged (I guess) young man met one day at the train station in Guildford: firstly he asked me for some spare change, then asked me where I'm from. I said from Romania. He started saying that I'm an immigrant, an illegal one for that matter. I saw he wouldn't accept me as a tourist, and I said to him that I'm the most illegal immigrant there is. That put a smile on his face, and then he left. Smile So even in his state, he knew what's a joke.

On the history side, well now I get it what's with the queen's cult. How can you not love your country, when everywhere's a piece of history. There are the bad and the good, but most importantly there is a focus on the greatness: fairness, respect of each other and of people who made a difference for the country or/and for the world (the statue of Newton in the Westminster Abbey for example), respect for history in general (the huge free museums). God bless the queen! Smile

If you were wondering what spots on the map I covered: Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden, Royal Courts of Justice, Tate Modern (no actual visit of the exhibitions), St. Paul Cathedral, Bank of England, Royal Exchange, The Monument, Tower Bridge, Southwark Cathedral (outside), The Dungeon, SeaLife, The London Eye, Tower of London, Greenwich (damn park was closed, museums closed at 5 p.m.), Buckingham Palace (changing guards), Westminster Cathedral, St. James's Park, The BIg Ben & The Parliament (outside), Westminster Abbey, The Science Museum, China Town, Legoland Windsor, The Natural History Museum, Victoria and Albert Museum (just passing by), Harrods, Stratford station area (The Olympic Stadium and the biggest McDonalds were closed Sad), Wallace Collection.

The "above the earth" view: London area is H U G E. From the plane, in other countries, you could see houses, fields, some forests. After a few minutes above Britain, I could only see houses, and houses, and even more houses. Smile

On the financial side, UK is the most expensive country I've been yet. Not that you don't know, but here are some prices. Daily Travelcard from Guildford, including London areas 1-6 is about 23 pounds, a Weekly is ~99 pounds. Weekly bus tickets in Guildford on two lines 13 pounds, a one way ticket is 1.3 pounds. A simple meal is between 5 and 12 pounds. Cola on the streets of London 1-1.5 pounds for 0.5L. At the SuperMarkets, 2L is about 2.2 pounds, compared to less than a pound in Romania, and ~1.4 pounds in Germany & Italy.

The CCTVs: after a day in London, the CCTVs looked like something normal. It was awkward for me not to have CCTVs in some areas. Smile I guess they are a good thing, I didn't feel like my privacy was violated, as I know they are used only in case of incidents to have the bad guys on tape. On the other hand, it wouldn't be the same in Romania. I bet they would be used for marketing and other social media stuff, and real crime tapes would disappear into the thin air.

What else, not much at the moment. I would definetily come back in UK, perhaps to visit other cities, or to have some fun in London, why not, this time was too much of a visiting rush. Grin

Here's a picture Smile

radumunteanu.dyndns.info/Pics/IMG_2088.JPG

Edit:
Mooooorrrning! I miss UK already... Frown

Edited by Radoo on 14-04-2013 18:50

Radoo
Mooorning! It's Friday! Grin

sick-lizard
W00t its Friday, Good Morning Smile

Radoo
Good morning! Smile

Undead2k