cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Clueless Update tf2
Masson
Thankful that valve actually update their game on what is a pretty damn often occasion
I don't know any other game ever made that gets updated with new content as often as TF2 does

tomregev
Be thankful that they at least give you the fucking option, oh yeah and all those maps and weapons I guess. I really hope they'll start selling hats just to shut up all those fucking whines.

NaughtyMe

tomregev wrote:
Be thankful that they at least give you the fucking option, oh yeah and all those maps and weapons I guess. I really hope they'll start selling hats just to shut up all those fucking whines.

Wow, you're really taking this to heart.

I think the base of the non-kiddie whine is not the fact "he has medal, I want", it was the fact the option of getting such "exotic toy" was restricted to a time when most of Europe were unable to take advantage of it, i.e. an ungodly hour for many.
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

tomregev
Guess it's an old army habit, getting annoyed by people whining about something you take for granted. Also no one mentioned medals, just the hats.

agrippa
yeah i agree with naughty. It doesnt matter what the item or event is, the EU, asian and every other gamer has every right to be treated equally compaired to the US gamer. Thats what im most annoyed about, its a minor thing but i dont like the idea of preferential treatment to any one group of people based on anything, let alone timezones.

Edited by agrippa on 14-08-2009 19:24

NaughtyMe

tomregev wrote:
Guess it's an old army habit, getting annoyed by people whining about something you take for granted. Also no one mentioned medals, just the hats.

Lets just have sex and agree my bottom is more svelte than yours.

Edited by NaughtyMe on 14-08-2009 19:39

click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

tomregev
Curse you for making me use a dictionary.

Mike
aaaand back on topic...

Team Fortress 2

Fixed "r_rootlod" being marked as a cheat, which prevented it from being changed and caused a significant performance loss for some GPUs

Changed "The Big Hurt" Scout achievement to be "Stun 2 Medics that are ready to deploy an ÃÅ“berCharge."

Fixed Announcer overtime bug on KOTH servers using mp_timelimit

Due to many requests, added server ConVar "tf_overtime_nag". When set to 1, it keeps the broken announcer behavior

Fixed tournament stopwatch not displaying the time in the HUD

Fixed a bug with cloak meter regen and drain rates

Fixed Spies not being able to go invis while reloading

Fixed pipebombs sticking to saw blades

Fixed weapons not being hidden properly during loser state anims

Fixed a case where radius damage didn't reduce damage to self

Fixes Demomen taking too much damage from their pipebombs

Fixed a case where items would never show up in the backpack, even though they were available to equip

Fixed a case where items weren't being validated properly in class loadout slots

Community requests

Removed centerprint texts for TF_FLAGTYPE_ATTACK_DEFEND CTF game mode

Changed TF_FLAGTYPE_ATTACK_DEFEND capture reward from 30 kills to 1 capture

Raven
With medals shouldve down it by continents really so america, europe etc instead of just america
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

tomregev

Fixed pipebombs sticking to saw blades

Awww, I liked making super saws of doom.

Cpt Obvious
Due to many requests, added server ConVar "tf_overtime_nag". When set to 1, it keeps the broken announcer behavior

I so hope this will be default enabled on ci Grin

Mike
No, please keep it off. The amount of idiots spamming "OVERTIME" got really annoying. It was funny the first time, but shouting it through the mic halfway through the next map just isn't funny.

vadoom
Is it me or they increased the normal range of stickies?

Stickies now bounce on CPs, it's sometimes very annoying and sometimes very handy (killing scouts on badlands at the beginning).

Armacoast
The bouncing stickies are a bug and lol at the rocket jumps but that should be fixed today!

The interesting thing is they are not finished in releasing new stuff!!!! Rumors say that they release more eastereggs next week. If you want more info about that read this here:http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-...post-85458
i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb118/Armacoast/9b3200whoa.gif

spaceboy
Yeah, I hope it gets fixed tonight, although I'm a tad concerned we might have to wait till Monday. Guess I'll try playing some more heavy till then Grin

tomregev
Well at least now I have a reason to use walljumps.

Mike

Team Fortress 2

Updated PL_Hoodoo. Changes from community mapmaker Tim Johnson:

"Added a balcony at 2-1 that I've rotated and cleaned up so it's a much better point, it attracts less sentry spam but is still holdable. 2-2 has a bit more breathing room and the one way route between BLU/RED spawn in stage 3 has gone and in its place some stairs up to the second level accessible from BLU's side."

Added "tf_ctf_bonus_time" ConVar to set the CritBoost bonus time for capturing the intelligence (0 to disable it)

Added "tf_arena_first_blood" ConVar to toggle the first blood feature in Arena mode (0 to disable it)

Added missing snowpuff particles for DX8 players

Fixed rocket jumping

Fixed sticky bomb attachment to props. They will now only ignore the saws in sawmill

Fixed Scouts going into reference pose in double jumps

Fixed the Ubersaw not displaying team colors

Fixed Spies disguised as RED Scouts not cloaking properly

Removed two more text messages for TF_FLAGTYPE_ATTACK_DEFEND CTF game mode

tomregev

"Added a balcony at 2-1 that I've rotated and cleaned up so it's a much better point, it attracts less sentry spam but is still holdable. 2-2 has a bit more breathing room and the one way route between BLU/RED spawn in stage 3 has gone and in its place some stairs up to the second level accessible from BLU's side."

Hoodoo's still shit, sentry farm just moved to a more visible location.

Added "tf_ctf_bonus_time" ConVar to set the CritBoost bonus time for capturing the intelligence (0 to disable it)

Yes.

Added "tf_arena_first_blood" ConVar to toggle the first blood feature in Arena mode (0 to disable it)

Took them long enough. Now the coconut cup can return to its former glory.

Fixed rocket jumping

I missed you so much Cry, please don't leave me again.

Oh and they forgot to add this to the update news:

game now crashes at the menu screen when started with dx8

Edited by tomregev on 18-08-2009 02:05

Leif
So what did they break this time Pfft?

Mike
This time they broke the whole game for dx8 users.

Jump to Forum