cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » idle chat
 Print Thread
Universal guide for console RPG.
Cpt Obvious
http://project-ap...t/rpg.html

Raven
[small]Breaking l337 post![/small]

Nice thats a dandy list of cliches Smile especially the cloud and party members

i will prob see some of these when star ocean and tales of vesperia comes out over here :>
img696.imageshack.us/img696/5314/mariasig2.jpg

agrippa

star ocean

Amen to that brother! Looking foward to this.

Edited by agrippa on 05-05-2009 17:27

Raven
Aye i havent played any of the previous star ocean series but the last hope is a prequel which is good so i wont be confused with the story as much :>

agrippa
Ditto mate. Im playing valkyria chronicles at the moment and i have to say im a little in love with the game. Im gonna keep an eye on the francise from now on. Id highly recomend it to anyone really.

Edited by agrippa on 05-05-2009 20:17

Raven
Is that one for the ds cus i was looking into it, is it pretty good?

agrippa
no its the ps3 tactical rpg. I think you mean Valkyrie Profile (different spelling), which is apparently ok, but a bit dull.

Valkyria Chronicles has 87% on metacritic and spawned an anime and manga and possibly a sequal. Its also the first console game where i might actually buy the DLC.

"Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume" has 73% on metacritic and is i think the third game in a series.

Raven
Just watched Valkyria chronicles on gametrailers and it does look rather amazing shame its only available on ps3 :<

Cpt Obvious
Beeh i wish my friend was more into jrpg, he prolly has no plans to buy vesperia...
Next wii tales is so far away.

agrippa
raven -> go grab the anime, its only 5 eps in (5th was released today). Its following the game storyline very closly so far so its a good substitute. Keep an eye out for Jann, the big burley anti-tank trooper who wears makeup and likes men, when one of his special ablities activates he sings in a very camp voice "I could get lost in those muscles"... the voice actor that did him in teh english game version must have had an absolute blast.

Edited by agrippa on 05-05-2009 21:59

Raven
Aye captain wanna get the new tales of symponia for wii too just for the story continuation cus it was bloomin good Smile

You have any links for the anime agrippaaaa? Smile

At least FFXIII is comin to 360 though Grin

Raven
Soz to bring it up but for mostly agrippa Zero punctuation have reviewed it :>

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/video...Chronicles

Undead2k
Well that was a kind review, considering he hates JRPGs :X Thought the end was funny regarding the lack of autosave XD

Jump to Forum