cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
L4D DLC
Mike
Crash Course
Shack News
Steam News

"The primary goal of 'Crash' is to deliver a complete Versus mode experience in just 30 minutes, resulting in a streamlined version of the game's existing Versus campaigns," the company explained. "A recharge timer for infected teammates has also been added, and item spawn behavior has changed for more balanced gameplay."

Sounds like something to get us interested again...

...for an hour or so.

Edited by Mike on 04-08-2009 21:29

Leif
Sweet! I'm tried of having to play 2h+ to complete a versus or campaign.

tomregev
Yeah cause we've been playing versus so much lately. A new campaign is nice to have though with it being only 30 minutes long it feels like "here's some stuff we put together during lunch we still support l4d like we promised buy l4d2"

Also am I the only one that finds the humor in "crashing will be the easiest thing they do today" in context to l4d?

Cpt Obvious
30min? so its just 1-2 maps then meh.

tomregev
Haven't looked too close the first time, but now I see they really fucked up zoey's face in that poster.

alecom
The infected got to her...

Mike

tomregev wrote:
Haven't looked too close the first time, but now I see they really fucked up zoey's face in that poster.

She reminds me of Kathy Bates, I'm not quite sure why.

fafi.coolcats.fr/wp-content//misery_photo.jpg

Braag

tomregev wrote:

It's not the first time they screwed up her face. in Last Stand poster she looks like a transvestite... I'm still not sure if she's supposed to man or a woman in that picture.

http://www.cortel...poster.jpg

Raven
30 minutes for a versus? sounds unusual and different also no excuse for ragequitting cus of the length Grin
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

Mr Waffles
Agreed, the Last Stand poster of Zoey is terrible! Anyway, on topic, I like this DLC and it's good that this new Crash Course campaign is designed to last 30 minutes in vs because not everyone can play a 1 hour and a half vs game. The other good thing about this DLC is that the item spawns are to be balanced. Well here's hoping they remove all random med kits spawning in the maps and replace them with pills (the safe room med kits and finale extra kits should stay). Nothing is worse in L4D vs where all your infected efforts get erased by lucky med kit spawns.

The only bad thing is that it's coming out in September, I'm still annoyed how slow valve are in fixing other issues like the stupid, ridiculous hanging bug glitch. Another is when the tank spawns, the AI controls it for the first 5 seconds which can mean he runs into fire, in front of the minigun or throws a rock so gets easily lit on fire by a molly.

Edited by Mr Waffles on 07-08-2009 15:25

Mike
Heads up

alecom
portal 2! ep 3!

Jump to Forum