cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Sniper Update
sick-lizard
http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?...hp?id=2477

tomregev
Most snipers are cowards by nature, so for them to pick up this new weapon it got to have some serious upsides to it. Either it'll be overpowered as hell or balanced and won't be used by anyone.

Rofl teh cake
Toms post, word by word.

spaceboy
Yeah, hard to kill people up close while cowering in your own spawn door Pfft

Raven
up close weapons sounds interesting Smile
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

agrippa
if the sniper is made to be alot like a quake rail gun then the calss gets a whole new dynamic.

as a small side note ::For the love of all things ppl can we be adult enough to wait for the update before we complain about balance and nerfing. Ive seen any number of posts before every class update with people complaining about the additional free content that is keepign the player base playign the game. Id have loved BF2 to have the kind of dev support that tf2 is getting.

militant camel
You won't be so calm when they announce Sniper back armour to prevent backstabs. Wink

spaceboy
Awwwwwww, poor pre-emptively crotchity Grippa Smile Would that such sentiments were likely to be adhered to Grin

tomregev
Don't think anyone's complaining yet, I'd like to see snipers getting closer to the action. I'm just saying I don't think the snipers would.

Cpt Obvious
I would love a sidegrade like that, one of the reasons i suck as a sniper (besides bad aim) is that i just cba to stick at one spot and aim at a doorway, if i dont see enemies i run around looking for them... and die.

alecom
So long as they still have a headshot crit thingy Innocent

Mike
I use the default rifle up close anyway, so this concept doesn't sound that new to me. It's what they swap the SMG for that worries me.

Butching up my soldier skills for the update, ain't gonna stand beside 4/5/6 other snipers on a team. Any chance of class limits again when the update hits?

Raven
perfect time to go spy and do some backstabbing Smile

Masson
http://www.teamfo...perupdate/

Cpt Obvious
Oh wow did not expect it this soon.

spaceboy
WEEEEE update!.. I'm not going to prejudge that weapon lest I antagonise poor Grippy! Wink (Although if I was going to I'd say that I don't happen to like stun effects ..but we don't know how this will actually work so maybe it's awesome and not annoying at all! It might not even BE a stun effect.. maybe only the dead bodies get stuck to walls.. like a new gib effect kinda thing Grin)

Edited by spaceboy on 12-05-2009 21:35

Leif
Me neither, sounds like a good weapon Grin

tomregev
From the looks of it it's like a sniper rifle with no zoom but with 1 sec charge time. This fits into the whole getting close to battle theme they've been promoting as you won't get kills over distance but you'll still do good damage up close with the short charge time.

I fear the thought of competitive snipers holding this.

Edited by tomregev on 12-05-2009 21:54

Raven
Its an interesting concept and i like the looks of it Smile hpoefully it wont have any stun effect Smile

fefe
yeah ! no more stun !

Jump to Forum