cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » idle chat
 Print Thread
Re Medic Achievements
Damo
Dear all, Ive now achieved 22 achievements with medic and its getting increasingly difficult to get to the 26. I play most days and some of u may know me. I dont have any friends on my list and need a couple of people to achieve some of the achievements eg healing a friend. I was hoping that perhaps some of the regulars or [CI] people wouldnt mind adding me to their lists or writing after this post to acknowledge that I could add them to mine. Cheers

Damo (aka Damochuckles)

ShiftyJaffa
I think there are a few "medic acheivement" servers around damo. Someone posted on here before. You can just connect on them and they help you get the ones you are missing. Perhaps someone else can let you know a server IP or how to find em?

Damo
Cool, if someone has that info Id be obliged if they could post it.

Damo

NaughtyMe
In any case - I would take a pause on medic - there will be too many Pyro achievement servers popping up
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

Demon
I'll be popping back up my private achievement server later on today, I'll give the password out here. Can organise some achievement whoring tomorrow as soon as the unlocks are out Smile

NaughtyMe
...hmm sounds appealing...the problem with public achievment servers is the griefing....

...engies setting up sentries to kill you on spawning, HWG sat at dispensers continously firing...

...if you're up I'll join in the evenings for a little - give and take - as they say
click->

Ramini
Once the update hits, well a day or two later probably once I've got all the ones I can get naturally, I'll be joining the same acheivement server I did last time. I believe they made their own map for it and the admins were very good at kicking anyone who made trouble. I'll send the IP if anyone wants once I find out if they're continuing with pyro. I know for medic the guy started screaming everytime someone asked to do more acheivements.

Sammage
Awesome Demon, you rock Smile

You can add me also, Damo.

Raven
Pyro isnt one of my strongest classes so i kinda wanna get the pyro pack wrapped and tooked away really as i wont be playing much pyro anyway with the stuffSmile

So ill be joining demon to get the pyro pack wrapped up Smile

Edited by Raven on 18-06-2008 14:38

img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

jem58
Yeah I got about 15 achievements in like 5 minutes on Demon's server <3 Wait for some of us to go on that tomorrow with the pyro stuff I would recommend.

sick-lizard
I think your all cheating yourselves out of a lot of fun using these servers but thats my two pence Grin

Edited by sick-lizard on 18-06-2008 17:25

NaughtyMe

sick-lizard wrote:
I think your all cheating yourselves out of a lot of fun using these servers but thats my two pence Grin

Why?

I love to play...with the option of all the weapons - I have no need or inclination to gain achievements...only the ability to have all the weapons.

If the two were seperated, then I wouldn't be sat on an achievement server
click->

Megalomania
Feel free to add me.

sick-lizard

naughtyme wrote:

sick-lizard wrote:

Why?

I love to play...with the option of all the weapons - I have no need or inclination to gain achievements...only the ability to have all the weapons.

If the two were seperated, then I wouldn't be sat on an achievement server

lol I have to explain why lmao..

erm I dunno perhaps that I'm actually enjoying gaining the achievments by playing the game properly..

Whats the point of having the unlocks if you hardly play medic & you've spent a little time on some box with all cvars hacked to gain something you don't deserve & are not really going to use just seems utterly pointless... reading this thread I hope they reset all your stats!

NaughtyMe
...sigh... there is a difference of opinion here I see.

You like achievments to get your weapons - YOU
I like weapons - I couldn't really give a rat's arse about achievements - ME

I still do the fricking achievements - just in a nice controlled environment. You like to do yours in a chaotic frenetic one.

What CVARS are hacked - it's just a map.

"What's the point in having unlocks if I hardly play medic" - WELL, when I do play medic (or future characters), and I have, when NEEDED, I would like the full load out options available.

And what do you mean I don't deserve to have the weapons?! That's a bit high "horsish" (not English) - I stayed out of everyones hair to get the achievements, others disrupt the public game, purely to get the achievements.

Hey guess what - I still have fun, surely that's what the game is meant to be! GrinGrinGrin

- and they're not going to reset people stats - the UNLOCK that was at the start of the medic unlocks was fair enough - it essentially hacked the game. Sitting in a achievement box setting achievments up is untrackable at this current time- and so what if it were, you're still doing the achievements.

Sick - I'm not beating down on you or others for getting achievements how you want to - why are you so concerned how we're getting ours?

It's not like I'm taking my ("e")-dick out on the server and waving it about.

Edited by NaughtyMe on 18-06-2008 18:38

click->

sick-lizard
ok if the cvars aren't hacked then your putting in more work than should be as the achivement boxes I know of have cvars changed to allow achivements to be completed quicker ..

At no point in my previous conversation did I speak as if I was representing anything other than my own views so no need for the caps Smile

I think you aren't playing the game with the spirit it is intended which in my point view is on the same level as exploiting in the game, but hey that just my point of view & you have yours Smile

Edited by sick-lizard on 18-06-2008 18:33

NaughtyMe
The caps were there to show the difference of opinion - not for any shouting indication, sorry.

What is the spirit of the game?! Surely this is a FPS?!

I shoot you die - ok, ok, it usually is the other way around, but will just gloss over that.

Surely the spirit of the game is to have fun.

In anycase as you said there is a difference of opinion, but in a way there is an example where you contradict yourself - this server runs 32 player- the spirit of the game is to play 24 max. Not only that, but this server has popped between "Internet" and "Custom" tabs.

I'm still stuck on how I am exploiting - I play with weapons, I kill, I get killed, I don't cheat to get my kills - neither do I exploit to get my kills (let's see, there's still the squeezing the fire, nade and rocket through the gates on Dustbowl). Neither am I waving my e-penis in the air...I just get on and have fun with all the people on the server...including you...I still love you......come here cuddly...give us a hug...

...what....I don't smell that bad...
click->

Clever Idiot
*hugs*

Loves mooning valve on the Internet tab , custom my fat hairy arse. Its not like we get some server unlocks for it. full muti threading with bells on.

I was the one to use the plugins to alter the server and never looked back. I cant even remember what 24 looks like Smile

Might be a good idea for a second server if CI was to run of donations where to pickup, but thats the problem with free server software Smile

Never heard anyone moan about the extra slots, the lack of yes Smile second would be spawn timers quickly followed by redstone (am really going to laugh if it makes it in tomorrow patch) AKA as any personal fav/hate maps on rota.

Demon
Nah there's no CVARs changed on the achievement server I run anyway. Couldn't be arsed looking into how to do it. There isn't even any admin mod or anything, had enough of all that crap when I used to run a CSS server...

Armacoast
Rofl, funny discussion but you can put me into the list as well. Would be the first time on a achievment server.

Ach.. That cvar hack was cool. 35 achievments in 2 sec.
i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb118/Armacoast/9b3200whoa.gif

Jump to Forum