cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » idle chat
 Print Thread
Brand and Ross suspended by BBC
Mike
http://news.bbc.c...696714.stm

Just as well, they're both twats imo

sick-lizard
its all gone monty python, questions in the house of commons ffs haven'y they got anything better to talk about. Whoever approved the broadcast wants shooting lol, but Ross & Brand were a bit ott & probably won't be repeating this kind of call anytime soon.. I suppose it gives the population a break from economic news Grin

Edited by sick-lizard on 29-10-2008 12:18

Say
I don't mind Jonathon Ross ... but Russell Brand's a cock.

spaceboy
Russell Brand is a comedy genius! I love that guy Grin .. although proving myself utterly opposed to everything Say stands for I'm not massively keen on Jonathan Ross Pfft

Cold

Spaceboy wrote:
Russell Brand is a comedy genius! I love that guy Grin

www.ihasaflavor.com/lolcats/gtfo-my-internets.jpg

Edited by Cold on 29-10-2008 14:33

spaceboy
Ha ha ha.. have you ever listened to his radio show? It's funny man Grin If you've only ever seen him in interviews or on Big Brother's Big Mouth then I can totally see why you'd think he was a dick though.

Say

Spaceboy wrote:
Russell Brand is a comedy genius! I love that guy Grin .. although proving myself utterly opposed to everything Say stands for I'm not massively keen on Jonathan Ross Pfft

you git.

I've heard him on the radio and I think he's a cock. I think he looks like a twat. Sounds like an idiot and dresses like a blindman in a charity shop.

I hate the man.

Locke
Spaceboy your the only person I have EVER spoken to who likes him.

He's a compleat reject twat heroin junky who's idea of stand up is more "stand up and fuck off so a proper comedian can take the stage."
img238.imageshack.us/img238/4091/lockesig1po8.jpg

Epic Quotes from Mr Lazor - "time for a penis break". and "is crit japanese for clit?".

spaceboy
Yeah I know, I haven't met anyone else who does either Grin .. and yet he's supposedly wildly popular.. I wonder where all his other fans are hiding Grin

Tim
They're all 13 year-old girls.

The guy is a massive twat.

Rofl teh cake
What do those 2 guys do? And what did they do to get suspended, too lazy to read the whole text in your language.

Cold
Well spaceboy, since he has now resigned from radio 2, he can now be a twat in your eyes as well Smile

krakyn
They are both "comedians" with radio and TV shows, they phoned up an old actor from the FANTASTIC Fawlty towers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fawlty_T...lty_Towers and said Brand had slept with his granddaughter. They did this about 4 times and since Brand is know to sleep with any women foolish enough to be near him for too long its not unbelievable. The pre-recorded show was then put on air, so ultimately its the director or producers fault and all it reflects on them is they are not as funny as they thought.

The British press has as always blown it out of all proportion.

agrippa
russel brand really isnt funny.

Ramini

Krakyn wrote:The British press has as always blown it out of all proportion.

QFT Grin
Today pages 1 2 and 3 of the paper my parents get was given over to it. the economy was pushed back to 4 or 5 (though I'm fed up of hearing about that too Pfft)

Leeroy
To be fair it was sickening to hear that 2 unfunny morons such as Jonathan "I have stupid hair" Ross and Russell "I look like a flock of seagulls gone wrong wannabe" Brand took the piss out of an absolute comic genius, our beloved Manuel.

It was when Jonathan ross shouted down the microphone "He fucked your Grand-Daughter" that I went red in the face and was tempted to write a complaint myself.

The whole program was a complete disgrace and considering it was (as the news said) pre-recorded there was no reason for it to be aired.

In my opinion sack the both of them and the flipping bosses!!!!

**Rant Over**

With love Leeroy Pfft

Cold
bbc radio 2 controller just resigned as well as brand

Leeroy

Cold wrote:
bbc radio 2 controller just resigned as well as brand

Bonus

krakyn
Why does the controller need to resign? I doubt she knew anything of the whole thing till it made the press, its the middle level guys that listened to it and approved it. Why do high level managers get away with huge bonuses when they have run a company into the ground yet others have to resign for things that are not their fault. Angry Pop

At least Ross and Brand won't get as much work for a while.

Edited by krakyn on 30-10-2008 20:14

Locke
Ross's humour has always been very edgy and theirs a fine line between it being comical and it being insulting / childish.

I think Brand brought out the more childish side in Ross in this case, I don't think he should be sacked for it. I don't see why so many people dislike him, My theory is that it's because he's so bloody successful and paid well. Most the time he's alright and Friday Night With Johnathan Ross and Film 2008 are quality shows.
img238.imageshack.us/img238/4091/lockesig1po8.jpg

Epic Quotes from Mr Lazor - "time for a penis break". and "is crit japanese for clit?".

Jump to Forum