cleveridiot.com » the clever bit » the games we play
 Print Thread
Another TF2 update that does not include Scout.
Cpt Obvious
Team Fortress 2

Added percentage to UberCharge HUD panel for the Medic

Added upgrade progress and levels to Engineer HUD panel for all buildings

Added mp_tournament_allow_non_admin_restart server ConVar to allow server admin to toggle whether non-admin players can issue the mp_tournament_restart ConCommand on the server. Default is 1 (current behavior)

Added flag to the gamerules entity so map authors can override the HUD type being used. Allows map authors to force CTF or CP HUD to be used if they mix CTF/CP entities in the map

Added check in CTF HUD to make sure it doesn't point at disabled capture zones when the player is carrying the flag. Allows map authors to have more than one capture zone for each team in the map

Changed AutoTeam to give new players to the attackers on attack/defend maps if the teams are even

Fixed Pyro model not animating in the class menu

Fixed players getting stuck in the "prepare to respawn..." countdown loop

Fixed Natascha not getting the proper 75% of damage and slightly increased the strength of Natascha's slowdown

Fixed teleporter entrance/exit effects being drawn when they don't have a matching teleporter entrance/exit

Fixed announcer saying "the cart is nearing the checkpoint" after the round has already been won

Fixed cloaked spies having a particle-beam effect while standing next to a dispenser that's healing them

Fixed server crash when trying to load a map that contains control points with duplicate index values

Fixed several materials warnings in the console

Fixed "Cart.Explode" sound script entry using an unknown sound channel

Marked the cl_bobcycle and cl_bobup ConVars as cheats

Team Fortress 2 and Day of Defeat: Source

Fixed clients using reloadresponsesystems, sv_soundemitter_flush, sv_soundemitter_filecheck, sv_findsoundname, and sv_soundscape_printdebuginfo to lag/crash servers

Source Engine

Fixed client "timeout on mapchange" problem

Fixed setinfo exploit

Marked the r_aspectratio ConVar as a cheat

Server Browser

Renamed "Quick List" to "Map List"

Removed minimum ping filter from Map List

Yay for removing dispenser particle shooting to cloaked spies.

Natascha fix!

TIMEOUT ON MAPCHANGE FIXED!!!!!

Rofl teh cake
I agree, yay to spy, natasha and timeout

spaceboy
Does that mean we can now sit cloaked next to a level 3 dispenser indefinitely without being given away by the little glowing beam?

Ramini
Was the dispenser a huge thing? I sat next to a dispenser cloaked for about a minute yesterday while 3 of the other team milled around and they didn't notice me. I'd rather the overheal effect was removed for spies.
Natascha might actually be useful now eh..

Cpt Obvious

Spaceboy wrote:
Does that mean we can now sit cloaked next to a level 3 dispenser indefinitely without being given away by the little glowing beam?

Yes just tested by going to the bathroom and sitting about 4 minutes cloaked on a dispenser while the engineer even upgraded it under me =P

Edited by Cpt Obvious on 29-01-2009 12:13

Mr G
All untill ya get a pyrobackdraft up ya arse Smile

krakyn
Adding a numerical figure to the ubercharge for medic is epic to be honest. No more guestimating the % for me Grin

Them finally noticing the pyros lack of animation and putting it back in is cool to. Most of the rest of it seems back end, so not a big deal, there was talk of them making fastlane better but maybe that will be with the other maps in the scout pack.

Mike
They finally patched the reloadresponsesystems exploit, took them long enough...

I actually forgot what the pyro animation looked like Smile

spaceboy

Cpt Obvious wrote:

Spaceboy wrote:

Yes just tested by going to the bathroom and sitting about 4 minutes cloaked on a dispenser while the engineer even upgraded it under me =P

Ha ha ha awesome... Yeah this wasn't a huge deal anyway as I don't think most people paid any attention to it (maybe they thought it was a ghost?). Shouldn't make much difference practically but might help on the odd occasion where you're clambering over an alert engie's equipment while cloaked.

agrippa

Fixed cloaked spies having a particle-beam effect while standing next to a dispenser that's healing them

Not 100% sure im keen on this. I mean i can now just sit near a leveled up dispenser without needing to uncloak ever. AS a spy whore that makes me happy, but im not sure its whats best for the game.

@spaceboy: i have been caught cloaked in the past bu engies that position their dispensers in a door way or somethign similarso that they can see spys coming.

Edited by agrippa on 29-01-2009 19:16

spaceboy

AgrippA wrote:
@spaceboy: i have been caught cloaked in the past bu engies that position their dispensers in a door way or somethign similarso that they can see spys coming.

Yeah I know, like I said occasionally canny engies will use that.. but I don't think the majority even knew about it.

You are correct that technically you could also now sit by a levelled dispenser indefinitely cloaked.. but how much more productive are you actually gonna be as a result of that? I can imagine the odd occasion where it'll prove useful but I can't see it being a massive deal.

Ramini
it means you can now hang around the sentry so you can sap when your team pushes. No more trying to stay cloaked or disguised.
The whole spy cloak recharge thing is sick now. I've been playing spy loads recently and since I know where all the ammo on a level is I can just stay cloaked forever, stalk, uncloak, stab, cloak and be back to an ammo point to refill it without being killed.

agrippa

Spaceboy wrote:

but how much more productive are you actually gonna be as a result of that?

screw productivity... i will spend the entire game sapping teleporters even if they have no exits. I will sit behind an engineer and constantly type messages to freak them out in public chat. I will do that for a 20 min run on dustbowl_3, lurking, chatting, messing with engies heads' and i will be laughing my ass off the whole time...

Edited by agrippa on 29-01-2009 20:39

wolflordandy
You realise, Grip, the second you try freak me out, I'm gonna go on a spy hunt, starting with all around the dispencer Pfft

Mike
I just hope he doesn't do it to me when I'm trying to snipe people Shock

Edited by Mike on 01-02-2009 02:48

JunkfoodMan
Don't be a sniper; Be a productive member of the team!
=P
Also, I love the whole update, minus the "Natascha SLOWS DOWN MOREEE" aspect of it.

Mike
Sniping people and destroying sentries from afar means a clearer path for other team members. That's pretty productive.

Edited by Mike on 02-02-2009 00:27

wolflordandy
Sniping engineers is always a useful treat, and medics, and other snipers...

oh, and heavies on killing sprees! And that scout that just leapt nice and high in the air in a predictable arc... lol

Jump to Forum