cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
L4D2 Discussion
Mr Waffles
Discuss all L4D2 related shenanigans here!

Edited by Mr Waffles on 15-03-2010 22:17

Mike
Obviously, I don't have L4D2 so I don't know if they've changed this, but:

To stop randoms coming in, just password the server. When you connect via mm_dedi, it'll just send you to the server without asking for the password, but it'll still stop randoms coming in from matchmaking.

Mr Waffles

Mike wrote:
Obviously, I don't have L4D2 so I don't know if they've changed this, but:

To stop randoms coming in, just password the server. When you connect via mm_dedi, it'll just send you to the server without asking for the password, but it'll still stop randoms coming in from matchmaking.

The sv_search_key feature acts like a password and you need to know the search key before you can join it. Anyway I haven't seen any random pubbies joining my server so it's all good.

Mike
Heh, they probably fixed it since I stopped my l4d server, no matter what I tried, pubbies (What an awesome word) always managed to get onto the server. Only way around it was to password it.

Mr Waffles
I love playing the new Realism mode since is different to playing the normal campaigns. I notice the Desert Eagle (or Magnum Pistol as it's called in game) is so useful in Realism mode than it is in other modes because it one shots common zombies without needing to headshot. Also the lack of survivor glows makes you rely much more on communication in telling your teammates a hunter etc is on you since you can't rely on the survivors"™ danger glow anymore to warn you someone needs help.

tomregev
Yeah realism is a lot of fun, the no glow takes some getting used to but luckily captions can still tell you someone's in trouble. Realism on expert though is just self abuse. First time I saw someone actually needing the defibrillator, didn't even know it's a one shot item.

I haven't seen him myself but apparently there's a chance of zombie Jimmy Gibbs spawning and that's just awesome.

Mr Waffles
I had a great Team VS game with me, raven, obvious and matswatz on Dead Center. We won by about 100 points and the standout part of the game was matswatz being pulled out the elevator just as the doors close on teh finale map (just like NM4 elevators in L4D1). With no ragequitting you usally get in pubs we had an amazing game.

Edited by Mr Waffles on 21-11-2009 16:25

Cpt Obvious
I wish i could play as charger only.

Raven
Yeah was jolly fun and were against a great team. good sportmanship

I am glad that the scoring system in for versus in l4d2 is better than l4d1

instead of having that health bonus and that score multiplier for difficulty of campaigns its just how far you get and the number of survivors that make it its much more balanced scoring system

Also if both teams make it to safe room with all survivors it does another point system which is the team that did most infected damage and gives that amount as points.

Grin

img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

tomregev
Finally got around to versus, never saw a team make it to the safehouse. Still getting used to the new infected, I'm a terrible chargerSad.
Like I feared the spitter is really powerful when it has other specials to work with, maybe they need to slow the spitting or something to give survivors a chance to take it out before it spits, perhaps make it a less common spawn.
Smoker hit detection seems to have improved which is great as it's my favorite Grin

Edited by tomregev on 21-11-2009 16:41

Cpt Obvious
To counter the improved smoker, boomer has terrible hit detection and charger will pretty much trip on pieces of paper and completely stop his charge.

Mr Waffles

Cpt Obvious wrote:
To counter the improved smoker, boomer has terrible hit detection and charger will pretty much trip on pieces of paper and completely stop his charge.

Lol, or in today's Team VS case, the charger charge attack is stopped by cardbaord boxes.

Mr Waffles
Anyone know there favoutite campaign yet? Hard Rain with its fantastic weather wins it for me.

tomregev
Hard rain was stunning when I first played it and still brings a smile to my face whenever the rain picks up. Dead center and swamp fever are pretty boring and linear though I like the villa finale in SF, especially how the gun overheating is actually a problem as it doesn't cool down in 2 seconds like in l4d1.

As far as finales goes dark carnival has the best one, I was really disappointed by the bridge in "the parish", I thought it would be a lot more chaotic and have jets flying around blowing stuff up like in the trailer but it had nothing but zombies and felt more like a mid campaign crescendo than a finale.

Edited by tomregev on 22-11-2009 15:20

Humi
yea the weather in hard rain is really well done, it adds so much to the atmosphere!

fefe

uberhomer wrote:
yea the weather in hard rain is really well done, it adds so much to the atmosphere!

+1
www.lolbase.net/EU/feliox/signature/0b3daa520.png

Raven
Dark carnival has the best finale, while hard rain with the sugar factory an weather makes it a good campaign
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Mr Waffles
Does anyone like the new Miltary Sniper Rilfe? I'm happy now the HR and MSR are now useful in VS and Scavnege becasue they're a lot more accurate on the move. In L4D1, the HR was an underpowered and underused weapon.

tomregev
I was never a fan of sniper rifles, don't have good enough aim to make use of them, also they make pretty poor anti tank weapons.

Cpt Obvious
Yes waffles yes! Only weapon i use when its available.
For tanks i spam them when they are far then go rambo with melee when they dont aim me.

Jump to Forum