Print Thread
PSU Calculator
sick-lizard
found this handy PSU calculator, for all your computer power struggles

http://www.extreme.outervision.com/ps...orlite.jsp

CenTinela
LoL atm I only use 212W of the 560W Pfft

Cold
yep, it is always a LOT less than people expect it to be... and an easy way to overcharge people.

Don Pedro has had an 800W PSU put in his build... I can't believe he needs more than 620W, maybe even less than 500W

sick-lizard
funny you say that hitting... 450 current rig - 650 watts with mild oc spec on newer combos. buying cheap PSU is never a good idea, read about the capacitor aging & re-calculate basically over time & with use the capacitors are no longer able to hold so much of a charge so you gradually lose precious watts.. Centi I am really surprised your P4? rig is only using 212w

Edited by sick-lizard on 07-02-2008 21:44

Cold
yep, i'm more concerned about having a PSU that won't blow up, and having the correct amps on the rails... so thats why i would never get a cheap PSU.

I need 296W max with this system... sick, i'm amazed ur needing that many watts...

CenTinela
Im with cold!!!

btw, when i bought my comp i used a 300W psu, and never had a problem with it.

sick-lizard

cold wrote:
yep, i'm more concerned about having a PSU that won't blow up, and having the correct amps on the rails... so thats why i would never get a cheap PSU.

I need 296W max with this system... sick, i'm amazed ur needing that many watts...

I overclock Grin

Flying
I do not overclock whatsoever and I need 469watt.

Edit: this thing can't possibly be correct. 4 120mm LED Fans use 125watt it says, that is bollocks!

Edited by Flying on 17-02-2008 18:15

Control yourself
Take only what you need from him

sick-lizard
hhhmm how did you do that hit re-calculate after adding 4 x 120 mm's & it went up that much?

Jump to Forum