cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » idle chat
 Print Thread
Cleveridiot FM? gaming radio for the Ci community
Cold
last night, i discussed very brielfly with sick, the idea of setting up a Cleveridiot internet radio station. It would be accessible both in game and out, similar to FragFM, with members of the Ci clan and community able to apply to DJ on it. When there was not a live DJ on it, hopefully it would play from an automatic playout server.

How many of you are interested in this happening? And do any of you have any experience of setting up / running something like this?

Raven
Sounds interesting but my music taste puts me out of it im afraid Grin
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Cold
i'm sure you are not the only one with your music taste raven, there would be nothing to stop you DJing on it if you wanted Smile

Exxy
I used to be a DJ for a smaller ShoutCAST radio.

I had an hour each week where I talked about eSport (Mostly CS and Quake 3) and other gaming news. And my music-taste was a bit special, but I still managed to run a cast (together with a friend) with about 75 listeners as our top peak Pfft

Cpt Obvious
Sounds cool, but im in the same boat as Raven. Smile

Masson
I never listen to interwebs radio

fefe
NOW YOU WILL DO MASSON !!!
yeah sounds cool I'm up for it
you only need to learn german Pfft
www.lolbase.net/EU/feliox/signature/0b3daa520.png

Tinger
I would be well up for this

the lightning
A cleveridiot radio would be fun.I'm possitive that we can get some ppl listening to it.
hlstatsx.cleveridiot.com/sig-187-random.png

Undead2k
I'm not the sort to listen to music while playing games like this. I find it hard enough to hear what people are saying over the mic :X

But the idea of listening to our own clan radio in or out of game sounds interesting :3

Leif
I'm probably up for it but who wants to listen to ABBA these days D:?

Exxy

Leif wrote:
I'm probably up for it but who wants to listen to ABBA these days D:?

I have a friend who is a hardcore ABBA fan. And I'll listen to Dancing Queen if I'm drunk enough Pfft

Solo
as long as it avoided pop music i'd give it a listen Grin
www.ziip.co.uk/ziipsigs/ziip_bc2.jpg

Cold
My idea was that the automatic playout server would have all sorts of music on it (prolly not much ABBA tho...) and then obviously DJs can play whatever they wish to play within the license rules (if we needed a license?)

Humi
my old cs clan had an internet radio and it was quite nice. We also used our IRC channel so that people could wish for songs or shoutouts. At peak times we had over 200 people in our chan which was great. But it was in germany and we also had to pay license fees or something, can't remember exactly anymore.

NaughtyMe
It's hard enough trying to convince people to play on the pub, how much conviction are you going to have to keep a regular radio station going!?

As it is, I NEVER listen to stuff when playing, I find it annoying and distracting! I have only used the radio a couple of times and that was simply because there was noone else on the server.

Therefore, you can probably count me out apart from if it needs someone to complain about things...
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

fefe
we should get a naguthy-swearing-hour Grin
www.lolbase.net/EU/feliox/signature/0b3daa520.png

spaceboy
Naughty has some compelling points Sad
Behold the wondrous return of Sheriff Pony!

Cold
ok, well that's the point of the thread, to guage people's interest (or lack of)

ur point about filling the server, i would say that you didn't used to have problems fil;ling the server. in fact, it used to be full every night. so hopefully once we get onto a winning formula with the radio we can just stick with it.

as for not listening to music, that's your call. i enjoy the distraction

wolflordandy
Will the radio be on all servers, i.e. the CSS ones as well? And will we be able to listen to it while out of game?

I don't listen to music in while playing games as I like to hear the spy that just decloaked behind me! lol.

I wouldnt mind doing a little bit of djing... or at least putting a playlist together.

WolfLordAndy's rock and indie hits of yesteryear!

Jump to Forum