cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Wnat to know how to rocket jump?
spaceboy
If anyone hasn't entirely mastered the fine art of rocket jumping in TF2 then I've found these nice little tutorials some chappy has done on youtube. They really do go through the necessary techniques in extensive detail and everything he says is on the money as far as I know Grin If you feel you've got the basics down but are interested in some of the more advanced aspects then you can probably skip the first one Smile

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

I've spent far too large a proportion of my life rocket jumping but I didn't know about the "duck tapping" technique he demonstrates for maximum height (5:55 onwards in the second video) so hopefully everyone will find something of worth in the videos Grin

Have fun Grin

Edited by spaceboy on 07-01-2010 01:55

Behold the wondrous return of Sheriff Pony!

Humi
yea good stuff, didn't know about the duck tapping either!

wolflordandy
I suck at rocket jumping and i think that has helped me with what i'm doing wrong, but will have to go try it out tonight. May pester you for some tips too spaceboy Pfft

Or is the basics of "how do i go forwards" beneath you Wink

If all else fails I'll blame being a left handed player!

NaughtyMe
As a Demo I have always duck tapped or jump+detonate for smaller jumps, so on the odd occasion I have played Soldier (very few) I always got that extra height, I was just shit at everything else. I didn't realise that if you held duck you had a slight reduction in your height - which could be useful I guess.
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

wolflordandy
Yeah I duck tap as a demo, I have no problems doing sticky jumping and landing where i want to, just soldier jumping i tend to get lots of height and not much distance Sad

Solo
who knew rocket jumping was so complicated...
www.ziip.co.uk/ziipsigs/ziip_bc2.jpg

Raven

wolflordandy wrote:
If all else fails I'll blame being a left handed player!

omg your also gifted with this very special hand andy?
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

sick-lizard
he too probably leans on it for long periods of time for the stranger effect Grin

Jump to Forum