cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » pimp my rig
 Print Thread
Checksum error - defaults loaded
Devilz Slave
Hey,
for a few days i got a problem while starting my pc. It only appears when my pc was off over night, and i don't know how to fix it.

when I start my pc, there is shown
"Checksum error - defaults loaded
Press F1 to continue or Del to enter setup"

so I pressed F1 and normally in "the next step" should be written "detect drives done, no any found", but now it only says "detecting drives - please wait" and nothing happens (I can't enter BIOS, cause it's after that step).

I switched my PC off, and tried a Bios reset via jumper, nothing happend...
Then I used google, and some forums said, it could be caused by IDE thing, so I disabled all my CD-drives by plugging out the IDE connector and trried to restart my pc, but nothing changed. So I thought, disalbe your HDD (S-ATA II) and try it again - I could enter BIOS, and after enabeling HDD and crives again, everything worked well.
next day i had the same problem again, so I did all that stuff again, but nothing helped, until I used my second S-ATA connector on mainboard.
today the same thing, but neither S-ATA No.1 nor S-ATA No.2 worked, but No.3....

Now the question: can anyone help me to fix that? Am I destroying my mainboard?

some things about my pc:
mb: asus M2N SLI-Deluxe
gc: ati radeon X1800XT 256mb
ram: 2 Gb GEIL DDRII 800 MHz
cpu: amd athlon 4200+x2
HDD and drives by samsung

I hope you understand everything, if not, then ask Wink

Edit:
*S-ATA connectors are in good order, running it on S-ATA 1 again now.
*I forgot to plug my drives , and then my pc suddenly told me, that "new hardware was found", namely IDE first and second thing.....

Edited by Devilz Slave on 20-06-2009 11:23

Jump to Forum