cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Team Fortress 2: WAR! Huh?! Good God!
Cpt Obvious
wow did not expect another sticky launcher with EVEN MORE spam possible.

spaceboy
I am shocked and appalled that noone else has yet commented on the 3 new weaps revealed! Grin (Edit: Oh hey Captain XD) All in all, 2 outta my 3 requests ain't bad (although I did REALLY want those rocket boots Sad ) . Lets have a lil rundown:

Equalizer: What can I say? This is what I specifically wanted so of course I like it Grin Sounds like awesome fun while being self-balancing and adding new interesting tactics that might actually make melee something to consider as a solly Grin

The Buff Banner: Hmmmmm I had a feeling, when I saw that plate on the monkey page, that this might be some kinda radial buff thing. I'm not at all sure how good this'll be.. though it could potentially provide a super awesome push for your team you will be decreasing your killing power a lot by leaving your shottie at home. I'm also gonna assume that using this will mean holding it..and thus you yourself don't get to kill anything while things are all mini-crit-tacular.. if that's the case then it may not see much use in 6v6 as losing the fire power of one of your 6 players may counteract the fact that potentially the other 5 are firing minicrits... Its usefulness will also depend on the range of effect as if you need to pile too close together then you're liable to get spammed all to feck before you can make it count. It IS interesting though.. and the more players on your team the more potentially useful it is (especially given it last 14 seconds which is a pretty meaty time).. using this on a pub with 16 aside could be like unleashing a tornado Smile

The Scottish Resistance: This... could prove problematic Frown I'm sure there are already calls for this to be banned all over the comp scene and here's why: The reason that the demo is limited to 1 in 6v6 is that on certain maps, like Granary for instance, 2 demos could totally shut down the only 2 choke points that exist between certain areas (mid and yard being a good example). As a result you get a horrifically stalematey game where no team can push without uber. So.. the thought of having one demo able to lay down 16 stickies at a time.. in different independently explodable clusters is to say the least troubling.

It should be pointed out though that this isn't quite as bad as having 2 demos for several reasons:

-One demo on most maps can only watch one exit at a time.. and given that he's got to look at his new toys to explode them, that could be enough to allow you to call which choke he's looking at and then push the other.
-One demo on a team means that if you've killed him there are no stickies anywhere and you're free to push aggressively.
-The SR is worse for direct fighting than the sticky launcher... we will need to see how significant the delay is on airblast detonation..but if it leaves the demo helpless in open combat then this might be enough to balance the new weapon.
-The ability for the SR to destroy opponents' stickies.. this could mean that you can use your own SR demo aggressively to de-sticky any choke points and thus push unhindered.
-The last point I can think of is that to actually lay 16 stickies in 2 or more different locations takes a significant amount of time.. if you keep the pressure up on the enemy team with scouts probing at flanks etc then this may be hard to accomplish if the demo isn't ultra defensive (i.e. stickies up at the cap behind the one you're about to try to capture).

Overall I think these are pretty interesting and I can't wait till update time to actually try them out and see how fun they all are Grin

Edited by spaceboy on 17-12-2009 10:25

Behold the wondrous return of Sheriff Pony!

Raven
Was looking at the soldier achievements and one is to gib a player with a grenade does this mean a new taunt with them grenades? Grin
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Solo
yes it does.
confirmed http://forums.steampowered.com/forums...tcount=317

this is valve's email to jibberish who was the idea man behind the equaliser. self destruction taunt kill, interesting but no doubt remarkably hard to pull off!
www.ziip.co.uk/ziipsigs/ziip_bc2.jpg

Leif
The new weapons look so cool Grin

NaughtyMe
I think the soldier got a better deal out of all this, I am a little dissapointed. However, we'll see how it all turns out I suppose once we get them.
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

Humi
I can't wait anymore!!!

spaceboy
Grin Now all we need are some new maps Grin A class update without maps always feels a bit anticlimactic Frown

Solo
I don't expect new maps, KOTH isn't too old really is it?

Exxy
DISREGARD PREVIOUS STATEMENT; I DID NOT READ THE FULL STORY ON IT

I'M RETARDED KKTHXBAI

Edited by Exxy on 17-12-2009 14:32

Mike
Although the flag is creative, I don't see it being widely used. I suppose we'll have to wait to see the statistics in-game, but on paper I don't think this'll tear people away from the shotgun.

Tbh, I'm a bit concerned about the new sticky launcher. imagine 16 grouped stickies covering the cart/point/chokepoint, all progress would just halt completely. A bit much for 1 class. I don't think 0.4 secs is a long enough prime time to stop separate it from offensive use, but we'll see when it's in the game. But I can see some future tweaks being made to this.

Raven
at most there might be some new KOTH maps but like solo said not that old so wont be any new game mode just yet.

Would like to see game modes related to players like holding the intelligence for a certain amount of time or base destruction stuff like that Grin
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

spaceboy
Personally I'm not that bothered about any new game modes.. I just want new quality valve made maps, preferably of the 5CP variety Smile

wolflordandy
I'd be happy just for them to officiate some custom maps so that they get more widely used. But yes, would be nice to have some more 5cp maps.

Fish
seriously space new boots?

xmas come early for u my friend LOL

matswatz
Spaceys 3 wishes came true, amiright Spacey?

(And F U Valve for giving us ANOTHER a/d map -_-)

Edited by matswatz on 18-12-2009 06:42

spaceboy
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! It doesn't say no self-damage.. just massively reduced... but it's close enough! Grin All the people (I don't think anyone here was.. but I'll gloat anyway) who thought the war was meaningless are looking a lil silly right now Grin

Wow.. I mean.. seriously.. wow ...fear my witchy powers Grin

wolflordandy
Don't think the demo ever had a chance to win to be honest... though would have been pointless having 2nd slot jump boots with no sticky launcher!

Solo
finally got my eyelander! don't have my charge targe though so it's a bit useless... *waits for valve to give everyone the unlocks they missed when the servers were down*

Cpt Obvious
Had a major facepalm moment, saw a topic on some forums where people were asking how to get the rocketjump achievement where you have to jump as high as possible...

Never knew crouch rocket jump was such a special ability.

Jump to Forum