cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Spaceboy Productions Brings You: A Very Spacey Spy Movie!
spaceboy
Hello darlings!!!

You may have wondered why I have not been on the server the passed few evenings... well you probably didn't notice, but if you did (and even if you didn't!) the reason is that I have been crafting my magnum opus.. a work of such searing brilliance that it's light will shine brightly through the ages of future history! That's right!.. I have made a Spy Video! Grin

I am aware that both Mr Seraph and Mr Jem have in the past created phenomenal frag videos and have had the good grace and humility to post them in the already existent frag videos thread... I guess it turns out I'm just more self indulgent than them Grin (Who knew right?!).

Play in the video is taken almost exclusively on the Ci public server and involves many regulars from the community (apologies to those not included, but I guess I just didn't manage to stab you in a flashy enough way at any point.. so score one to you I guess Wink ).

The footage was all taken before the mechanics for the spy's knife were changed in a (fairly) recent update so I guess it has an old school look to it... errrm yeah, nothing else to say but enjoy! Grin

High Quality Download ( 324 MB ): www.filedropper.com/AMomentofSilence-...yMoviex264

You Tube:... please watch in High Quality Smile

YouTube Video

Grin

sick-lizard
nice work Smile love it how fefe takes you out without relising on that sticky jump Grin

as if by magic

http://gossip.krus.dk/

Edited by sick-lizard on 01-04-2009 18:13

spaceboy

sick-lizard wrote:
nice work Smile love it how fefe takes you out without relising on that sticky jump Grin

Yeah man! That guy's so lethal he kills people without even knowing it! XD

agrippa
giggled myself silly at teh whole thing. really good stair stabbage, but i loved teh outakes at the end teh best Smile

Fallen Seraph
Well, a pub server spy vid isn't exactly the kinda thing that usually floats my boat, but I laughed very hard at this vid! Ingenious kills! Nice one Smile

Leif
Awesome video, I laughed a lot Grin. Didn't see me in it though.
Hmm you got me inspired to make me a movie myself.

Edited by Leif on 01-04-2009 18:36

alecom
Liked the shooting of the stickyjump demoman, and the outtakes were awesome Grin

The best part was definitely the blu soldier just walking right past you - should have taunted him too!

Edited by alecom on 01-04-2009 18:44

tomregev
Not one appearance? I'm hurt.

alecom

tomregev wrote:

I know! Same here q_q

spaceboy

Alecom wrote:
~
The best part was definitely the blu soldier just walking right past you - should have taunted him too!

Yeah, I was genuinely stunned when that happened.. if that was a kill taunt then that clip woulda been just incredible (I mean the knife basically went into his chest Shock ). Interestingly enough that was one of the few clips not on Ci Grin.. funny that.

agrippa

Spaceboy wrote:
Interestingly enough that was one of the few clips not on Ci Grin.. funny that.

Youd never get away with that on CI

spaceboy

Alecom wrote:

tomregev wrote:

I know! Same here q_q

If think you both showed up in the death notices, either killing or being killed..so that's something?.. right?... right?....kiss

Leif
yay I found myself on the scoreboard Pfft was before I joined Ci

Mike
There's no evidence of me getting stabbed on that video, so it has Mike's approval.

Love the stair-stabbing and the editing's brilliant.

Well done kiss

Fraps? Why not just use the source recorder?

gooroo
fabbooo video Spacels!

just love that Soldier missing you taunting right in front of him - shame it wasn't on Ci, cos i'm sure that would deserve a ban!

spaceboy

Mike wrote:
There's no evidence of me getting stabbed on that video, so it has Mike's approval.

Love the stair-stabbing and the editing's brilliant.

Well done kiss

Fraps? Why not just use the source recorder?

Thankies! I use Fraps because it's ever so slightly more convenient.. a couple of the clips on there were recorded with the movie making console commands but it's a bit of a hassle. It goes really slowly as source is both playing the thing and rendering it at the same time.. with fraps you can punch in and punch out with a key press while running a demo so it takes less time to get a bunch of clips done. Unfortunately this did lead to a couple steam notifications in the bottom right on one of the clips..but that was just my own fault for not paying attention Smile

agrippa
a few things ppl might have missed that made me laugh::

@0:52 -> taking on the two turrets (took some brass balls sir) got away with the magic 1hp Smile

@1:01 -> you can see from the kill notices that spaceboy has just backstabbed [Ci] Tim... Tim's chat responce is precious Smile

@1:57 the cheeky cheeky camping spot id never seen used before.

@5:58 =58th=Chillpill is chatting to team blu.. at the same time as Chillpill on team red is killing spaceboy.... Mulder and Scully have been dispatched.

Edited by agrippa on 01-04-2009 19:53

NaughtyMe
I like.

NaughtyMe gives: Party
click->
cleveridiot.com/images/photoalbum/album_12/sig2smallercx5.jpg<-click

Join me in Tribes 2: [url]https://account.hirezstu

spaceboy

AgrippA wrote:
~
@1:01 -> you can see from the kill notices that spaceboy has just backstabbed [Ci] Tim... Tim's chat responce is precious Smile

Ha ha ha ha... I hadn't noticed that either Grin

AgrippA wrote:
@1:57 the cheeky cheeky camping spot id never seen used before.

Yeah, I'm not sure how useful it actually is in practical terms, cos you can sit there for ages with no one coming out just wasting your time... also there's a tendency for people who DO push out to immediately look up to check for Sentry Guns/Demos... in which case being in that spot only really buys you like half a second Grin

Raven
Nice vid spaceboy i also found the music very compellingly nice Smile

Jump to Forum