cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
SPUF69 - Pubstars vs Comp Allstars
spaceboy
This is quite a cool little community event thingy on the steam forums:

[url]http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=912874
[/url]

To summarise it's an exhibition match between a team of pub players playing in Highlander format (9 players, 1 playing each class) versus an all star competitive team playing Cevo/ETF2L style (6 players, 2 class limit with 1 for med, 1 for demo). There was a previous match before they introduced it to the steam forums which I watched the demos for (which can be found here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums...p?t=910706) and it was very entertaining (especially as the pub team were using in game voice comms... they were adorableSmile ).

Looks like a nice way to bring the dedicated pub/competitive communities together and they're planning to make them a regular once a week occurrence with games taking place in both America and the EU. If anyone's interested in taking part on the pub side (we've got plenty of pubstars!) then they can sign up in the thread below and play some of the best in the world:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums...p?t=914655

Byesies!

Edited by spaceboy on 09-07-2009 22:48

Rofl teh cake
Wow, this sounds so awesome. I'd love to play.

spaceboy
I think everyone wants to see you play Cake Grin .. although personally I'd be terrified.. the initial American one had like 500-600 people watching on STV Shock

Cpt Obvious
will definately try that someday.

Leif
Bring in the Cleveridiot pubstars I say!

Sammage
definitely worth trying! sounds like a great idea

Leif
Nono Sammage don't get any ideas, I'm the one that's going to play scout!

tomregev
The European comp lineup is insane.

And even though we're div6 you guys aren't pubstars, especially Sammage.

Edited by tomregev on 10-07-2009 00:13

spaceboy
Lol, yeah Sammage should be in the comp team Pfft

Radoo
Nice idea! Rock Would you implement it to CI? That would be nicer. Party I wanna play on PubStars team as (guess what?) Pyro. Giggle

Abunai
I CALL SPY BEFORE AGRIPPA READS THIS GrinDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
i32.tinypic.com/1zqpwyv.jpg

krakyn
Yeah any league play excludes you from the pub team so no one from Ci could get in, the rest of you should apply. And even if you don't make it try and watch.

That EU team is pretty close to the teams suggested for an all-star game, whereas in the 1st USA team I only recognise Jaeger and DL and DL doesn't play at that high a level he's just awesome at spy/sniper. As such expect the comp players to role over them, the USA team only lost one map and it was pl where raw numbers can make a huge difference and no one plays it in the comp scene. Sad

Edit: just saw those 2 didn't even play Frown

Edited by krakyn on 10-07-2009 13:06

spaceboy
Yeah, that was a little disappointing :'( DL was great in the first game they had from the other forum; he could like double jump around on the spot and kill 5 people in a row as the pub team wasn't very good and couldn't hit him Smile

Leif

Rayden wrote:
Nice idea! Rock Would you implement it to CI? That would be nicer.

I think that's a quiet good idea actually, although it might be hard to find enough people with mic for the pubteam.

spaceboy
It might be fun to try... although I'm really not sure we're good enough to stand up to a 9 man team; even the pros lost badwater and I'm sure our regs are better than that pubstar team Wink We could get rolled easily! Mute

Leif
Come on Spacey it will be fun Wink

Rofl teh cake
Yes. We'll get rolled. But anyways, worth a try.

spaceboy
Oh yeah sure, not like the prospect of getting beaten has ever stopped me playing TF2 before Grin

.. so yeah if anyone else would be interested in taking part in such a thing then post here, otherwise I guess it's a moot point Wink

Edited by spaceboy on 10-07-2009 17:49

Page

Rayden wrote:
Nice idea! Rock Would you implement it to CI? That would be nicer. Party I wanna play on PubStars team as (guess what?) Pyro. Giggle

I challenge you for the right! (Although pyro/pyro battles are nowhere near as good as airblasting Cake's rockets Roll)

Spaceboy wrote:
It might be fun to try... although I'm really not sure we're good enough to stand up to a 9 man team; even the pros lost badwater and I'm sure our regs are better than that pubstar team Wink We could get rolled easily! Mute

I remember the days when CI stack was a guaranteed epic fail Pfft

spaceboy
Oooow hey, the European version is gonna be on http://www.quadv.com/ Grin

Jump to Forum