cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Bad Company 2 Walk Through
Cpt Obvious
check your messages Andy.

Mr G

Exxy wrote:
Don't think my GFX-Card can handle BC2 due to the fact that when it finishes loading, it just freezes on the loading screen graphics wise. I can hear the sounds from the match going, but I can't see stuff :<

You could edit your setting out of game which might at least let you get on to the game

C:\Users\\Documents\BFBC2Beta\settings.cfg

DxVersion=9

which is dxlevel 9 will help with fps and the other options are low,medium and high.

Mr G

If you have been playing the new Battlefield Bad Company 2 beta, you probably know all about the horrible server browser. You are probably looking for a way to get rid of all the servers from other countries especially. Well, now there is a way (thanks to a big tip from dardf over at NFC).

How to do it:

In your documents folder there should be a BFBC2Beta folder, Open it. If you are on windows 7, it will be located here -> C:\Users\\Documents\BFBC2Beta
Open the GameSettings.ini file in notepad or some text editing software.
Scroll to the very bottom of the file and replace the line that starts with FavoriteGames= with FavoriteGames=Chicago;Virginia;Cali;Texas;Denver;San Jose;Atlanta;Dallas;NY;New York;Seattle;Quebec;Montreal;LA;WA;WDC;
Save the file
Boot into the game and in the bottom right corner there is a servers tab, use that instead of the one under multiplayer at the top.
Note for users outside of North America, You can use the same trick but replace the string of cities with cities from around you. So, for example if you are in the UK you might use FavoriteGames=uk or if you are in Israel you might use FavoriteGames=Israel.

Hopefully that helps people, because as of now the beta has a fairly poor server browser.

Source
YouTube Video

Fens
Managed to have a proper go over the last week, really enjoying the beta! Though it does not have the same sense of scale you used to get with huge bf2 64 player maps it is still lots of fun - the destructable environments alone are so cool Grin

I was initially a bit miffed at some of the changes/dumbing down - especially that they had amalgamated the support/medic/assault classes but it actually works quite well and all makes sense considering the smaller map/team sizes and the fact that it is also a console game.

Does seem a bit 'sniper happy' but that is probably just down to the map, plus it is just funny watching half the enemy team sat on a hill trying to snipe you while the timer ticks down and none of them are trying to actually achieve the objective Smile

NaughtyMe

Fens wrote:
Managed to have a proper go over the last week, really enjoying the beta! Though it does not have the same sense of scale you used to get with huge bf2 64 player maps it is still lots of fun - the destructable environments alone are so cool Grin

I was initially a bit miffed at some of the changes/dumbing down - especially that they had amalgamated the support/medic/assault classes but it actually works quite well and all makes sense considering the smaller map/team sizes and the fact that it is also a console game.

Does seem a bit 'sniper happy' but that is probably just down to the map, plus it is just funny watching half the enemy team sat on a hill trying to snipe you while the timer ticks down and none of them are trying to actually achieve the objective Smile

I think it should be noted that the Beta they have given on the PC is pretty old - their blog states that many of the problems being recorded have been fixed in the release.
The FOV thing is a problem - it's likely that you'll have to go old school and do it in the settings file (just like the 90's!) rather than in game, which sounds pretty stupid.

I have noticed that many of the games are pushovers or routs. I did have whiner complain that I had stolen the helicopter and therefore I was a noob. I proved him wrong by flying it into the cliff in a spectacular loop de loop.
I find that my mouse sensitivity is iffy too. Whereas my mouse movement is pretty smooth in other games, in this the crosshairs seem to move in discrete "jumps"...weird.

Also, the helicopters are a pain to take down without someone having a homing dart. You aim, fire your rocket and it curves down before hitting the damn thing.
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

gori11a
Yup really have mouse problems here to, and lag problems.
What do you mean "all the servers" i only get 3Frown
gori11a, if ya wanna add meWink I did send invites out but not workin i guess
if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

NaughtyMe

Gori11a wrote:
Yup really have mouse problems here to, and lag problems.
What do you mean "all the servers" i only get 3Frown
gori11a, if ya wanna add meWink I did send invites out but not workin i guess

No friends thing is borked.

I get loads of servers, there are atleast 6 killercreation.co.uk and some others...weird
click->

Fens
Had some good games tonight with Naughty, Homer and Nightbreed. Looking forward to the full release now!

Rofl teh cake
Press "Play Now" Button, land on a New Zealand server. What the fuck am I playing o_O

Hunt0r
Yeah im enjoying the game at the moment if not getting a little pissed at the lack of team work involved from team sniper!
Anyone wanna add me my name ingame as always is
Hunt0r

Hunt0r
btw guys just for all those who havent played many BF games

I don't know if this was posted before.

For the people that only have none or 1 point or don't have either BF2 or BF2142 and would like to increase their rank without buying the games, you could try the following:

Download BF2 demo or BF2142 demo, make a new account then register that account name at:

http://veteran.ba...

you have to play at least one game online to get the vet points btw

Edited by Hunt0r on 11-02-2010 01:05

Rofl teh cake
DLC store has been announced for Battlefield BC 2. Oh EA, why are you so money-horny Frown

NaughtyMe
http://www.youtube.com/user/SpongeFreakX

Full single player campaign videos.

Don't ruin your fun though, I just scanned brief views to see what I was in store for in terms of environment. I don't think I am going to be disappointed with the selection though.
click->

Exxy

Rofl teh cake wrote:
DLC store has been announced for Battlefield BC 2. Oh EA, why are you so money-horny Frown

It's EA, 'nuf said.
cleveridiot.com/images/exxysigsmaller.jpg

Undead2k
They also have first-day-free-dlc but its just a couple of maps. Why they didn't just include it in the game on release I don't know :/

Hate EA. Argh.

Rofl teh cake
Cos they want to cripple the used game market.
People who didn't buy this game new are now forced to pay 15$ or something to get this, while the people who buy a brand new copy get it for free.

wolflordandy

Rofl teh cake wrote:
Cos they want to cripple the used game market.
People who didn't buy this game new are now forced to pay 15$ or something to get this, while the people who buy a brand new copy get it for free.

/This

Its part of the new "$10 policy" thought up by someone up in the top offices of EA. Can't say I care all that much as it won't affect PC gamers too much with us not having 2nd hand games.

Jump to Forum