cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Battlefield 3
Mike
http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battl...r-now.aspx

Battlefield 3 is the true successor to Battlefield 2. Beyond our signature multiplayer, we have also included a full single-player campaign and a co-op campaign – all straight out of the box. As for fan favorite features, how does the return of jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer (on PC) sound? All this built with our powerful new game engine Frostbite 2, which you'll hear and see a lot of in the months leading up to launch. For the full reveal on Battlefield 3, stay tuned for links to our cover stories hitting the gaming press throughout February, starting with Game Informer right now.

Battlefield 3 will release this Fall. You can preorder the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition at www.battlefield.com now. The exact contents of the Limited Edition will be revealed around GDC.

Not a big fan of prone, but it's nice to hear the PC version's getting proper treatment.

Raven
As long as the speed of prone is not light speed like Black Ops

But yeah battlefield converted me from the shit of call of duty so im looking forward to it a bit Grin
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Exxy
Man, hope BF3 continues the style of BF2 and not BC2.

I like BC2 and everything, it's just that it didn't have the same feeling as BF2 had back in the days.
cleveridiot.com/images/exxysigsmaller.jpg

wolflordandy
Jets and Prone are back, while having an even better destructable terrain engine (frostbite 2.0 - BC2 is 1.5).

Can't wait to jump all over this.

Just hope the friends list is bigger... 20 people isn't enough :/

Exxy
I hope I can presuade my old BF1942/BF2 clan to come back to this, because then we can unite forces and pubstomp the everliving shit out of everything!

Humi
yep this will be awesome! Can't wait

NaughtyMe
Leaked gameplay:

http://rutube.ru/tracks/4170084.html?...9ed12808c6
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

Cpt Obvious
looking forward to this, actually have a machine that can run it good.
And finally... COOP! i have been waiting for a good fps coop on pc since borderlands.

NaughtyMe

Cpt Obvious wrote:
And finally... COOP! i have been waiting for a good fps coop on pc since borderlands.

Coop - wtf? No, I want to kill real people (playing virtual characters) not stupid AI. Why haven't you been playing BFBC2?
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

Exxy
Playing BC2 at the moment. Nothing as satisfying as blowing someones head off from across the map with the M95 :3

Mike
I hope the BF3 multiplayer will have more open maps like BF2. BC2's multiplayer is good but the cramped, funneled maps can be a bit tiresome sometimes.

I don't really care much for the singleplayer tbh. BC2's singleplayer was 'decent' at best and apparently Medal of Honour's wasn't great either.

Edited by Mike on 05-03-2011 12:41

Humi
as no one has posted the trailer of the first episode, here it is:

Cpt Obvious

NaughtyMe wrote:

Cpt Obvious wrote:

Coop - wtf? No, I want to kill real people (playing virtual characters) not stupid AI. Why haven't you been playing BFBC2?

I love coop, i grew up with console fps where sitting in one room was the best multiplayer so its close to my heart.

And i simply got enough games to play so not bothering with BC2. Rather wait for 3 and get it fresh.

Rofl teh cake
I love BFBC2, but the main game (not Vietnam) has been optimized so shitty, it sometimes hurts to play it. Hence I can't wait for 3, since they are doing everything for PC from scratch, they even scrapped Mirrors Edge 2 for it (I don't know how to feel about this, I loved ME, they better do it right)! Can't waaaaaaaaait <3

Cpt Obvious
http://games.on.n...EAs_Origin

Hooray everyone is forced to use a shitty version of steam to play this.

Mike
It doesn't actually say anywhere in the press release that you have to use Origins (worst name ever).

Here it says you can buy exclusive copies of BF3, but doesn't say the game itself requires the Origins client. Obviously you'll still need an EA account, but I'm guessing friends (etc) will still be built into the game.

Edited by Mike on 05-06-2011 14:47

Radoo
I saw the tanks and Paris gameplay... It looks impressive, to say the least...

Fens

Mike wrote:
It doesn't actually say anywhere in the press release that you have to use Origins (worst name ever).

Here it says you can buy exclusive copies of BF3, but doesn't say the game itself requires the Origins client. Obviously you'll still need an EA account, but I'm guessing friends (etc) will still be built into the game.

I am currently in the BF3 Alpha test, everything is launched/done via Origin. It would not suprise me at all if the final release required an Origin install, it is the perfect way for EA to get it on to people's pc's.
bfbc2.elxx.net/sig/userbar1/pc/Fens.png

Radoo
C R A Z Y

wolflordandy
Its been confirmed that you WILL need origin to run the game, however from what i'm hearing its not bad at all, hogs less resources then steam, doesnt run in the background when closed, etc.

Jump to Forum