cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Stupid things...
agrippa
We've all done them. i did a thread like this ages ago but having seen one on steam forums i decided to repost some of my recent tf2 train wrecks:::

*I have friendly disguises bound to keys on my keyboard so that i can blend into a crowd. I have had a few occassions recently where i forgot to change and decloaked near a turret that wasted no time in wasting me, quite stupid. One round did the same thing three times to the same pair of turrets. Very stupid.

*I tried rocket jumping when disguised as an friendly sollie, quite silly.

*Runing directly at a sniper as he is aiming at someone behind me, silly.

I know im not the only silly one here, time to share Smile

Edited by agrippa on 29-03-2009 23:20

Leif
Shouting "Need a dispenser here" behind an enemy heavy which resulted in that he turned around and fired at me. I died later on.

tomregev
I have a sticky jump script that I sometimes use to just jump around when I'm bored or in setup, sometimes I do it while I'm a medic with a full uber.

Turbine, I have full kritz, me and a soldier cleared the intel room, I got the intel. On the way to our intel room we run into 3 enemy players, I keep trying to use the kritz and I don't understand why it doesn't work. Only after we both died I remembered you can't uber with the intel.

wolflordandy
A few...

*Attempting to rocket jump after killing off a load of enemies, only to explode as I had no health left.

*Running on fire to the nearest medic, only to realise the medic has my name... and is stabbing me in the face.

*Today, trying to run out to first point on egypt, only to get trapped by the rising doors, then, the ceiling came down and crushed me Sad

Ramini
Today, joining a game and immediately going spy. Automatically hitting 4-3 to disguise as a pyro just to get to the front lines.
Looping around the point where theres a fight going on, cheer as the reds are winning. The point is capped and I move on with the rest of the team.. back the way I spawned.. hang on a minute...
The weird thing was was that I was so convinced I was one of the red team I was treating them as allies and nobody suspected a thing.

Also I had my spy sense tingling a bit later on as a sniper. Ignored it since there wasn't a spy on the other team and it got stronger, my stomach actually hurting. Stab. Its a real sixth sense developed by survival from Agrippa see Pfft

Cpt Obvious
Happened to me with Cake some time ago on goldrush 1.
We both were spies and got to their spawn. Then we smartly decided to both stab the same heavy and instead of stabbing the heavy we managed to stab each other while clipping thru each other until someone spawned and killed us.

agrippa
a few more from me and a couple of things ive seen other people do:

*I got rumbled in the middle area of turbine by a sollie running for health. I cloaked and got away, sollie forgot his health problem, paniced and killed himself with a rocket to his feet. Silly

*We had locke tryign to build flame turrets on pl_goldrush for a good while. He'd been away for a few months and was silly enough to ask me what had changed. I also seem to remember him tryign to use the scout parachute unlock...

*I keep getting stuck in doors to spawn areas. Makes me look very silly when 4 or 5 enemy spawn and i cant move.

*I've been hadouken'd while cloaked. When its someone on your friends list who did it then its also quite bad.

*I cant play demoman, i have never once sucessfully completed a sticky jump. Thats upsettingly silly.

*"Mate dont build turrets next to eachother, they are easy for an ubered demo"
"STFU Noob"
{Ci} Raven kills turret ({Ci} AgrippA)
{Ci} Raven kills turret (The other Engie)
{Ci} Raven kills {Ci} AgrippA
{Ci} Raven kills The other Engie
The other Engie disconnected

*On one of the maps on tc_hydo there is a cavern with a crack in the middle where you fall to your doom, but its a useful shortcut to avoid bumbing into charging enemies. Laughed my ass off watching two cloaked spies bump into eachother while jumping across from opposite directions.

Edited by agrippa on 01-04-2009 16:57

krakyn

AgrippA wrote:
*We had locke tryign to build flame turrets on pl_goldrush for a good while. He'd been away for a few months and was silly enough to ask me what had changed. I also seem to remember him tryign to use the scout parachute unlock...

So much fun, made it for me when he said "krakyn you'll tell me the truth are these real unlocks or is Agrippa just winding me up?" took me about a milli second to reply they were real Devil

tomregev
Turbine, I wanted to sticky jump to the enemy balcony, set up the sticky and before I got to it a sniper hit me, which didn't stop me from going over the sticky and detonating it.

On the rare occasions that I play spy, after being set on fire my instincts for some reason tell me to cloak.

While playing pl_frontier I tried to stop the cart by jumping in front of it.

Jumping in front of a lvl3 sentry while ubered.

Not really stupid, but unlucky: one time on dustbowl 3 I saw a heavy leaving spawn just as blue captured the first point, the spawn door closed and killed him.

alecom

AgrippA wrote:

Hahaha that was brilliant, loved those games.

AgrippA wrote:
*On one of the maps on tc_hydo there is a cavern with a crack in the middle where you fall to your doom, but its a useful shortcut to avoid bumbing into charging enemies. Laughed my ass off watching two cloaked spies bump into eachother while jumping across from opposite directions.

Wish I had seen that! lol

Sammage
On dustbowl 1 second cap point on defense I want to get into the room behind the one-way door as a heavy. If I'm looking at the door no-one opens it, so I tried turning around and backing into the door to trick people that I wasn't paying attention. And it worked a couple of times so I kept doing it.

People learnt pretty fast, and the rest of the times I did it I was greeted with friendly backstabs and big piles of stickies from the people behind the door.

Locke
Damnit! not only did you trick me, you mock me here aswell Sad

I'm gonna have to kill you both (Krakyn and Agrippa!)
img238.imageshack.us/img238/4091/lockesig1po8.jpg

Epic Quotes from Mr Lazor - "time for a penis break". and "is crit japanese for clit?".

Cold
whenever I go spy, fail at a backstab and have to resort to the pistol I either end up trying to sap the person shooting as me or disguising in front of them... panic takes over and i never end up pressing 1 Sad
then there was the other night, saw 2 agrippas, shot and one of them so the other 1 came and stabbed me while i had decided to pick off the real agrippa (on my team Sad )

-un-faithful
my new flunk, and i have so many, is to try and get an air blow-back out of my medi-gun. dont do drugs kids...... or this could happen to you too.
Chill =]

Mike

AgrippA wrote:

I think I know the crack you're talking about. One time I fell down it, but I landed on the edge of the doorframe to the sewer, which isn't connected to the trigger_kill. So I just sat there watching all the fighting above, laughing at all the bodies occasionally dropping from the crack. Just as I was getting bored, Mr White got caught in a blast and landed right next to me.

"Ah, I've been knocked off. Oh I've landed on the door....Oh, hello Mike, what are you doing down here?"

We just stayed there for the rest of the round because if we jumped down we would've died Smile

Unfortunatly, the other team won, and just after the round ended an enemy soldier (finally) saw us and fired a crit rocket at us.

Edited by Mike on 07-04-2009 13:00

agrippa

Mike wrote:
"...Oh, hello Mike, what are you doing down here?"

That had me laughing hard Grin I almost heard Mr White's voice in my head when i read that.

BTW thanks to locke for reminding me about this last night; when we were winding him I told him that spies could fire fake bullets while disguised. To the enemy team the bullets/grenades/rockets looked real, but the friendly team sees a little flag come out of the revlover with the words "bang" written on it, like this::
www.thecostumer.com/cfwebstore/images/Costumer%20Images/banggun_thumb.jpg
Im a horrible person and im going to hell.

Now for karmas sake, some stupid things ive done:

*I've sneezed with a kruber ready and triggered it on noone Sad

*Not so much stupid but unfortunate. medic krubered me as a sollie, my second or third shot was reflected and killed my medic (Sorry tex!) Sad

*watching an anime dvd in the background while playing and i started singing the intro after speaking ingame, i was still transmitting oc (and im a really really bad singer).

Thats all that comes to me now, but ive got loads more, just a shitty memory, i know they will come to me sooner or later.

sick-lizard
on the first defense of goldrush I keep going to the gates for the 2nd defense and wonder where everyone is until the gates don't open then face & palm meet Smile

I'm also the worlds worst sticky jumper so coninualy die whilst trying to improve, and more often than not blow myself up when trying to fight at close quarters as a demo man rather than switch to melee.

As medic have had some epic fails trying to jump over stickies genarlly whilst carrying a full uber Sad this dosen't happen very often anymore Smile

krakyn
I once triggered uber before the start of the round on gravel pit because I had spilt water near my mouse. I didn't notice till someone yelled at me on comms. Sad

Edited by krakyn on 08-04-2009 16:46

Rofl teh cake
I remember that...during a goddamn clan match lol. X)

spaceboy
Ha ha ha.. yeah that was amazing Grin

Jump to Forum