cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » idle chat
 Print Thread
Valve Slicing Up Orange Box For Retail
Tinger

EA plans to sell standalone copies of Episiode 2, Portal and Team Fortress 2.
by Ryan Geddes
US, February 1, 2008 - PC gamers will soon be able to buy retail versions of the individual games that make up Valve's Orange Box, Electronic Arts confirmed in its third-quarter fiscal conference call this week.

Half-Life 2 Episode 2, Portal and Team Fortress 2 are already available a la carte via Valve's Steam download service. But now the individual titles will also be packaged for retail sales, EA said. Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2: Episode 1 are already available as standalone retail packages.

The newly unbundled games are scheduled to hit retail before the end of EA's fourth fiscal quarter, which ends March 31.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/849/849...153p1.html

Edited by Tinger on 03-02-2008 12:56

Raven
hmm would it still be cheaper to buy organe box for the price of seperate ones Shock
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Cold
of course... because it is like a bulk buy sort of offer... buy a lot, get the cheapest thing free etc.

tf2 is over half the price of orange box if u get it from steam...

Ramini
then add the packaging prices to that.. you may as well buy the orange box online than a single one boxed. Though I know some people like having a box and a manual, I like the fact that I don't have to switch CDs or take them with me, I just have to have an internet connection.

Cold
i bought the actual box of orange box, because it was a hell of a lot cheaper than getting it from steam. Free packaging...

Since I got the whole thing for £18, sliced up the games must be damn cheap

Jump to Forum