cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » idle chat
 Print Thread
Indiana Jones 4 was a dissapointment
Mr Waffles
I recently watced Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and I'm dissapointed. I mean the nuclear weapon test scene or the bit where Mutt swings through the jungle Tarzan style were awful. Speilberg must have been smoking crack when he decided to include those scenes. I loved the Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade (I even prefer The Last Crusade over the Raiders of the Lost Ark), I thought Temple of Doom was okay but I was excited about the 4th film only for it to turn out average. Anybody else find the 4th film dissapointing?

Raven
i enjoyed it was alright, wasnt as better as the pprevious trilogy some section like the nuclear bit and the ufo were like tmi

huge fan of radiers and last crusade

also watch this Smile

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view...iew/442704

Mr G
CASH COW strikes again hollowood flick. would nt expect much from mr 80 year old action hero lol....but hey everyone wants to be Indiana Jones bit like 007. (and don't get me started on how poooooor these new lot of 007 flicks are)

Outlander surprised me some what , and wasn't that bad A bad movie. Watchmen is getting loads of hype at the momment.

spaceboy
I thought the trailer for Watchmen looked great Grin

krakyn
Given the legal wranglings over watchmen (hey look, an Alan Moore project in legal issues, how odd Mute ) I worry about when watchmen will make it to the cinema, little doubt it could be epic if it does, but still.

Humi
I watched IJ4 a couple of weeks ago, didn't like it either. Too much special effects n stuff and the movie was too long, some scenes were so boring to watch and they didn't seem to stop.

tomregev
This sums it up pretty well:
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips...ips/187269

Edited by tomregev on 19-02-2009 10:46

stigdu
I think George Lucas had too much influence over Spielberg whilst he was shooting Indy 4 what with all the cutesy stuff and twee moments (of which there were too many to mention).

loopdigga
i think its got to the point where lucas has surrounded himself with people who aren't critical of his ideas. If you look at the dialog in IJ4 it totally mediocre. He's such a big name that ppl are also probably too intimidated to tell him that his work is a piece of shit.

Also he needs to get over his alien fetish. Aliens have no place inside the indiana jones world.

krakyn
Its not the yes men its the fact he's in charge, go look at who did things like direct the origional Star wars, Lucas was only getting co-credit for that at best most of the time. Now he does it all and look at the modern trilogy to see what that means. He's an ideas man, and a bloody good one of those, but he needs other people to make his ideas work and he's not getting that impute any more

Jump to Forum