cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » idle chat
 Print Thread
Use ATI graphics card? Then u get free games!!
Cold
http://www.steampowered.com/ati_offer1a/

as long as you have an ATI card, you get halflife 2: deathmatch and halflife 2: lost coast absolutely free Grin
Finally, they're doing something right!! (unless ur using nVidia muhahaha)

Also, 1/2 price on several other half-lifes.

Edited by Cold on 31-05-2007 20:20

sick-lizard
Cheers for the heads up, will have a gander at it later.. would you like to make a news post Grin

Cold
yeah, I'll do it now

CenTinela
¬¬

PD: Powered by Nvidia.

Painkiller
Lol...I still prefer NVidia Graphix cardsGrin

Painkiller

Bleach Wii wrote:
Lol already got them however my computer runs slows when steam is run lol

Hmmm..I don`t experience any slow-downs on my computer if i run steamShock

CenTinela
Yes.. Nvidias cards works better with HL2 and css.

And i dont get any slowdown with steam runing. And my comp sucks as all u know. I have to reboot before run css and can play more than 1 hour...:no:

Cold
playing for a solid hour? what a luxury!!

CenTinela
haha lol.

Sometimes it work ok along hour. A month ago I played 5 hours without reboot and without sit up from the chair..Pfft.

Painkiller
hehe...we must wait till ATI brings out their new graphix cards(with new core) but I expect that NVidia 8xxx series will still pwn them:yes:

Cold
for a good while yeah, because they will have loads of problems with drivers, which nVidia have now mostly sorted.

sick-lizard
ATI's new card sucks in comparison to the 8800GTS & Ultra's ... its out & on the shelves, will have to see how it does in bang for buck wars with lower range nividias as ATI are targetting its price lower than the Nividia 8800's

Traditionally ATI cards have always had the edge in HL based games as the engine is optimised for ATI cards, so you will find for the most part HL2 plays better on ATI equipment Grin

Cold

Centinela wrote:
Yes.. Nvidias cards works better with HL2 and css.

sick-lizard wrote;
Traditionally ATI cards have always had the edge in HL based games as the engine is optimised for ATI cards, so you will find for the most part HL2 plays better on ATI equipment

Fight! Sickmilewinkgrin:

CenTinela
I have read that, but I dont remember where..lol

sick-lizard
no fight needed Grin

Being optimized for ATI graphic cards does not necessarily mean that it has worse performance with Nvidia graphic cards. It rather means that ATI graphic cards can provide you the maximum performance in bump mapping and other various effects because the Half-Life 2 engine is optimized for Direct X 9.0. Even with Nvidia's graphic cards, you will run CS: Source properly. Furthermore, if Nvidia's hardware improves to fully support the various function of DirectX 9.0, you can enjoy Half-Life 2 with the same performance as ATI graphic cards.

Bit like latest Doom engine's are optimized for nvidia kit

CenTinela
But that is before of the 7600GT I think.

By google:
http://www.behardware.com/articles/61...0-gto.html

Clever Idiot
Arg its the spectrum vs commodre issue all over again Smile

its tech 6 months later its out of date....

Cold
freelancer, I think you mean:
www.pwn3d.us/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/shit-again.jpg

sick-lizard

freelancer wrote:
Arg its the spectrum vs commodre issue all over again Smile

its tech 6 months later its out of date....

Not at all, the software houses do seem to be favouring one platform or the other..how many games have you cranked up of late which start with Nvidia The Ways Its Meant To Be or something simlar Grin

Painkiller
The last one i remember is Gothic 3 which is 6 months oldGrin

Jump to Forum