cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
TF2 Particles
Mike
This is more aimed at the people with FPS problems in TF2.

If you haven't seen it already, there's a thread on the TF2 forums which reduces a few particle effects for extra fps. The main thread was about removing rain/snow (which doesn't work well with sv_pure annoyingly) on the newer maps but they've been addng other reduced particles which seem to work well. There are things like reduced rocket trails, pyro flames medibeams etc. Most of them (except the rain/snow particles) work with the Ci servers.

I got a huge fps increase with these, so check 'em out.

Here's a couple of screens:

Colour based & reduced pyro flames:
ryuu-project.co.uk/ctf_2fort0002.jpg

Reduced rocket trail:
ryuu-project.co.uk/ctf_2fort0001.jpg

tomregev
I tried all that, didn't give me any noticeable boost. Though the extra visibility is nice. The only thing that really works is an fps config, it got me from 10-25 fps to 50-90. Unfortunately it also has the side affect of making my game look like this:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/...b20001.jpg
Shock

Rofl teh cake
I feel bad for you tom. Frown

spaceboy
Ha ha ha, Tom you weren't kidding when you said I looked like a monstrosity with my halo on XD

I'd love to use the decreased rocket trails etc but there's not much point for me if they won't work with sv_pure 2 (which is in all the league configs). Shame as I could do with more visibility when spamming Sad

Edited by spaceboy on 12-09-2009 15:07

alecom
lmao... that is a crazy look

Jump to Forum