cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
MW2, too much?
Rofl teh cake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NMnnM...J-0&fmt=18

I don't know how to feel after seeing this. I just thought I might post this. And hear general opinions and all. Its from MW2, I suppose, so contains spoilers. Has this crossed the line of being called entertainment?
Also, here some multiplayer gameplay. Contains the use of a chopper and a tactical nuke. You heard right, a nuke. Instantly ends the game, I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prK-lm...rK-lmQzyDo

Edited by Rofl teh cake on 08-11-2009 22:10

Leif
Gaaah why do I always click link first and read later D:
And yeah Cake what's in that video will probably reach the news pretty quickly. I still find it strange that this game isn't banned in Germany yet. I heard that IW made it an option to play this mission or not, just so they have something to defend themselves with.

Edited by Leif on 08-11-2009 22:12

NaughtyMe
Oh fuck off - in GTA you can mow down pedestrian after pedestrian and face fuck policeman left right and centre. Whoop-de-fucking-doo.

click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

Leif
Yeah I know but this feels like something different. In GTA you have the option to kill civilians, here it is the mission, if you don't do it you can't play any further. That's what I think the media will react to.

Edited by Leif on 08-11-2009 22:39

Cold

Leif wrote:
Yeah I know but this feels like something different. In GTA you have the option to kill civilians, here it is the mission, if you don't do it you can't play any further. That's what I think the media will react to.

no. you are actually given the option to skip this part of the game and continue to the part after it.

Cpt Obvious
that's pretty awesome, and good tactic to create controversy.
It's just a game anyway no big deal.
Some people have never seen GTA or Manhunt if that is startling Grin

edit: Watched the nuke vid and strangely wanted to play, TF2 is great but i love the little realism things like going prone and blending in Grin

Edited by Cpt Obvious on 08-11-2009 23:13

wolflordandy
Its already causing giant stir in Australia (which has no 18 rating, just 15) so they're either gonna have to cut this bit out, or not release it there...

Oh, and these videos have been around for a good couple weeks now Wink

fefe
hmm omg ._.
www.lolbase.net/EU/feliox/signature/0b3daa520.png

Humi
In the german version you are not allowed to kill the civilians, you have to watch the AI killing them. If you kill someone then the mission resets.

matswatz
This is different from GTA. I don't see why this had to be added to the game.
Yeah, my opinion.

gori11a
If it moves...SHOOT ITBandit
if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

Hunt0r

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Activision Publishing, Inc

BAH

Humi
http://www.theonion.com/content/video...rn_warfare

Cpt Obvious
Buying the wii version for sure Grin

Undead2k
Its just a game. Why do people get so emotional and worked up about this sort of thing. :/

Haha the Wii version will probably have the dedicated servers we all want Pfft

Also, guess who the host is in this picture :X (from the pc version);
http://img121.ima.../iwnet.jpg

alecom
Gotta love how they don't quantify the pings numerically...

wolflordandy

alecom wrote:
Gotta love how they don't quantify the pings numerically...

You mean the fact green is proberbly 1-100, yellow is 100-200, and red is 200+?

Now, I've gone on american tf2 servers sometimes and get a ping of 100ish, and its playable, but I do lag like hell and get kills I shouldnt, and occationally die when I shouldnt... but i daren't imagine that lag in MW2 :/

Fens
Played a few hours solid of MP last night and have to say I really enjoyed it. Maps are good, new weapons/perks/tags are fun, did not experience any lag and the new killstreaks are nuts (chopper gunner and ac130 are insane, can easily rack up 20 kills or so with those)

Yes IW.net, host migration and no dedicated servers are all crap and there were times when I felt that 9v9 was a little small but meh, still really enjoyed it - have hardly touched the sp!

alecom
I stole a go at my bro's xbox copy, played the sp - the campaign was good fun and very intense at times.. but hell, that story is a mess. Rather, it wasn't so much a story, but a string of exciting and confusing events. Though at times, the story was a bit silly that I got a bit frustrated with it dragging on.

There's also the special op's missions, which are just a challenge mode. Now, if you have 2 players it's VERY good fun (someone gunning the rocket-minigun chopper, while the other tries to safely reach his objective on foot). There's some good variety, but it's a lot easier if you've played the campaign so you know where you're going.

mp I didn't bother with, since I didn't want to embarrass myself - I just watched my brother since he's pretty good, and the new perks looked pretty cool. I love the predator missile (remote control kamikaze!) . But yeah, I could see the lag at times.. except when his console was chosen to host Pfft

Rofl teh cake
YouTube Video

No deds prevents cheating, yeah.

Edited by Rofl teh cake on 12-11-2009 15:28

Jump to Forum