cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Auto Balance
Clever Idiot
On or Off or extend / reduce time.

We all know that you cant go though the day without being auto balanced at some point because of some idiot who leaves , or joins spec then joins the other team once balance has happened, even worse disconnect and rejoins then joins the other team.

We can alter how it works, with these cvar's

mp_autoteambalance 1
mp_autoteambalance_delay 60
mp_autoteambalance_warning_delay 45

time is in seconds

Its a devil you know problem, would like to hear peoples views.

Admin punishment for regular people who do this to their team-mates.

Edited by Clever Idiot on 28-12-2007 10:58

nax23
how would it be to make only auto assign?
(not for adminsDevil)

marilyn at
auto assign would be a good think

Tim
I've also been thinking recently that auto assign-only would work quite well, if it's possible.

Flying
I hate being auto-balanced to the other team, even if my team is losing. In effect when I get moved over to the other team I go spec-mode until I can join my old team again. Have always done this and will always do this.

Let me also be the one to counter auto-assign only. There are certain people (won't be naming) who I do NOT want to team up with thus I join the opposite team. Don't take away the option of not having to play with an idiot.. please?
Control yourself
Take only what you need from him

sick-lizard

Tim wrote:
I've also been thinking recently that auto assign-only would work quite well, if it's possible.

Its possible, but everytime we have tried autojoin in CSS most players spat there dummies! a bit reluctant to give it a go, they don't actually want a fair game they wish to play with who they consider the best players, there friends & destroy the other team.

The other problem with autojoin is you cannot have spec slots running as it undermines it Sad

Edited by sick-lizard on 28-12-2007 17:21

Megalomania
Autobalance is annoying, but obviously you can't turn it off without a good replacement.

I think the main issue with autobalance is how it chooses people, it's not so bad when you've just joined. But I can't count how many times a game of dust has started, the first two rounds go really well - you're at or near the top of the scoreboard and then you're switched for the last round. It's just not fair to move people who are contributing a lot to their team. So the ideal solution would be an autobalance that works on time and score (I assume now its random). Perhaps some sort of server mod.

But, since that doesn't seem likely. Auto-assign is probably a good idea, and it will solve another problem - stacking. We all know who the good players are, and I think we're all guilty of choosing the winning side sometimes. Who wouldn't? It can ruin a game though. There again, there are other reasons to pick teams. There's nothing wrong with say wanting to be on the same team as a friend, or a clan wanting to be on the same team.
img401.imageshack.us/img401/9208/tf2sigtz5.png

Tim
I totally agree with Megalomania. Stacking definitely happens, I know I've chosen to be with the players I know now and again, because it is fun. I know people wouldn't like it, but it's hard to argue with auto-assign.

Oh I dunno, it's not straightforward is it Smile

gori11a
No not straight forward, you won't keep everybody happy.

I've even seen really good players (no names) disconnect or join spec and rejoin just to swap to better team.

Autobalance doesn't bother me shit happens.

It is nice to pick and play with friends but not very sporting when team gets stacked.

Will auto assign just make people disconnect and piss about more?
if only i had something funny or clever to put here........

Jump to Forum