cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
CI community frag movie
aDamN
Hey everyone!

The last few weeks I've been preparing and gathering in-game material and software for the creation of a new CI community frag movie :) I'm having a great time observing how you all play, with your devious little point-collecting tactics and antics.

Somewhere between 20-25 players will be featured, as the project would become too great for anything more. I was originally planning on this being a secret project.

However, I found that gathering all the material by myself is too big a job, because most of you don't really play very aggressively (multi-kill) :/ So, I'm offering you to send in your demos to me, and I will take it from there.

I've asked some of you, already, and I will ask some more, but for the time being, I'd prefer if anyone interested could upload their .dem-files to an online host, so I could reach them easily.

A few rules:

- zip or rar your .dem
- Don't make the demo contain too much content (10-20 minutes is good)
- You have to post which class (maximum 2) is your main, so I can focus on that.
- I need 3-5 good scenes from a demo, so don't worry about having to upload "perfect" demos where you never die. Don't worry, you sluts, I won't judge you.
- Only content from the CI public server (it's a community movie, remember :p)
- Demos which show cooperation with you and other members are highly encouraged

Thanks to everyone who wishes to partake ^_^

Leif
Will do Grin

spaceboy
Yar indeedy! I believe I may have one somewhere Smile

Cpt Obvious
Ooh interesting idea. Time to start some demoing i guess, and play rawr agressive!

Rofl teh cake
good idea, gonna rar and upload asap. Grin

BiGFooT
Nice idea but my ragekill meter is probably empty for this month Sad And I don't even have experience with recording Grin

Rofl teh cake
Just type record "name of demo" in console and there you go. Send it to Adamn, expect him make something good out of it.

tomregev
Try helping the poor guy out by attaching a text file with the ticks for the kills you want to show.

fefe
wee

wolflordandy
where does the demo get record to? somewhere in the valve folder i'm guessing?

tomregev
drive: progrem files\steam\steamapps\your account\team fortress2\tf

Edited by tomregev on 26-04-2009 21:56

Fionny
Will sort one out for you Smile

Fionny
Rapidshare keeps failing on me anyway i can email or something? 13mb file

aDamN
yeah just go ahead and send it to

wolflordandy
more retarded questions ahoi...

are there any quick commands for controlling the demo, play/pause/ff/rewind etc.

Or somthing that notes time through the video (only have the round timer to go by atm)

krakyn
put demoui or demoui2 in console or press shift+F2 i think, will give you all those sort of options. Smile

spaceboy
Hey aDamN are you still planning to do this? If so I've got a couple demos I should probably send you before the update happens and they go out of date.. if not then, errr don't worry Grin

BiGFooT
I have given this up because I can't ragekill while I know I'm recording :X

wolflordandy
I must admit, I play really shit when recording. Anyone else wanna sneakily record me, feel free Pfft

Leif

wolflordandy wrote:
I must admit, I play really shit when recording. Anyone else wanna sneakily record me, feel free Pfft
Captain Obvious did that for me Grin

Jump to Forum