cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » pimp my rig
 Print Thread
My current FPS issues.
Cpt Obvious
The story:
Few weeks ago i started to have some weird fps spike problems, game would run fine until suddenly drop to 1 fps for about half a minute.

Cleaned insides of pc, removed spyware, defragged, virus scanned. Problem solved!

But it spawned a new problem, now my general fps is a lot lower, and dropping down to 10-20 in firefights. I have no idea why removing spyware and defragging and cleaning would slow down fps...

Wont bother posting system specs cause the game has worked fine for ages, only after fixing the first problem my fps dropped.

Antivirus used at the moment is Kaspersky, some people said its ok, also used avast at the time of problem. Used AVG before any fps problems.

Any help/ideas are most welcome.

Tinger

Cpt Obvious wrote: removed spyware

Are you sure ? spyware can be a bitch

If it was me I would reinstall windows

Cpt Obvious
scanned with 3 different things so hope the worst is gone. Reinstall ugh...

Edited by Cpt Obvious on 04-06-2009 18:12

Tinger
Is the fan working on your gfx card?

sick-lizard
boot in safe mode re-run scan, creat a new user account login with this.. and see if fps issue is present.. also if you have disinfected the anti virus proggy may have eaten a load of very much needed dll's which may have been infected & removed, if a rootkit got in your anti virus proggy maybe can't see it Sad. would go with Tingers plan tbh Smile

tomregev
I've been having a drop in fps since the spy update, used to have about 50 with high settings but since the update I get 30 and 15 in open areas and large maps. With the lowest settings and gamebooster I get 70-80.

Abunai
I think I am the only player to get better improvement since the spy/sniper update :3
i32.tinypic.com/1zqpwyv.jpg

krakyn
I get the same thing fps lag but it only last maybe 5 secs and only happens on public servers thank god. I'd be fucked if it happened in matches. Frown

NaughtyMe
The only thing I get, on the old CPU and the new CPU, is about 3 mins into the first game the whole view sticks for about 4 seconds as if it's still loading files - and then every thing is a-ok...weird. Really quite annoying when you've just laid the stickies or revving up the minigun, the gates open you go to send people to your deaths and nothing happens except the looping of their initial screams.
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

Tinger
since the last update I have had to lower my resolution down to 1920 x 1200 to keep my fps over 60 at all times Sad

Abunai

Tinger wrote:
since the last update I have had to lower my resolution down to 1920 x 1200 to keep my fps over 60 at all times Sad

poor you, just how do you survive
..¬_¬

Back on topic; I actually remembered taking the heatsink of my graphics card and cleaning the fuck out of it - that gave me the performance boost (yes it was that dirty)
Don't suppose you are a pig like me and don't clean your GPU heatsink much?

Seriously, there was a wad of dust in there the size of my fist, wish i took a picture now.
(I know you said that you had cleaned it, but i'm just being picky :3)

Edited by Abunai on 08-06-2009 12:01

i32.tinypic.com/1zqpwyv.jpg

fefe
krakyns post

Jump to Forum