cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Big TF2 Update in the next few days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Armacoast
Maybe someone read it on the offical Tf2 Blog but any way:http://www.teamfortress.com/

Rock So they update 2 classes at the same time: Spy and Engi! I hope that they don't mean in a few days in valve timeShock.
i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb118/Armacoast/9b3200whoa.gif

Mike
I'm not too happy with the idea of dispensers giving out metal quicker, as that'll promote engies to camp behind their sentries more.

Very happy with the spy cloaking feature, though Smile

Cpt Obvious
omg omg omg cant wait.
AND ITS OVER 1 DAY OLD INFO? damn how could i miss it...

edit: its just a small update for engie/spy/medic and the next main class update will be scout.

Edited by Cpt Obvious on 12-12-2008 01:21

Cpt Obvious
UPDATING RIGHT NOW! (not scout part ofc)

Also YES YES YESSSS DEMOMAN NERF!!!
All weapons that shoot bullers now have a chance to COMPLETELY DESTROY sticky bombs.
Woot justice.

Leif
Incredible news Armacoast Grin.
I can already imagine dustbowl, the blue team with nothing more than spies and red team with only engineers Grin.
"The next class pack will be the Scout. One of the main goals we're focusing on for him has been to provide tools that make him useful in maps like Dustbowl & Goldrush."
It's like they're reading my thoughts Shock.

Edited by Leif on 12-12-2008 01:50

krakyn
http://store.steampowered.com/news/2098/

I have to say I like it all tbh.

The demo nerf isn't that big at all, you could already move stickes with those weapons anyway and any sticky that can be seen to be shot at should have been blown up already or was badly placed. Roll
Shall be fun trying all this out and seeing if spies can recharge cloak enough to get all the way across a map invisible Grin

alecom
"We're also working on bringing over a variety of engine improvements from Left 4 Dead into the TF2 engine, but it won't be a wholesale replacement of the engine"

awesome!

and yeah Krakyn, I was thinking that too xD (about the spy being invisible the whole time)

Scout update.. I WAS WRONG DAMNIT Shock

Hungover Engie
This is wonderful, I thought TF2 had been left for dead, but they've returned! Yes, oh god yes!!

Achievement, Action Engineer: Kill a Heavy and his Medic defending a capture point while Battleshouting.
www.teamfortress.com/engineerupdate/images/achievements/THE_EXTINGUISHED_GENTLEMAN.jpg

spaceboy
Who thought one teeny tiny update could make a man so happy Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin!!! Potentially this is a huge buff for Mr Spy (although a slight nerf for soldier as is anything that takes ammo off the battlefield)... I'm so excited! I'm sure Ci will be full tonight Grin Can't wait to see what the cool new stuff looks like Grin ... also on a general level I'm just delighted that this signifies that valve hasn't given up on TF2.. which I was beginning to sort of fear.

Hungover Engie
I think I'm going to shed a man tear. I'm so happy, it hurts!
www.teamfortress.com/engineerupdate/images/achievements/THE_EXTINGUISHED_GENTLEMAN.jpg

Armacoast
The spy update is really funny. If you stay cloaked near a dispenser, the cloak stops to decrease and if you have 2 dispenser, the cloak refill to the max. Only tested with Lv 1 dispenser. Maybe you can refill the cloak with only 1 Lv3 dispenser.

Dispensers Levels: Lv1: 40+ Lv2: 50+ Lv3: 60+ !

The demoman nerf... I don't know what i think about that... first the soldier, now the demoman.... time the search a new main class to play.....
i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb118/Armacoast/9b3200whoa.gif

Rofl teh cake
... Fuck scouts.
The spy update.. A wish came true, but nothing groundshaking

Raven
likin the spy cloak update, as practically most of the time spies die from running out of cloak at the wrong time Drunk

Tele update is deal especially to reduce the amount of engis on blu team sometimes Smile
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

spaceboy
I like how at the same time they made the spy better they also made one of his jobs more important as taking out enemy tele entrances will now be a lot more useful to your team Grin

agrippa
fear me now if you didn't before...

Hungover Engie
Damn... we're all fucked now.

But can you resist the lure of a lvl 3 teleporter?

Raven
had a quick go of the updates and the dispenser is like a transformer when gets to lvl 3 Drunk
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Masson

Raven wrote:
had a quick go of the updates and the dispenser is like a transformer when gets to lvl 3 Drunk

it looks minted Pfft
and the lvl 3 teleporters recharge in about 10 ish seconds

Cpt Obvious

Masson wrote:

Raven wrote:

it looks minted Pfft
and the lvl 3 teleporters recharge in about 3 ish seconds

Fixed it for you

Hungover Engie
It's a dispenser on steroids... O_O

Jump to Forum